Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Eurovision Dusseldorf 2011

Beast

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you guys missed a topless Britney Spears impersonator proving that Britain Does Indeed... Have Talent!

*kinda* :p

Blue are on 14th right?

How come voting lines are already open... does that not give an advamtage to those early on?

Kinda... but then people will have forgotten about them by the time it finishes... and lots of people know who they're voting for before it starts , so it's all a bit mixed up really!

I only tuned in when France were on... did I miss anyone good (and do NOT say Jedward... I know I missed them and I know they are no good :heh:)

Are there any Rock acts/bands this year?

What's your favourite eurovision song? Also what's the best song YOUR country has released.

I'm going for this on both counts( Biased I know :D)

lovely and sweet song. It won for Ireland in 1994. It's also depressing.. Certainly a song that wouldn't win it these days...

HIGH FIVE

That's my fav song too... I have it on my MP3 and still listen to it regularly... my 5 month old seems to like it too when I play it :D

JEDWARD FTW

You used to be cool :p haha :hug:

I've actually done a small bit of online betting... did a kinda "each way" I guess, put a tenner on Ireland to finish between 9th - 12th and another tenner to finish between 13th - 16th

While I would actually prefer them to come last, I figure they will prolly do better than that, but hopefull not much. If I win on either I'll get 60 back :heh:

Edited by Mokong

You used to be cool :p haha :hugs:

I've actually done a small bit of online betting... did a kinda "each way" I guess, put a tenner on Ireland to finish between 9th - 12th and another tenner to finish between 13th - 16th

While I would actually prefer them to come last, I figure they will prolly do better than that, but hopefull not much. If I win on either I'll get 60 back :heh:

I have a feeling they're gonna finish higher. I don't want them to though.

I missed songs 3 through 13. I was called into action by my father to help clear his work's office in the shadiest of fashions: loading PCs/work stations and monitors into his boss's transit.

Anyway, did I miss anything particularly good between songs 3 and 13? Or should I say, anything that wasn't terrible?

I thought Finland's song was nice. Similarly Bosnia's song was ok.

I have a feeling they're gonna finish higher. I don't want them to though.

I'm fairly confident that them singing so early will hinder them a bit... that and I reckon they'll hopefully only get top marks from the UK, they'll pick up points elsewhere but (hopefully) not many :)

Thought Azerbiajans song just there wasn't that bad... I won't cast any votes till the end anyway (as I don't know any of the songs)

I missed songs 3 through 13. I was called into action by my father to help clear his work's office in the shadiest of fashions: loading PCs/work stations and monitors into his boss's transit.

That sounds doddgy alright, haha

Anyway... enjoying Slovenia right now... and she nice on the eyes :P

Oh wow, the Ukrainian act had Kseniya Simonova doing her sand art. Nice little surprise there as I remember seeing her do some of it a few years ago and thinking how incredible it was. Song wasn't great, mind, and probably overshadowed by the sand art. That'll either work in their favour or against it.

Wow, just when I thought there wasn't any real interesting songs out come Georgia with some decent rockness.

I'm voting for Georgia... just watching the recap I reckon Moldova will (dersevidly) get a few points as this years "funny" act which will hopefully steal points away from Jedward as that's prolly what they were hoping for.

But yeah come on Georgia

Denmark, Sweden, Georgia, Romania, Italy and Lithuania were cool, the UK were okay and in some weird way, so were Ireland.

I hope Georgia will win and I hope UK or Ireland (I know...) come high but it'd be interesting to see how much Europe like Jedward :p

I liked France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland and Austria

Huh, three german-speaking countries, and I am learning that. Was I influenced already?

And if Ukraine can put on a show with a sand artist, I'm sure Eenuh can figure out a way to help Belgium next year :p

It will be interesting, seeing who Portugal votes for. Probably Spain, but who knows. We tend to vote Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.

EDIT: Also, what the fuck are you guys seeing in the Irish twins? How the fuck did that even pass?

I just saw the highlights and... lol, jedward are going to flop big time. They were so amateur (which is why they're "big" here - britain likes losers). Caught that last song - very evanescence. No clue who'll win from the brief clips I saw but the results and sad faces are always fun!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!