Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Final Fantasy Official Thread

Stocka

I've seen a leaked rip. :blank:

Played it and it's definately old school fun. 365 games delivered it srtaight away (with added postage costs = meh) but it seems they are now out of stock. The graphics are lovely though, yet it's definately a back-to-your-roots RPG. First cave boss (mist dweller) and I was whoop-assed. Levelling up from the off then. Glorious.

Me too, that statement was a couple of days ago. Pretty much saw it dumped on Tuesday around 5am on GameFAQ's, stayed well clear as it'l be more magical opening the box and playing it [/cheese]

Got it today.

Been fun so far. Not as difficult as I was told it would be. The first two bosses weren't any problem at all.

Agree'd.

However, I did encounter difficulty when I first got Rydia and headed into the cave to meet Tellah, It may of been severe bad luck, but I got back attacked by 4 mini mages and they absolutely owned the shit out of me.

FF IV pulls off it's job superbly.

FF III is done well but suffers from just being an inferior game at it's base, however still worth it.

But then maybe one of the gameboy incarnations would be better to ease you in.

Someone new to FF might enjoy Final Fantasy VI the most.

• 2 weeks later...

FF IV has finally been given a release date for us europeans

Square Enix is preparing the DS remake of Final Fantasy IV for release on 5th September.

It comes with repainted 3D graphics and fully-voiced cut-scenes, plus a rearranged score and additional content that lets you explore the previously unseen lives of the main characters.

Platform-specific features include dual-screen layout and touch-screen controls, obviously, and Square has cobbled together a monster summon battle game for wireless multiplayer.

Final Fantasy IV tells the story of disgraced dark knight Cecil, who is cast out by his king and sent to slay a mysterious beast; a trial that will touch on all of the areas you might expect from a good soap opera: heroes, betrayal, redemption, love, magic, pint of milk and a fight at the chippy.

What a day thats gonna be for me. I already have Infinite Undiscovery and Viva 2 preordered on the 360 and now this comes along! Let the good times roll :)

Yeah I seen that and I was a bit more relieved to see you reporting here that its the 5th. That's still only a week before DQ 4 which is set to release on the 12th of Sept. My DS is gonna die!

I didnt even know that DQ had a release date yet! I have replied in the DQ topic and cant wait for the RPG goodness to arrive in September.

EDIT: Shadow has done the honours of changing the date on the main site. Cheers!

Good stuff.

Here's a potential plan: I could treat myself to FF IV as an early birthday present, try and whip through it as quick as possible and hold off on cracking into DQ 4 until my birthday actually arrives. It could be done... *goes to Amazon to pre-order...* :grin:

Well, I couldn't even find it on Amazon.co.uk, so I placed my pre-order on Game.co.uk where the game is £25 + 500 reward points. Decent enough but if anyone finds it cheaper, post about it!

Is the FF III DS remake worth getting? Seen it in the 2 for £20 at gamestation and plan on picking up Sega Megadrive Collection in that offer for my PSP so considering getting it as well..

I'm yet to complete FF III and I got it over a year ago- I probably haven't even played it in about a year. Its a very nice game, but despite the graphics the game itself is oh so old skool. :blank:

I've still too complete III and I want to pick up IV when it's out. I had to grind for a while and after that I played it less. I think it was the first temple in...

That underworld place that's covered in darkness. I completed the first temple there I think.

For ages i've been lookin out to see if they r goin to do a final fantasy 6 for the ds, i would really love to see that, i know its been remade for ps1 and even ported to gba but i would love to see somethin done for the ds