N-Europe

Tales of Graces F

heroicjanitor

Tales of Graces F was PS3 only in Japan, it'll be the same for the US most likely. I can't see Namco Bandai commissioning a 360 port. Although a quote a page or two back suggests a back port of features into the Wii version (to me).

Oh don't get me wrong, I know all my Tales news. Just suggesting, as the quote said from Namco that you mentioned, it could go to the Wii also and they can't even confirm a console version. We just have relatively no news ever since the web page got updated. No console or time frame and can't say what console even though it would seem likely to be for the PS3. Just seems odd.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't get me wrong, I know all my Tales news. Just suggesting, as the quote said from Namco that you mentioned, it could go to the Wii also and they can't even confirm a console version. We just have relatively no news ever since the web page got updated. No console or time frame and can't say what console even though it would seem likely to be for the PS3. Just seems odd.

Ah, no worries. I was just confused about... the confusion over what system it's for.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
At last week's Japan Expo 2011, fellow French Tales fansite Kingdom of Tales got the chance to sit down with Tales executive Makoto Yoshizumi to talk about the series and the new localization push from the company's North American and European branches, along with a few other interesting tidbits, namely Tales of Graces f's release date in Europe.

For those who don't have the time to read the entire interview (both a French and English version are up as of this moment), below is a synopsis of what went down.

Tales of Graces f

- Tales of Graces f will be released sometime during Summer 2012 in Europe.

- It's unclear if all of the DLC costumes and skits available on the Japanese PlayStation Store will be available in the Western version. This includes the Code Geass costumes, which might have some issues due to licensing. They did state that they are working on trying to bring it all over, however.

- He wanted to make things clear that the game will only be on the PS3, i.e. no Wii port.

Tales of Xillia

- While there's no plans for the title as of yet, apparently Graces f's sales aren't linked to the game's release according to Yoshizumi, but instead to fan demand (jokingly mentioning Facebook spamming being one possible way to show it ;)).

- ufotable was chosen specifically for the 15th anniversary, but Yoshizumi isn't sure at the moment if they will be used again in a future title in the series.

Tales of the Abyss (3DS)

- Apparently the magic sales number for the title is 250,000 (guessing this is a worldwide number).

- They want to release more Tales titles on the Nintendo 3DS.

Tales Series

- There's talk about porting older Tales titles to HD consoles not only in Japan but in North America and Europe. It's unclear if he means releasing them as PSN classics or doing actual HD versions of the titles, however.

- Yoshito Higuchi, the man responsible for Tales of Vesperia was working on an unrelated project during the time Tales of Xillia began production, hence why Hideo Baba took the reigns. Apparently said game won't be revealed till sometime after this year's Tokyo Game Show, however.

- Go Shiina, the person in charge of Tales of Legendia's score, is currently tied up in other projects for Namco Bandai. Motoi Sakuraba is still the main music composer for the series.

Misc.

- Sword of Legendia, which was at first thought to be related to the series, was officially canceled a few years back.

http://www.talesunion.com/news/tales-of-graces-f-eu-coming-summer-2012-more-maybe-coming--1718.html

So that's an aimed release in Europe of Summer 2012, also Xillia's release will be based on fan demand instead of Graces F's sales performance.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

• 8 months later...

Gametrailers review

Story: 6.8

Design: 6.7

Gameplay: 7.8

Presentation: 5.6

Overall: 6.7

Dry voice acting, battles that are over in a flash, weak presentation (It was a Wii game after all), restrictive locations and a story that starts weak but gets better as it progresses.

To be honest right near the beggining of the review I thought the comments sounded around a 7.

Edited by Emerald Emblem