Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dead Island

Dog-amoto

Think I remember hearing something about this a few years ago, with a small trailer but IGN have a preview on it today along with a proper announcement trailer. Looks like a more "realistic" approach to a zombie game - not too much in the way of guns and you just have to use what weapons you can lay your hands on, but not in the same style of Dead Rising

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1150440p1.html

Looks pretty decent, but as mentioned in the preview, will the first person melee approach wear thin after you've killed the 100th zombie with a baseball bat?

Time will tell, but the trailer looks awesome

Edited by Dog-amoto

This could be badass. Zombie games before hand have not focused on any great story, but the way that trailer was put together, and the look of that setting in the screenshot - this could be something special. A sleeper hit maybe?

Although it depends if it's pumped through the hype machine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As interesting as this looks, it is hugely different from what they talked about before

Guess I need to shelf my dream of a genuine zombie survival game for a longer time.

Not that I will skip this game, by law I need to get everything co-op related.

I watched Gametrailers walkthrough thingy and love the look of the game. I'm kinda hoping the plot and story for this will be amazing and its kinda of hard to get a feel for it completely as your only getting this vertical slice of the game. With any luck we will get more as the articles start to pour out as journo's get more time with it.

Although I do like the borderlands/dead rising/fallout3/left 4 dead mash up it seems to have.