Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Funny Stuff Thread

Goafer

So because of Facebooks promoting features seemingly be quite popular in Japan, I'm getting a lot of Sony Japan images on my news feed. Today, I find a picture with the caption (originally in Japanese) asking "In the near feature, do you think this scene will become ordinary?".

581718_611806542166204_268854005_n.jpg

No Sony, no. The HMZ-T2 looks hardly portable as it is, never mind people using one on a Japanese underground system to deprive them of most of their senses while rushing around every where. Got a good laugh out of how ridiculous this looks.

That being said, I wouldn't mind one. It's even more tempting consider they sell it here for less than £500, while in the UK they sell it for £1000

Edited by Debug Mode

If you do manage to have a go with one, let me know what it's like, I imagine it would be quite cool.

I had a go with a VR goggle thingy at the Gadget show last year, and it was awful. It wasn't the Sony one, some small company, i can't remember their name, but it had two tiny screens which seemed too far away from your eyes so it looked like you were looking through binoculars (the wrong way around). It was also a bit blurry. The head tracking (it had some crude head tracking controlling a shooting game) wasn't that bad though.

I'm hoping there are better showings this year...

I agree with @Cube though. You would have to be pretty trusting of the people around you, or be confident you were alone before you put on a VR headset thing....on the other hand, it would make horror games absolutely terrifying.

I don't think it quite beats his fanny schmellar; I love seeing people trying hard not to laugh and failing.

Not quite, but still worth a laugh.

An interesting fact, the chaser himself (Mark Labbett) used to teach and was my maths tutor when i was in the Comprehensive 10 years ago. His first TV quiz appearance (to the best of my knowledge) was Countdown, he lost to an old lady.

Not quite, but still worth a laugh.

An interesting fact, the chaser himself (Mark Labbett) used to teach and was my maths tutor when i was in the Comprehensive 10 years ago. His first TV quiz appearance (to the best of my knowledge) was Countdown, he lost to an old lady.

I think he used to be a bit of a serial quizzer, I saw him late night once on some old crap on challenge. No idea what the show was, something to do with monies and possible gamble/betting/stealing from opponents?

I think he used to be a bit of a serial quizzer, I saw him late night once on some old crap on challenge. No idea what the show was, something to do with monies and possible gamble/betting/stealing from opponents?

Yeah, he left teaching in 2002 to pursue a career in quizzing. I've seen him on various shows since.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!