NEurope
Nintendohnut

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

lol, I knew you'd post.

Although I will admit FFXIII wasn't on par with past FF games.

Hey there PlayStation Assassins!

Aren’t you LUCKY?! We have just announced that PS+ members and Uplay members get access to the Assassin’s Creed Revelations BETA on September 3rd. Seriously, this is happening! Here is a quick glimpse of some of the things you can expect to experience in the ACR BETA (a much, much more detailed list is available in our forums).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/08/10/assassins-creed-revelation-beta-opens-to-plus-members-on-3-september/

Sick.

Uplay members?

Does that mean that stupid account that the previous Assassin's Creed created for me is good for something?

Hm, it sounds that way but I doubt it's so simple.

Actually, don't diss the Uplay. You get achievements on that for free, and can then spend them on additional outfits, multiplayer characters etc.. Much better than paying real money for trivial "hats" DLC etc.

Hm, it sounds that way but I doubt it's so simple.

Actually, don't diss the Uplay. You get achievements on that for free, and can then spend them on additional outfits, multiplayer characters etc.

I've never seen anything on the store.

Not on the store, they've not populated that yet, but you make in-game purchases with them. For example you can buy the Hellequin for AC:B multiplayer for 40 Uplay points. It's pretty good because the points are earned in game, across multiple games like Splinter Cell etc, and you can even earn some from Facebook games.

U-Play isn't too bad. You are always left with points behind on each game, which can be used on other Ubisoft games for in-game and avatar content. Pity, i've only ever played the Assassin Creed titles.

Dubstep is just dance music that someone accidentally left in their pocket during a hot wash.

Dubstep is just dance music that someone accidentally left in their pocket during a hot wash.

Dubstep sounds better in the wash anyway.

Oh great, caught a glimpse of that useless bellend Desmond. Is he going to have any point in this game for a change?

Oh great, caught a glimpse of that useless bellend Desmond. Is he going to have any point in this game for a change?

Who knows. If Brotherhood is anything to go by, i wouldn't mind a little more time running around as Desmond. Just as long, as you mentioned, it has a point.

On the other hand, FF is shit either way :heh:

All the good FF games come in multiples of 6. Tru fax bro.

Also; wondering if this game is going to include any surreptitious hints at the course AC3 is going to take.

Also; wondering if this game is going to include any surreptitious hints at the course AC3 is going to take.

Thats if AC3 ever exists. Number of times Ubi have used Ezio as the main character is enough, but who knows what is going through their minds.

I think they've already said this will be the last chapter of the Assassin's Creed 2 series of games, before they move onto 3 with a new protagonist next year.

I don't mind, to be honest. They keep bringing out games which feel complete and worthy of a purchase in their own rights. Upgrading and updating by just enough to make it fresh. Revelations will probably feel like the last one they can bring out under this precise formula without it feeling stale, making it the perfect time to take a leap forward into a new character and potentially a new approach.

I think they've already said this will be the last chapter of the Assassin's Creed 2 series of games, before they move onto 3 with a new protagonist next year.

I don't mind, to be honest. They keep bringing out games which feel complete and worthy of a purchase in their own rights. Upgrading and updating by just enough to make it fresh. Revelations will probably feel like the last one they can bring out under this precise formula without it feeling stale, making it the perfect time to take a leap forward into a new character and potentially a new approach.

Hope Ubi stick to their guns and give us a new protagonist with 3 (or 5 if you count Brotherhood and Revelations).

Not that i wouldn't mind playing another AC game with Ezio, it would be stale.

Totes agree with shorty - each game has refined down and seemingly listened to criticism. While I don't personally gel with the online mode (it's not something you can just drop into), it's great that they'd clearly invested time into it.

Considering that the AC universe is clearly leading, at the least, to Desmond in the modern day, and with a fixed amount of those eden things that there's a finite timeline. The sense that the game is heading somewhere allows me to be more forgiving of the sandbox style (not a fan!), as the mythos seems very solid and extremely promising. The almost absurd premise that the game has adopted (aliens/future stuff) means that there is scope beyond perceivable timelines is still something risky... I'm sure it's smarter to stretch the game legend out this way than to get to the 'end' of the saga then, thanks the the business nature of games, be flooded with a plethora of tenuously linked games set in A City With Cool Buildings just for the sake of having another AC game.

Y'get me, bruv?

Played a quick game online having had virtually no experience on Assassins Creed. Managed to win the first match I entered somehow, it was pretty enjoyable but very tense and I still have very little understanding of the mechanics. It's a good mix of being patient but also choosing speed and stealth at the flip of a switch. It's almost a test to act like a bot half the time.

Should probably try out the second training because aside from movement and the square/circle buttons I know jack shit.

The Revelations Beta is available to all via the PSN Store, so I doubt it.

That said they might pull it from the Store once they've reached a certain number of participants. The Beta itself ends on the 17th.

I've only put about an hour into it so far — there's loads of games on my plate already! — but it's definitely more refined than Brotherhood, especially in regards to the stun system.