NEurope
Nintendohnut

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Yeah definitely looks like the Hagia Sophia, guess it's Istanbul then.

Istanbul looks like a stunning city, but that's gotta be dissapointing no?... like it's just gonna have that same feel as the first 2 games.

Well, it might be a little bit greener?

But yeah, pretty much. They probably had a pretty solid idea of where they wanted to take the story, rather than which varied locations. At some point I guess things need to migrate to the US.

The current image keeps flashing up a double headed eagle. As I'm a massive, massive nerd, especially about history, I can tell you off the top of my head it's the emblem of the Patriarchate of Constantinople (before it fell to the Turks, obviously) Looks like Constantinople/Istanbul it is.

I'm very confused - the second game was set around 1499, but the fall of Constantinople was in 1453. Are they going back in time, or is it going to be set in a more recent Constantinople, and the Patriarchate (which still exists) is hiding...something.

Edited by The fish

I'm very confused - the second game was set around 1499, but the fall of Constantinople was in 1453, and so the Patriarchate ceased to be after that. Why go back in time?

Because it's another side-story and not Assassin's Creed 3?

Also, virtual cookie of a teaser having Ezio/Altair standing back to back like the double headed eagle. Altair with his hidden blade and Ezio with the Piece of Eden.

Also, the Greek Orthodox Church has a double headed eagle. Crete/Cyprus has been creeping up a lot.

Ezio again? :blank:

Not that I found Altair any more interesting, but I'd prefer they stopped milking Ezio and move forward with the story.

I have never been there, but is much difference between Firenze/Rome and Istanbul? I'm afraid the architecture will be too similar. It looks lot of the same. I want something new.

Seems we'll be playing as Ezio, Desmond AND Altair

Hmmmm yeah.... Wonder if this somehow opens possibility of coop even though they shouldn't be together cos of year difference but the animus can do anything right?!

Hmmmm yeah.... Wonder if this somehow opens possibility of coop even though they shouldn't be together cos of year difference but the animus can do anything right?!

Technically we don't know that Altair is dead in Ezio's time. Or Desmond's, for that matter.

Regardless I don't want co-op in AC, unless it's a separated off with the multiplayer as a standalone thing.

Anyway, Ezio appears to be sporting a new piece of wristwear in that shot. I guess it's a harpoon grapple for yanking guys off buildings and probably scaling them yourself.

Technically we don't know that Altair is dead in Ezio's time. Or Desmond's, for that matter.

Regardless I don't want co-op in AC, unless it's a separated off with the multiplayer as a standalone thing.

Anyway, Ezio appears to be sporting a new piece of wristwear in that shot. I guess it's a harpoon grapple for yanking guys off buildings and probably scaling them yourself.

Apparently there's a grappling hook to allow you to climb higher buildings with no handholds

Yeah, change that shit up mods. Assassin's Creed Reloaded, or whatever it's called.

Yeah, change that shit up mods. Assassin's Creed Reloaded, or whatever it's called.

nah this is the of the series revolution....

So not AC III?

Then it gets a "no" from me. I'll just read a summary of the plot.

Awesome. Much prefer Constantinople to Italy.

So not AC III?

Then it gets a "no" from me. I'll just read a summary of the plot.

What exactly warrants you to missing out this as opposed to AC III, out of curiousity?

I think it's fairly safe to assume he is.

Altiar will be in Constantinople. Ezio will be in Istanbul. That's my bet anyhow. One city, two different centuries and all of the changes that go along with that. Should be really cool to see!

What exactly warrants you to missing out this as opposed to AC III, out of curiousity?

I don't like Ezio and this new setting doesn't seem to be too different from the last two entries in the series.

I expect AC III to be in Desmond's time.

I think it's fairly safe to assume he is.

You never know. Although it's a bit of a moot point as logically you wouldn't be able to play as him due to the genetic memory cut off, as it were.

I agree that playing as both characters in the same city at different points in time makes a lot of sense. Hopefully it should help keep things fresh if nothing else, especially if there's appreciable differences between the way each plays; having multiple characters really helped to mix Yakuza 4 up.

Stuff from game informer;

The first details of what you can expect from Assassin's Creed: Revelations has hit the web.

The latest issue of Game Informer has the scoop, with a kindly subscriber on NeoGAF posting a summary of the info dump.

As revealed earlier this week, Revelations will see Ezio return as the central character though he's now over 50 years old.

Ezio is looking for seals that hold the memories of his ancestor Altaïr - the hero of the first Assassin's Creed game. The seals will let Ezio peer into Altaïr's consciousness, just as Desmond uses the Animus to peek into his. Altaïr will be playable during these sequences.

Host city Constantinole will be split into four main districts - Constantine, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata - while players will also be visiting the Cappadocia region in central Turkey.

New gameplay additions include an item called the hookblade which you can use to zipline across the city or grab enemies to yank them in for a combo attack. Ziplining reportedly speeds up navigation by around 30 per cent.

As well as the hookblade, Ezio will also have 300 different bomb variations at his disposal, which will be craftable.

The Eagle Vision has been tweaked and is now called Eagle Sense.

"Eagle sense let's you focus on a character and see where he's been," explained Ubisoft's Alex Amancio. "You'll get an approximation of where he will go. If you're able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush."

Brotherhood's Borgia Towers concept has been expanded too, with Constantinople's Assassin's Dens the result. You'll need to complete various assault scenarios to dispatch resident Templars. Once you've taken a den you'll be able to upgrade nearby buildings and add ziplines to adjacent rooftops.

You can lose control of your dens as you gain notoriety but you'll be able to dispatch troops to defend them if you're unable to make it back to the den being attacked, or permanently install a master assassin to ensure it's never taken over.

Traditional side missions have been scrapped in favour of "random events" to make the game more immersive. For example, you might spot a shop owner being robbed while wandering round the city or a child asking for help.

Desmond is back as well. This time he has found a safe mode in the Animus called the 'Black Room' through which he can access lost memories.

Elsewhere, the assassin leveling mechanic has been bumped up from 10 to 15, and multiplayer returns, though this time apparently with a greater focus on narrative.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is currently scheduled for a November release on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-06-first-assassins-creed-revelations-info

sounds like they are making a ton of new features that help push forward the way you play the game.

I don't like Ezio and this new setting doesn't seem to be too different from the last two entries in the series.

I expect AC III to be in Desmond's time.

Tell me you played Brotherhood. Even if you dislike Ezio, it was a great game, and his character changed substantially from ACII to AC:B.

Also I doubt AC III will close the gap so suddenly. Desmond will have had several ancestors in his lineage between Ezio and himself - the story can't just have gone on hold for this length of time.