N-Europe

Press enter to post your comment.

Charlie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only find it irritating that facebook doesn't inform you of the changes, I don't particularly mind any of the stuff facebook has or doesn't have, but half the time these changes occur without me knowing about it until the next time I log in.

Which is probably why I got so confused, like others, when I pressed enter and something was posted, but it feels just like msn to me.

I think it works for something like facebook where your largely using short form. It would be annoying if say forums or blogs started to use this.

Incidentally I know this has apparently rolled out to everyone but it hasn't to be I still have the button!

I wonder how some people get "updated" before others...for instance I got the "new profile" automatically if I recall, but others had to "update" manually. And now I automatically got the "new messages" (seems pointless/could potentially add since now it doesn't matter if they go offline as they'll see what you wrote when they come back) but I see on profiles a little things saying "X isn't using the New Messages yet".

This update was automatic for me.

Ok so contrary to what I said earlier... facebook is now 'offering' you a facebook email address. I can't read my message until I get a new email and set up mobile bullshit.

BULLSHIT.

Like, I'd be all "ok..." if I could have the email I wanted. Liek, the first ten things I'd have are taken. bacefook wasn't taken THEN IT WAS after I clicked it. Lies. Gay. I want to read my message.

Ok so contrary to what I said earlier... facebook is now 'offering' you a facebook email address. I can't read my message until I get a new email and set up mobile bullshit.

BULLSHIT.

Like, I'd be all "ok..." if I could have the email I wanted. Liek, the first ten things I'd have are taken. bacefook wasn't taken THEN IT WAS after I clicked it. Lies. Gay. I want to read my message.

I'm not even sure what the email address is for. I've tried emailing mine and nothing happens.

I wonder how some people get "updated" before others...for instance I got the "new profile" automatically if I recall, but others had to "update" manually. And now I automatically got the "new messages" (seems pointless/could potentially add since now it doesn't matter if they go offline as they'll see what you wrote when they come back) but I see on profiles a little things saying "X isn't using the New Messages yet".

This update was automatic for me.

They roll out changes gradually to users to ease the process.

In terms of the new profile, they gave people the option to upgrade to it early as a sort of beta testing for it. After a certain time period everyone got it automatically.

Depends on how many people want to use facebook email. Most people, like myself are probably comfortable using the service they have already. As i always do, i'll check out the service. And if i don't like it, i'll stop using it.