Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario 3D Land

Good man! I take it you got the shiny ones then?

I thought the level was easy once you use the statue technique. I kept struggling with the Toad jump but once I figured you can use the statue as soon as you above him, I destroyed the level.

You enjoy the message you get at the end?

:D

Yep, I got the shiny stars :)

I actually found the first part of the level was harder with the Tanooki suit since I would float when I didn't really want to and it put me off with my aiming.

The message was a nice touch as well ;)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% complete, with 20 hours 38 minutes on the clock. A truly great game, and that secret level was just incredible.

Anyone recived any Streetpass data for the game yet? If so, can you compare your times for each level with strangers or do you just get more of those cubes with the 10 second challenges in them?

Anyone recived any Streetpass data for the game yet? If so, can you compare your times for each level with strangers or do you just get more of those cubes with the 10 second challenges in them?

I've had a couple of StreetPasses from people with the game. It shows the best times out of people you've StreetPassed and gives you more of them cube challenges.

It also gives you gifts in those Toad houses from anyone you StreetPass, regardless of if they own the game or not.

Didn't Miyamoto tout 3D as helping players to judge distance in games? I've had a lot of untimely deaths that I'm certain wouldn't have happened in bog standard 2D. :( I saw the Super Guide box appear once (obviously didn't use it) in world two! And I know what thats cost me, argh.

I don't think it will reach the heights of the Galaxy games but this one did give me a feeling that neither of the Galaxy's did: when I did the first level of 3DL it recaptured that feeling I had when playing Mario 64 for the first time.

Still have to finish the final castle. If MK7 wouldn't take so much gametime I might even get to it. I'm pretty curious what the post-game stuff is like. haven't read anything about it, except that it's supposedly great. Well, off we go to find out ouselves.

Curse you, Nintendo, for your classic games and your cramped release schedule! Curse you!

Just got this for my birthday yesterday :D so I'm a bit late to the party, but what a great little game. Lovely to carry round a full 3D mario adventure in my pocket. Or in my case, play it in bed :heh:

I am a bit concerned at how easy/short it's going to be, I'm flying through levels and half way through the second world I already have forty lives. They give them away for nothing now! And lives are so totally pointless in a game which saves/has infinite continues anyway....

Also the overworld maps are so boring. Why are they less interesting/varied than they were in SMB3 over 20 years ago?

Edited by Shorty

BUT IT DOESNT LOOK AS NICE!!

Finished the game today, incredible game. The post-game stuff is looking amazing, plus coins and golden flags to get. So much to do!!

I am a bit concerned at how easy/short it's going to be, I'm flying through levels and half way through the second world I already have forty lives. They give them away for nothing now! And lives are so totally pointless in a game which saves/has infinite continues anyway....

Don't worry. The game slowly gets harder (but it's fun the whole way through) and th post game stuff is looking to be pretty difficult.

Also, I've. Even getting loads of miis sending me stuff, I thought this was only street pass. How am I getting them? They're not coming through the miis in the plaza from mario mart are they?

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing this game since Christmas Eve and finally got all five sparkling stars tonight. I would have gotten them yesterday, but the prospect of having to play through the entire game a second time for no good reason got me so mad that I played The Sims 3 all night instead. Ugh, pointless padding... Next time, they should just make a longer game instead. :indeed:

Other than that it was great, though. Definitely my favorite handheld Mario game.

I got this yesterday and I've just reached World 4. Really impressed with the level design so far - classic reaching the end of the level gameplay, with a focus on platforming rather than adventuring. Can't help but feel I'd prefer it with a proper analogue stick, though - I really hope the Wii U gets a redesign in this area.

Got this for Xmas from my sister (well that is I asked her to get it for me :heh:) and loving it.

Almost done, up to world 7 now. Thoug will still have to go back for some star coins and gold flags here and there.

For the first 3 worlds I was thinking the game was a bit easy as I had gotten to world 4 with only 1 death.... then after that things fell apart :heh:

Now at the start of world 7 I have 50 retires :cry:

Which 3D setting are you guys using. I keep using the pop out setting hoping to see stuff pop out but so far it's only happened a few times, maybe just steroscopic would have been better.

Only good pop outs I've had so far were on one level with a top down view it was awesome, everytime Mario jumped it looked like he was coming out of the screen and when you hit a block and a coin popped up.

Also when I first got the Boomerang item, tossing the boomerang at the camera it did seem to pop out nicely.

Though other than that not felt much "pop" with it

Just beat the first eight worlds and the first special world, and I've been grinning from ear to ear at some of the levels and bosses I've encountered. The final Bowser battle is my favourite since Mario 64, and I loved the level leading up to it too. Looking forward to working towards those five stars (though unfortunately, not shiny). I really hope this gets a more fleshed out sequel in the next few years - the only thing I'd want to see improved (aside from the 3DS getting a proper analogue stick...) is there being more levels.

I'm just at the end of world 4 (trying to take my time amidst other games I have)!

Got to say I think this is absolutely brilliant.

Everything about it - the level designs, the visuals, the change in style from the old 'get to the end' Mario games. It is just great.

It feels like a mega mash of New Super Mario Bros and Galaxy - and I love it.

The only small criticism I have of the game is the controls. Why they mapped the run button to X and Y and jump to A or B is beyond me. It makes a lot of things slightly more difficult. That aside I have nothing but praise for the game.

Easily the best game out on the 3DS.

I'm just at the end of world 4 (trying to take my time amidst other games I have)!

Got to say I think this is absolutely brilliant.

Everything about it - the level designs, the visuals, the change in style from the old 'get to the end' Mario games. It is just great.

It feels like a mega mash of New Super Mario Bros and Galaxy - and I love it.

The only small criticism I have of the game is the controls. Why they mapped the run button to X and Y and jump to A or B is beyond me. It makes a lot of things slightly more difficult. That aside I have nothing but praise for the game.

Easily the best game out on the 3DS.

I'd find it infinitely more difficult if run was B/Y and jump X/A

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!