NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Well I agreed to go along next week. It better be good! Especially for that money. And that goodie bag better be filled with awesome things too! =(

I don't think JT is a great actor personally.

I think Friends With Benefits looks okay. @Claire wants to see it though, so its fine/I have no choice.

american-reunion-poster.jpg

Can not wait!

Best be interesting, i've seen them all. And they all suck past "Band Camp". I will see this, as i do like the series.

Bad Taste as recommended by Jayseven, was another of Peter Jackson's earliest works. Really can't figure out how he just got the LotR job. It was so bad it was good just like Braindead.

Hobo with a Shotgun, freaking sweeeeet. Very gory and not much else. I suggest people should see it though quite a good laugh.

Best be interesting, i've seen them all. And they all suck past "Band Camp". I will see this, as i do like the series.

Haha, "past Band Camp." Suuure. ;)

I watched Final Destination 5 last night and wow, it makes the fourth one look like an absolute masterpiece. The entire movie was just dreadful. I realise that the movies aren't really sequels but more like remakes of the first but my God, this was terrible! Everything about it was just boring and dull. I thought it might be mindless entertainment but I just found it to be mindless. The best thing about the entire movie was the vision and I wished I just waited to watch it on YouTube since that part isn't worth £8 of my money. Can they stop? It's just the same thing over and over again and if you do plan to watch this movie, do not watch the trailer because the trailer is what happens in the movie. If you've already seen the trailer, you've seen the movie.

[/rant]

Saw One Day.

Was what you expect. I like Anne Hathaway as an actress and she was good. So was Jim Sturgess, who I'd never heard of. Quite sad, like I was 2 tiers below tears by the end.

I love Edinburgh as a setting. And my favourite thing was probably just seeing them go through the years, seeing the fashions and styles change.

Haha, "past Band Camp." Suuure. ;)

Are you one who dislikes every movie after "The Wedding" or "2"

Are you one who dislikes every movie after "The Wedding" or "2"

They're all bad. I don't discriminate. ;)

They're all bad. I don't discriminate. ;)

The first 2 are decent enough, it's from 3 onwards that the standards slip further.

I honestly have forgotten anything from the trilogy that doesn't feature Alyson Hannigan in the scene. True story.

Some movies I've seen, spoiler ahead!

Pirates Of The Caribbean 4: On stranger tides:

LOL! Bring on Pirates 5. What a silly film. Mermaids kick ass and Don't mess with Blackbeards fire boat OR spanish rocks.

One Day: Interesting concept, felt a little rushed to start with then the ending dragged on for too long nailing the point home unnecessarily. I practically cheered when she died, although I wish it had been in a less predictable fashion. Enjoyable, good acting from both leads making the story funnn to watch unr

avel. Loved the evil dead/3 colours "joke." How funneh.

The Inbetweeners Movie:

This was my trade off for one day (which was gonna be friends with benefits but didn't realise it was not out yet. ) Yeah slightly less crap than I thought? The dancing scene is genuinely funny, the rest of the film doesn't live up to that moment.

So yeah, saw Friends with Benefits. Really didn't like it.

It's supposed to be a romantic comedy, but I think they forgot about that last part or something. Didn't really laugh with any of the "jokes", if there were any to begin with. Not many people laughed either really.

Just felt boring and very very cliché. Plus I didn't like either Timberlake or Kunis in this.

Also the goodie bag I got wasn't really worth it either... A bag of crisps (Pesto & Mozarella flavour, what?!), a healthy snack bar thing, a tiny Hugo Boss perfume tester, a deodorant spray (which comes with a magazine... which is from May) and some mints. Hooray. =P

Flatlands

Based on a book written in 1884 supposedly commenting on the victorian classes. Basically in 2D land, every shape is simply 2D and 3D is unheard of until the great 3D Sphere prophet comes. Such a weird film. Good in place, less good in others. Funny though.

The Other Guys:

The-Other-Guys.jpg

Silly film that is kinda funnn. :)

Bridesmaids:

bridesmaids-movie-poster-01.jpg

Actually surprisingly good. enjoyed greatly. Kristen Wiig is the new woman. :D

Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across The Second Dimension:

Phineas_and_Ferb_Across_the_2nd_Dimension_official_poster.jpg

Unrivaled genius. :grin:

Dinner For Schmucks:

dinner_for_schmucks_teaser_poster.jpg

Utter crap but it made me laugh. :p

Edited by Coolness Bears
Automerged Doublepost

Did I miss the Phineas and Ferb movie? Ugh! I've been waiting for that to air here and it slipped my mind. Damn work! :(

...and you call yourselves...

FANS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!1111111111137

yes it is out.

yes you should watch it.

It changed my life. (cos I'm special *cute face*)

It won't change yours.

BUT you will love it all the same otherwise I will eat a grape. :santa: