NEurope
Nintendohnut

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

So I wasn't really expecting it but it looks like Ubisoft may be announcing a new Assassin's Creed game soon, through their Facebook site*

I clicked the link today and it took me here... (not sure if you'll be able to see it for whatever reasonn but it's worth a try)

Here are a few screenshots of the page for those that can't access it:

screenshot20110430at103.png

screenshot20110430at104.png

So what do you think? I haven't reposted it anywhere or anything like that, so I'm not technically involved with the whole thing, but I am very interested to see what will come out of this. Will it be something shit? Will it be a name, or some screenshots? WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN IT REACHES 100%!?!?!!!?! etc

Alternatively this is a massive hoax and the facebook page (which has been going for ages, mind) is actually nothing to do with Ubisoft

This has also been spotted but was taken down;

a_med_capture9yhp.jpg.jpg

Bit of info about it;

Users were then directed to a separate page asking them to hit 'Like' to help unlock a reveal. The site was quickly pulled, but not before someone discovered a logo for Assassin's Creed: Revelations in the page's Flash file as well as original protagonist Altair's name written in Arabic.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-29-what-is-assassins-creed-revelations

I keep thinking that the next one (or one of them, at least) has to be set in Victorian Britain.

London_Rooftops_by_Raphael_Lacoste.jpg

I keep thinking that the next one (or one of them, at least) has to be set in Victorian Britain.

I sure hope so. Would be great and a nice change. I'm sick of Italy after the last two titles (they were good, though).

I sure hope so. Would be great and a nice change. I'm sick of Italy after the last two titles (they were good, though).

People suggest France as a good location, during the revolution or something.

People suggest France as a good location, during the revolution or something.

yeah I've heard france banded around, apparently there are suggesting within the game that this may be the case...it would be cool if this was the case but having said that I'm with Cube 100% on Victorian Britain, it would be incredible and unlike anything else out there.

I heard WW1 shortly after the second game came out. Not actually in the Great War itself, but set during this period.

I sure hope this will be AC 3 and not another freaking spin-off.

YES. I've always said this. I want to play one of the potential candidates for Jack the Ripper and get wrongly framed.

Would be stunning.

YES. I've always said this. I want to play one of the potential candidates for Jack the Ripper and get wrongly framed.

Would be stunning.

Stop what ever you are doing and get on the phone to Ubisoft. We have a winner.

The first stage of the reveal has been achieved by enough people liking it etc...theres now a bit more to the image;

assassinscreed2c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm hoping thats a british castle up in the background....even though I'm not sure it is

Hey, Firefox 4 is pretty good. I dart between that and Chrome.

Who still uses Firefox?

Firefox + Web Developers Toolbar = what I use 9-5 most days.

The real question is, who still uses Windows XP o_o

Businesses who can't afford to upgrade to Windows 7 and who were lucky enough to not get computers with Vista.

Who still uses Firefox?

Hey, Firefox 4 is pretty good. I dart between that and Chrome.

I used to use chrome until it stopped working as smoothly and then firefox 4 released and solved all my woes!

Firefox + Web Developers Toolbar = what I use 9-5 most days.

It's what came on my netbook.....Samsung NC10 that bought in 2008! It still runs pretty well but its now my only computer having moved out of the parents....which kinda sucks.

The Samsung NC10 has a Intel Atom N270, which will run Windows 7 like lightning ;-)

The Samsung NC10 has a Intel Atom N270, which will run Windows 7 like lightning ;-)

yeah but then i got to go through the faff of backing up all my docs and stuff meh I don't know if I can be bothered lol

EDIT:

Daft your not alone in your love for England as a location;

I'm pretty sure I say it in every Assassin's Creed article, but I'll just say it again for the sake of it: I really really hope AC3 or whatever the next main entry game is called (unless this is it?) is set in Victorian England/London.

The possibilities are amazing. Steampunk-style weapons and gadgets inspired by the Industrial Revolution? Yes please.

Climbing and exploring some incredible landmarks, including the Crystal Palace, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Palace of Westminster (a.k.a. the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben), Kew Gardens, Westminster Abbey, St Paul's Cathedral, Trafalgar Square? Absolutely.

The political side of things, including the relationships between Queen Victoria, Benjamin Disraeli and William Gladstone? Could make for a very interesting backdrop. How about expanding on the Copernicus stuff from AC:B with Charles Darwin publishing On The Origin Of Species?

And then the big one: Jack The Ripper. Seriously, who wouldn't want to get involved with that whole story? Jack could be a Templar taking out Assassin informants who work undercover as prostitutes, or conversely he could be an Assassin infiltrating Templar informant rings and killing their female members.

I really shouldn't work myself up like this. I just know it'll end in crushing disappointment.

taken from destructoid comments.

Edited by flameboy

I thought I was the only one wanting Victorian England.

Have we all been hit with a subliminal desire for it?

I thought I was the only one wanting Victorian England.

Have we all been hit with a subliminal desire for it?

Yes it appears we have....

One thing do they concentrate on London and have different areas of the game as different parts of city. OR do they dare alienating american's etc...who think that London is the only place in England and incorporate other cities?

I reckon it'll be set in the time of revolutionary France, or shortly after when Napoleon was in charge. London, Paris and maybe Vienna/Rome/Moscow/Königsberg?

EDIT: At present, the image is of a big Mosque on a slight hill in a city. Not sure what to make of it, though with it being on a hill rules out the obvious big city choice: Istanbul.

Edited by The fish

France was a fairly popular theory for the next setting, but going by what's being teased so far, it doesn't look like London or France. There's been heavy referencing to Altair, Ezio, and some suggestion of Giovanni and Crete(And Subject 16 to a lesser extent). Lots of things kicking about, very little sense.

But then again, I full expect a huge curveball, this is AC after all. Nothing is true, everything is permitted :heh:

There's a new clip that appearently shows Hagia Sophia in it.