NEurope
Nintendohnut

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I'll probably get this one for christmas holidays... I hope it feels less like an expansion (brotherhood) and more like a full fledged game! (II)

I'll probably get this one for christmas holidays... I hope it feels less like an expansion (brotherhood) and more like a full fledged game! (II)

From what i've played so far, it has lost that feeling you've mentioned.

I hope they ditch the bloody defence stuff for AC3, bloody hate it. Brotherhood and AC2 are better so far.

I picked this up at my local carboot today for the grand total of £35. Not played the others, will it matter?

I picked this up at my local carboot today for the grand total of £35. Not played the others, will it matter?

Definitely. Unless you're just playing for multiplayer, it will spoil a lot of the previous games. It might give a small recap of the previous games but you'll miss a lot.

Definitely. Unless you're just playing for multiplayer, it will spoil a lot of the previous games. It might give a small recap of the previous games but you'll miss a lot.

It does recap, and spoils the 3 previous titles if you've not played them before.

I definitely need a recap. Currently playing through the first one. Love it. The setting, just so much, I love.

I definitely need a recap. Currently playing through the first one. Love it. The setting, just so much, I love.

Yeah, I loved the first one's setting and feel. I just wasn't feeling the gameplay itself or the story.

£35 at a car boot?? I paid £25 brand new

I figure I can finish it and swap it for skyrim :)

Yeah, I loved the first one's setting and feel. I just wasn't feeling the gameplay itself or the story.

Yeah, i agree. It had the right setting, the gameplay and missions let it down a bit i thought.

Just finished it

Assassins Creed: Revelations - 8/10

Good game with a great continuation of Ezio and Desmonds story. Not as much content as the previous two games with less characters aswell. Not as good as Brotherhood or AC2 but a good game and I await AC3 next year because damn.

Yeah, i agree. It had the right setting, the gameplay and missions let it down a bit i thought.

I thought the gameplay was the most coherent of all the ACs. I mean, it's the only game that has you act like an assassin. You have to find out info about your target. The more you find out the more options you can choose from in the actual assassination missions. I mean it didn't quite work out like that because the implementation was poor but they just chucked that idea out and made the other games totally linear.

The missions were the other let down, in my eyes. And they were massively flawed/boring.

I thought the gameplay was the most coherent of all the ACs. I mean, it's the only game that has you act like an assassin. You have to find out info about your target. The more you find out the more options you can choose from in the actual assassination missions. I mean it didn't quite work out like that because the implementation was poor but they just chucked that idea out and made the other games totally linear.

The missions were the other let down, in my eyes. And they were massively flawed/boring.

I know AC-II had a different way of going about being an assassin. Yes, it wasn't the same as the first title. But it did have the stealth element and the discovering about the target, just took a different approach about it.

I guess it just didn't capture my imagination (or memory, apparently) like the first one did.

I guess it just didn't capture my imagination (or memory, apparently) like the first one did.

The first Creed had the right idea, just implemented it in a way which was tedious to me after the 2nd target. Basically "pickpocket, interrogate, evesdrop" before going for the target felt tedious to me.

The way Ubi did II and implemented it into Brotherhood and Revelations is, in my opinion, better than the 1st. Missions had/have variety to them compared to the 1st.

I do have intentions to play the original again, it's a case of as and when.

AC just felt a little more independent. Like you were left to your own devices.

It's out tomorrow?! This ruins everything!!. Skyrim on the 11th, Skyward on the 18th, AC on the 25th and Pokemon Rumble on the 2nd. That was the plan! Now everything is ruined :(

I only made it past the first level thing, not really into it at all. Seems very slow and .... Yeah. Not my cup of tea.

Something to watch-out for

If anyone spots you pick-pocketting other than a guard, they will approach you and start attacking you. Calling you all sorts of names. Thought it was pretty good, punching the crowd and getting away with it. Kind of a huge brawl-for-all.

It's out tomorrow?! This ruins everything!!. Skyrim on the 11th, Skyward on the 18th, AC on the 25th and Pokemon Rumble on the 2nd. That was the plan! Now everything is ruined :(
This is the ultimate First World Problems month :heh: After November I don't think I'll need to buy a new game til Mass Effect 3, I'll have such a backlog.
I think the 1st one controlled so poorly I can't imagine going back to it.
Wha o_o I can understand many levels of criticism aimed at these games, they're not for everyone. But they have always controlled like a dream for me. No other games let you scale a city with such ease. Also the series has gotten consistently better since the first and the multiplayer is brilliant. Edited by Shorty

I've always been a bit shit with the controls, but I've always blamed my own ineptitude.

@Daft I do know what you mean. With AC I really felt alone and integrated with the world. I spent hours just walking around as if I was another citizen -- but the decision to follow the brotherhood's multi-age timeline and focus the layered narrative with 2 and the spin-offs was in itself a good decision. The whole creed thing has grown in intrigue, but by default that takes you out of the mix and trivialises the in-game events.

It's certainly become 'franchised', and although I've not played the latest development it seems to have mostly grown (story aside) from borrowing from - or remoulding itself to - other games. The open-world element of brotherhood missions and the addition of multiplayer were certainly AC's own take on those modes and styles, but it's still a case of taking the AC flavour and adding it to another dish entirely. The first AC game felt more like an altered MGS while the latter have felt more like an altered GTA (but more limited).

Ramble ramble.

Wha o_o I can understand many levels of criticism aimed at these games, they're not for everyone. But they have always controlled like a dream for me. No other games let you scale a city with such ease. Also the series has gotten consistently better since the first and the multiplayer is brilliant.

Well, I personally agree with the control issues. The controls are great and couldn't possibly be mapped any better, but there's an abundance of functions, especially with the A button that many times leads to mistakes. Happened to me all the time with both II and brotherhood.

Gametrailers Review

From an outside perspective (having only watched @Eddage playing the first game), this looks better than what I've seen of the other games in the series. Looks to have some great moments in it, and I like the more varied gameplay, especially the look of the caves.

Edited by Retro_Link