Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

NINTENDO E3 2011: HOPES, DREAMS, and SWIMMINGPOOL CREAMING DESIRES.

Fused King

I'm not sure how to feel. On the one hand i'm super excited about Nintendo showing their next console, on the other i'm a little worried about Nintendo disregarding the Wii. It's kinda like the situation with the 3DS and DS. Its great seeing 3DS titles BUT i'm still very much in love with the DS even though Nintendo are probably moving on from it now.

Aren't you worried that they'll revolutionise in one area, but come up with half-arsed concepts in another?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you worried that they'll revolutionise in one area, but come up with half-arsed concepts in another?

I want an online system like Xbox Live but I'm all set for a disappointment when it comes to their online setup. Other than that i'm not expecting anything else.

To be honest i'm not looking for Nintendo to revolutionise anything, they probably will but I care little about waggle, sensors etc. I just want to play my favourite Nintendo franchises on a HD system with a decent online setup and I will be happy.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

To be honest i'm not looking for Nintendo revolutionise anything, they probably will but I care little about waggle, sensors etc. I just want to play my favourite Nintendo franchises on a HD system with a decent online setup and I will be happy.

Amen. I'm hoping they don't feel that they have to innovate in order to continue the precedent. I'm sure the Vitality Sensor came about from this desire.

I'm not sure how to feel. On the one hand i'm super excited about Nintendo showing their next console, on the other i'm a little worried about Nintendo disregarding the Wii. It's kinda like the situation with the 3DS and DS. Its great seeing 3DS titles BUT i'm still very much in love with the DS even though Nintendo are probably moving on from it now.

It seem's to have turned around so quick doesn't it? completely agree that I don't want to see the back of the DS and Wii, it's just a shame the Wii wasn't packing better / competitive specifications from launch, it would of been nice to have a longer life cycle to it much like the 360 and PS3. But there really isn't much more it can do now.

To be honest i'm not looking for Nintendo to revolutionise anything, they probably will but I care little about waggle, sensors etc. I just want to play my favourite Nintendo franchises on a HD system with a decent online setup and I will be happy.

Agreed completely about the Nintendo quality games on glorious HD, but I am actually looking forward to what they'll bring to gaming next. Just been in a deep conversation with a friend who doesn't understand the impact Nintendo had to gaming (Wavebird = Wireless / Analogue stick / rumble features / motion controls etc etc etc) got slightly heated as he would reply the N64 Controller was shit to hold, but my point wasn't comfort, it was new features brought to gaming from it.

but anyways yes... it got to the point of what they'll do next, and while we can only assume it'll be the controller that has the innovative features, was discussing if the console could offer anything new to gaming...

my stupid stab in the dark was holographic displays, which was very OTT in the Iron Man films...

iron-man-2-holographics-250.jpg

interface_610x468.jpg

my stupid stab in the dark was holographic displays, which was very OTT in the Iron Man films...

They're coming, it's just that it'll be down to television manufacturers and the companies that make the discs (or otherwise) that'll hold the massive amounts of data required.

TO be honest with you the DS has had a blooooooooody good run, with Nintendo AND thrid parties all pushing what the capabilities on the DS. I truly think it's had a good run, and seeing Nintendo keen on just bringing more old Japanese DS games that never came over here to keep the machine from dying right away I CAN'T WAIT (It's like the only small hope I can cling onto in hopes that Soma Bringer comes over here :cry: )

I still don't think that the Wii is dead...yet, this new system is out next year, Nintendo still need to show the goods when it comes to the Wii so they can still make money this year. Shit all Nintendo would have to do for us is release Monster Hunter 3G on the Wii and we will be playing it for 6 months straight xD

It's funny, I honestly believe that the Wii hasn't lived up to it's potential, not even half it's potential... and yet it's still my favourite of all the consoles! It really is amazing, even if it should've been more amazing!

This E3 I'm hoping for Pikmin, Wave Race and a Retro Studios game (either a new IP or just news that Retro will develop the next Zelda) all for Project Cafe.

What happened to that Space[man/suit] game that was shown in a compilation trailer maybe 2 E3's ago? Was that a Nintendo title?

I wouldn't be surprised if Retro Studios are working on Starfox. Didn't they say recently they aren't working on a follow up to DKCR, but that it would be a project people would be very excited about... or did I make that up?

Edited by Retro_Link

I wouldn't be surprised if Retro Studios are working on Starfox. Didn't they say recently they aren't working on a follow up to DKCR, but that it would be a project people would be very excited about... or did I make that up?

I believe they said that they're working on what people are wanting them to work on....

So I guess it depends on which forum they've been checking out:laughing:

Going by N-Europe, I'd say they're making F-Zero.

However, it might also mean that they continue with Metroid Prime, remember, MP3 had an open ending....

"Do a barrel-roll."

Awesome!

I've mentioned what I'd like to see from Nintendo, but from the other conferences I think I'd like to see something of The Last Guardian... and that's about it to be honest. I can't get excited over Uncharted 3, I just have a feeling it'll be too short again.

Edited by Kav

I've mentioned what I'd like to see from Nintendo, but from the other conferences I think I'd like to see something of The Last Guardian... and that's about it to be honest. I can't get excited over Uncharted 3, I just have a feeling it'll be too short again.

You're into multiplayer far as I can tell. Maybe you should have a look at Starhawk. ;)

As many problems as I think Uncharted 2 had, I did not think length was one of them actually.

Loved Uncharted 2 as a kind of blockbuster experience and never had a problem with it's length. If anything the game might have been shorter for my liking. I'm not very fond of the shooting mechanics in Uncharted 2 (I think they're solid, but unremarkable), so I wouldn't have complained, if they decided to shorten them by throwing less waves of enemies at you.

I must be alone in thinking the length of the game is a problem. It's an enjoyable experience whilst it lasts that's for sure and it's amazingly well scripted, brilliant dialogue, but I finished it on the hardest setting in a little over 6hrs, it just left me feeling a little disappointed... I couldn't get into it's multiplayer as I think the shooting mechanics are the games big weakness.

Yeah they don't talk much, though they do raise a good point about the controller and a possible problem with button mapping third party games. Once again Nintendo are likely to need a second controller... which for consumers is a bit annoying really.

THERE SHALL BE NO MENTION OF OTHER SYSTEMS AND/OR GAMES THAN THOSE OF NINTENDO IN THIS THREAD!

Yeah uh... no.

Although it's apart of the rumour I posted in the Cafe announcement thread, there's supposedly a Kojima game to be shown that looks like a remake of Snatcher. I would love this to be true and I will shit bricks if shown.

This is relevant due to the fact it's supposedly in the footage during Nintendo's project cafe title montage.

Edited by Debug Mode

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!