NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Batman: Year One (bluray) - 9/10

An excellent adaptation of the excellent Frank Miller series. A little shorter than I'd of liked and Bruce Waynes/Batman's VA wasnt as good as I had hoped but I got used to it. DC animated features are still on a roll.

Whats Your Number

Chris Evans is practically my favourite actor at this point. Anna Farris is awesome. I pretty much thoroughly enjoyed most of the movie, apart from a bit of tempo drop towards the end and the obvious cliches. But still pretty great/

Relevant. I want this done for all movie posters ever...better than reviews!

http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/feature/if-the-rest-of-this-years-movie-posters-told-the-truth.php

I'm hurt! :weep:Just kidding!

But yeah, I must agree, they really made me laugh.

===

Shark Night

Was expecting it to be some mindless, dumb fun but in the end, just found it to be extremely dumb and a lot more stupid than I anticipated. Worst movie ever!

Having said that, I actually want to see this movie...

....it just reminds me of a free-running version of Battle Royale.

I'm hurt! :weep:Just kidding!

But yeah, I must agree, they really made me laugh.

Reviews are opinion, these are fact :p : peace:

Just watched Green Lantern. It's awesome, I enjoyed it much more than all the fairly recent Marvel films.

I just watched first half hour of The Phantom Menace. Haven't seen it since 1999, when it came out and I don't remember my opinion as an 8-year old.

This is absolute SHIT. One of the worst things I've ever seen. My LORD. There is not one redeeming feature so far, and I roughly know the rest. I'm gonna read a synopsis and skip to Attack of the Clones.

But my god, this is SRSLY awful, a crime against cinema. I finally turned it off at the scene where the children tease/talk to Anakin about his pod. The EDITING/SOUND EFFECTS. THE ACTING. THE DIALOGUE.

I want to burn.

Just watched Green Lantern. It's awesome, I enjoyed it much more than all the fairly recent Marvel films.

The 'Extended' version, which I think is the standard home release one, is way way better than the cinema version.

Watched RED yesterday, which was surprisingly fun. The world needs more Helen Mirren shooting people. Although ultimately it just made me miss Chuck.

Watched The Lion King and Johnny English Reborn today. The Lion King was just awesome and Johnny English Reborn was good. Overall, a good day as far as movies are concerned.

Johnny English Reborn is good? I'm expecting the worst, but since I love the original so fucking much, I doubt I'm going to dislike this! :D

Well this is Dazz. He's never seen a bad movie :heh:

I saw Shark Night, didn't I? :p

But yeah, I didn't expect Johnny English Reborn to be as funny as it was and I didn't expect it to outdo the first one but for me, it did.

Guess what Arnie has been filming, Expendables 2 baby. Hes still got it, I mean look at him. Fucking legend.

zx620_1173299.jpg

zx620_1173296.jpg

edit -

New pic

expendables-2-schwarzenegger-stallone-willis-set-photo-01-600x447.jpg

My heart can only take so much awesome.

Edited by bryanee

I just watched first half hour of The Phantom Menace. Haven't seen it since 1999, when it came out and I don't remember my opinion as an 8-year old.

This is absolute SHIT. One of the worst things I've ever seen. My LORD. There is not one redeeming feature so far, and I roughly know the rest. I'm gonna read a synopsis and skip to Attack of the Clones.

But my god, this is SRSLY awful, a crime against cinema. I finally turned it off at the scene where the children tease/talk to Anakin about his pod. The EDITING/SOUND EFFECTS. THE ACTING. THE DIALOGUE.

I want to burn.

I used to love the Phantom Menace back when I was 9. As a result I never want to see it again as I'm near certain my nostalgia will be defecated on.

Attack Of The Clones however, that one I always hated. The only Star Wars film I can say that about. Empire Strike Back was my favourite as a kid and I do want to see that again.

My rankings as a child:

Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > Return Of The Jedi > Revenge Of The Sith > The Phatom Menace >>>>>>>> Attack Of The Clones.

I wonder if they'll have changed.

Edited by ipaul

Phantom Menace when seen with clear eyes is a cinematic atrocity. Attack of the Clones is just bad. Not as criminal though.

Just watched Green Lantern for the first time since I watched it at the cinema, the extended cut this time. I really dont understand the hate this film gets.

I used to love the Phantom Menace back when I was 9. As a result I never want to see it again as I'm near certain my nostalgia will be defecated on.

Attack Of The Clones however, that one I always hated. The only Star Wars film I can say that about. Empire Strike Back was my favourite as a kid and I do want to see that again.

Yeah I actually don't mind Phantom Menace too much, Darth Maul is just too incredible and the settings are kinda nice.

I'd agree that Attack of the Clones is the worst, I'm really not a fan of that film.

I think it's a hard choice between TPM and AotC. TPM has some entertaining scenes (podracing - especially with good headphones or a decent sound system) and wasn't as bad as what I remember it to be. AotC is awful for a huge chunk and all the Anakin/Padme scenes are downright boring, but the scenes on Kamino and everything on or around Geonosis is all brilliant.

I never got the intense hate for those films. Sure, they have their flaws, but I don't think they're terrible by any stretch. I think it's just the nostalgia kicking in; they're very different in style and tone from the originals, and those are the films they'll inevitably be measured up against.

I have no nostalgia for Star Wars (either trilogy) - The Phantom Menace is just a cinematic abortion.

At least Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith (which I'm watching now, and remember preferring anyway) have interesting/entertaning things happening action-wise to counter the "written-in-a-day script" and what must surely be an ensemble cast of the world's worst acting.

Captain America - 8/10

Twas a good one, I really enjoyed it. Not quite as good as Thor but on par with First Class. The first hour kind of plodded along and some of the special effect are pretty bad at times.

Just watched:

2nbgbqd.jpg

It's awesome, and quite different to the standard "college kids to camping in the woods, where there's a spooky cabin by a lake" cliché, it also puts to have many other clichés, yet in a different way.

If you can, watch it.

Edited by Cube
Reuploaded Image

T&DvE is a brilliant movie. It's quite a refreshing change from the usual horror movie.