NEurope
Nintendohnut

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Tell me you played Brotherhood. Even if you dislike Ezio, it was a great game, and his character changed substantially from ACII to AC:B.

Also I doubt AC III will close the gap so suddenly. Desmond will have had several ancestors in his lineage between Ezio and himself - the story can't just have gone on hold for this length of time.

Agreed..what I kinda expect is that ACIII will be a new setting closer to Desmonds day and then we will likely see a trilogy of games in this setting that advance closer to his day...much like we've had the trilogy within the trilogy thats AC2,ACBro and now ACRev.

EDIT:

More stuff from here;

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/05/acrcoverrevealjune.aspx

You've heard the rumors; now get the facts. Ezio's final chapter will bring the answers that fans have been waiting four years to uncover.

The June issue of Game Informer is on its way, and Assassin's Creed Revelations will grace the cover. Our exclusive, first look, 12-page cover story reveals extensive details on the franchise's next major installment, due out this November.

gami_218_cov_a.jpg

You'll learn how each of the franchise's major characters -- Altaïr, Ezio, and Desmond -- play a part in the story, and how you'll control each of the three as playable characters. Uncover a brand new part of the world as Ezio travels abroad for the first time to explore the wonders of Constantinople at the height of the Ottoman Empire. Learn about all the new features that set Revelations apart, from a brand new weapon and tool that changes the way you'll fight and traverse the world, to extensive details on the newly customizable multiplayer game. And what exactly is going on with Desmond after the end of Brotherhood? Of course, we also have a wealth of new screens and art to accompany all the information. We unveil all this and more in our magazine cover story, and we'll have more in-depth information, interviews, and videos about the game's central features here on gameinformer.com throughout the month.

For new updates on Assassin's Creed Revelations all this month, click on the banner below. To start things off right, we've already updated the hub with the first high resolution screenshot from the game, along with three convenient sizes to download and use as desktop wallpapers. Enjoy!

Hub with wallpapers and screenshots;

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/revelations.aspx

Edited by flameboy

They showed this off just now at the Ubisoft conference. God it looks awesome. Like a whole new level of epicness for the series!

They showed this off just now at the Ubisoft conference. God it looks awesome. Like a whole new level of epicness for the series!

Yeah, I have to say: Gonna buy it :D The trailer changed my mind.

Ubisoft have done a pretty amazing job of creating a yearly franchise that I'm really interested in each time. Not that it's a practise I particularly want to encourage — it's not exactly sustainable — but I can't pretend they aren't nailing it.

As an aside, they were demoing the PS3 version. I mention it as historically the series has had a slight performance advantage on 360, so either a) the release on Sony's hardware will be more optimised this time around, or b) the game will run even better than that presentation on an Xbox.

I love these games, and I especially love the music in the trailer. That's some fantastic music.

Be nice to finally see the end of the Ezio trilogy, and the start of a new Assassin character.

As an aside, they were demoing the PS3 version. I mention it as historically the series has had a slight performance advantage on 360, so either a) the release on Sony's hardware will be more optimised this time around, or b) the game will run even better than that presentation on an Xbox.

Historically it has been advertised for ps3 more than 360 as well, that could be the reason.

Historically it has been advertised for ps3 more than 360 as well, that could be the reason.

Well, this wasn't advertised. The only reason I know it's the PS3 build is because I caught a glimpse of the Press Start screen during a show floor demo; the interface during the presentation was hidden.

Both ACII and ACB had exclusive PS3 content and were shown at Sony's press conference, but this one seems to be forgoing both traditions. Although I don't deny that they might just be showing the PS3 version for the hell of it, logically it would make sense for Ubisoft to put their best foot forward.

Ubisoft have done a pretty amazing job of creating a yearly franchise that I'm really interested in each time. Not that it's a practise I particularly want to encourage — it's not exactly sustainable — but I can't pretend they aren't nailing it.

Yes they have but this will only last so long in my view. I think people will only put up with the plot intrigue for so long. Also this has to be the last game with ezio as plenty of people have had enough of him by now I think.

People suggest France as a good location, during the revolution or something.

Killing the French? Bring it on!

Who still uses Firefox?

Woo!

The real question is, who still uses Windows XP o_o

Woo again! Can't affored Windows 7 yet and no way I'm getting shitty Vista.

Seems we'll be playing as Ezio, Desmond AND Altair

... Great... Desmond... His portions made the game.

Technically we don't know that Altair is dead in Ezio's time. Or Desmond's, for that matter.

Unless there was some Captain America freezing in ice going on, it's a fairly safe bet that Altair is dead in Desmond's time.

Tell me you played Brotherhood. Even if you dislike Ezio, it was a great game, and his character changed substantially from ACII to AC:B.

Yes. Plus he recruited many assassin's (Well, I did) there is potential for one for one of them to pick up the mantle.

Unless there was some Captain America freezing in ice going on, it's a fairly safe bet that Altair is dead in Desmond's time.

He finds the Apple of Eden, then disappears for a very long time, there's no info about his death (presumably the last DNA memory that Desmond can have from him is when he has a child, since nothing can be passed after that point), but who knows what the Apple can do? Altair could be alive in the present, even.

Did the codex pages not detail his life and what he did though? Didn't think he dissapeared.

Saying that though, the last couple of codex pages from AC II were interesting. Although it stated he was getting older and he would soon die, he did talk about stopping or delaying death as he believed 'Those Who Came Before' did and weren't as feeble as humans which then ended with him looking into the Apple. So there certainly is a possibility he could be alive in Desmonds time.

He finds the Apple of Eden, then disappears for a very long time, there's no info about his death (presumably the last DNA memory that Desmond can have from him is when he has a child, since nothing can be passed after that point), but who knows what the Apple can do? Altair could be alive in the present, even.

Makes more sense. There hasn't really been much ice around Rome.

I can barely remember the Apple of Eden, it was such a complicated thing to use.

I can barely remember the Apple of Eden, it was such a complicated thing to use.

It wasn't that complicated: you held down the button down to miraculously make the game less fun and yourself far more vulnerable than when fighting normally.

It wasn't that complicated: you held down the button down to miraculously make the game less fun and yourself far more vulnerable than when fighting normally.

Indeed, that was the most tedious part of the game. Hope ubi don't use it in the new game

Meh, sounds like the difference is something only purebred nerds would sweat over. AC has always looked and run great on PS3 I feel. It only really gets bad when you consider games like FFXIII, which didn't even display in HD in the 360 version.

Can't wait for this game n

Meh, sounds like the difference is something only purebred nerds would sweat over. AC has always looked and run great on PS3 I feel. It only really gets bad when you consider games like FFXIII, which didn't even display in HD in the 360 version.

Can't wait for this game n

FFXIII wasn't in HD on the 360?

I'm guessing the sudden end to your post was due to whatever you were smoking when you came up with that idea.

FFXIII isn't HD on 360, it runs at 1024x576. HD is a standard, however much the term is abused.

I say, apparently cementing my position as pure-bred nerd.

FFXIII wasn't in HD on the 360?

I'm guessing the sudden end to your post was due to whatever you were smoking when you came up with that idea.

Ha, as covered in the post above, please have the facts before throwing a cheap remark!

OK, fair enough, but the fact that I couldn't even tell it wasn't HD means it's not all that bad... and that's on a pretty big telly. There are plenty of games that run in that resolution according to this list, and I really don't see any difference between them :/

Like you say, something only purebred nerds care about.

OK, fair enough, but the fact that I couldn't even tell it wasn't HD means it's not all that bad... and that's on a pretty big telly. There are plenty of games that run in that resolution according to this list, and I really don't see any difference between them :/

Low resolutions aren't as noticeable on the 360 as it upscales it to whatever resolution you have it set to.

Like you say, something only purebred nerds care about.

The difference is clear, hence why I mentioned it, as unlike most cross platform differences this was a big one. FFXIII, like most FF games, is heavily comprised of cutscenes; some places estimating over 10 hours of cutscenes to the game. On the PS3 these run at 1080p, while on 360 they remain at 576p (like the rest of the game).

Now it's true, if you weren't paying particular attention you may not notice much difference between FFXIII and some generic 360 game as XIII does somewhat have fairly pretty visuals to compensate. But the difference between XIII versions is very obvious, as you could surely imagine given it's 576p vs 1080p for a significant portion of the game.

Put simply, if your tv is half decent then there's not just minor differences between both versions.