N-Europe

Sonic Generations

Ike

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one side you've classic Sonic, who plays through much as you'd remember him from his 16 bit days, with a combination of the d-pad and a single jump button. On the other there's the dynamic 3D acrobatics of modern Sonic, complete with homing jump, dash attack, and an added sense of speed.

yep... That's me out :D

The new trailer looks amazing.

Looks like a mash up of Sonic 4 levels (hopefully with homing jump as there was nothing wrong with it and it 'added' to the game) and Unleashed's day time stages - which were for me, absolutely brilliant.

I cannot wait for this game - sign me up for a pre-order right now.

Sonic Colours was good, but I did miss HD graphics - know that sounds stupid but that game was screaming out for smooth lines especially with how fast you went during some sequences.

Hope they do some sort of special edition of it what with it being the anniversary. Something like a nice tin or keyring freebie or at least something we can use to show off our fan boy-ness.

That'd be cool!

The new trailer looks amazing.

Looks like a mash up of Sonic 4 levels (hopefully with homing jump as there was nothing wrong with it and it 'added' to the game) and Unleashed's day time stages - which were for me, absolutely brilliant.

I cannot wait for this game - sign me up for a pre-order right now.

Sonic Colours was good, but I did miss HD graphics - know that sounds stupid but that game was screaming out for smooth lines especially with how fast you went during some sequences.

Hope they do some sort of special edition of it what with it being the anniversary. Something like a nice tin or keyring freebie or at least something we can use to show off our fan boy-ness.

That'd be cool!

Count me in for an order 2!!

I agree with everything you said but i would assume the homing attack will be missing in the 'classic' sonic stages since it wouldn't make it classic but be all there and good for 'modern' sonic.

Count me in for an order 2!!

I agree with everything you said but i would assume the homing attack will be missing in the 'classic' sonic stages since it wouldn't make it classic but be all there and good for 'modern' sonic.

Yup i'm sensing that also. Though I want the homing attack dammit!! :wink:

Posted the wrong trailer there MCJ so I've swapped it now but it anything in there would have been covered by the second video anyway.

The physics do seem a lot more in keeping with what we are used too from the old games. I'd argue he's still moving a bit fast in 2D as you can't see that far ahead. That's where Sonic 4 was slightly better as his speed was much slower and it allowed you to see stuff coming up.

I'd hate to try and play that on a none widescreen TV - I've tried playing Sonic 4 on one and gave up... though he does sit slightly to the right of the screen which doesn't help.