NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Haven't played a GTA since San Andreas so this is definitely a day one for me :D

Amazing.

I actually wanted to wait 'til Christmas to get this...but no...they had to drop that trailer. :blank:

That actually added a lot more than I expected... so PS4 is still going to be the best bet for this right? With regard to the rumoured exclusive dlc, unless I imagined that. ::shrug:

Either way, do want! :)

That is impressive, but i'm still waiting for it to go cheaper. I can't warrent paying £50+ for a game which is virtually the same as last year with a few extras and prettier looks.

Both trailers are very impressive I gotta say. I had no intention of buying this until I saw the 1st person mode trailer and I'm blown away.

Might wait until next year to purchase as I've got a few games on the go now!

Well I had no intention of getting this but all the news lately has got me excited all over again

Online sounds insane!

Rockstar has confirmed that all content released for GTA Online will be available in the story mode of GTA 5 on PS4, PC and Xbox One from day one.

That means Franklin, Trevor and Michael will have access to multiple vehicles and weapons including the Musket from the Independence Day update, the Special Carbine auto-rifle from the Business update and the amazing Bifta dune buggy from the Beach Bum update.

In addition, all the vehicles released in the 11 updates since the game released will make up the ambient traffic found in the game during story mode.

As well as the new modes revealed earlier this week – a first-person view and cockpit views for all vehicles – Rockstar has also detailed a number of other features for the game. They are:

•Dynamically adaptive depth of field

•Increased particle effects quality and number of particle effects rendered on-screen at once

•Improved wind dynamics for clothing, flags, foliage, trees and more

•More realistic fluid dynamics

•Improved weather effects

•Improved damage effects

•Volumetric light pollution

•3x number of light sources from 360/PS3

And GTA Online is also getting some special attention, including:

•Increased player count to 30 players with an additional 2 spectators

•Completely overhauled character creator to allow players a greater range of customization

•Over 120 new props added to the Creator tools for players to use in creating their own content

•Doubled the amount of props allowed in created matches

New Trailer

Great. But I really want some single player DLC. I'm sure Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony were out by this time after GTA IV's release.

My copy is arriving tomorrow. I'm quite excited as I haven't played a GTA since San Andreas!

My copy is arriving tomorrow. I'm quite excited as I haven't played a GTA since San Andreas!

Totally unrelated to anything about GTA, but high-fucking-five for having Ólafur Arnalds in your last.fm box on the left. Awesome, awesome musician.

Will pick it up tomorrow. Cannot fucking wait to play the game again with updated graphics and new features! :yay:

Loved online on PS3 but didn't have enough players - 30 players is far better!

Roll on tomorrow.

Totally unrelated to anything about GTA, but high-fucking-five for having Ólafur Arnalds in your last.fm box on the left. Awesome, awesome musician.

Haha cheers. He's one of my favourite artists. Listen to him a lot when I'm writing.

My order got delayed :( But they assure me it'll be here before 10AM tomorrow!

GTA V already was an amazing game when it got released on last gen consoles.

But after playing the prologue and the first mission I can say: It got better. : peace:

Punching people in first person is as fun as gaming gets :laughing:

Shame though, that GTA Online doesn't work, yet. There's also a day one patch which I can't download :blank:

Bought it today as well. I must have 100+ hours online with PS3 but still think its fun. Haven't played online yet but looking forward to the 30 player mayhem.Now to juggle this and the AC games.

Done the first few missions. Already worth the full price tag even though I already played the game a year ago : peace:

Seriously, the first person view makes all the difference. It's also nice to play an FPS without health regeneration :laughing:

Driving in first person mode is great, as well. :bowdown:

Many hours will be put into this again. This time into the online mode, too. :)

Doesn't seem to recognise my Xbox 360 Online Profile when trying to transfer characters to the PS4. Apparently a known issue and Rockstar are working on it. Really don't want to start a new character, got to well over level 100 in GTA Online.....

After the update, I will see if I can get online to work. Got to lv 113 with my old character and like the above I don't want to start over either.

Character transfer is done(funny how they did it ingame) and I'm online, but there's no one in the session but myself.

Random jobs works though.

Will definitely double dip on this at some point, think I'll play Farcry and Dragon age first though.