N-Europe

Tales of Graces F

heroicjanitor

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit suspicious of Graces and Vesperia. It's so un-Namco.

If people can change, then companies can change, too. :blank:

It would be amazing if this was true. Played Vesperia on the 360, wouldn't mind playing it again. Especially with the new content.

I'm a bit suspicious of Graces and Vesperia. It's so un-Namco.

Let's not forget if we assume Tales of Vesperia PS3 is all but done already if we can believe Troy Baker, then it's not so far fetched that they'll release Graces F later in the year, might be working on the translation as we speak.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

It's PS3 only.

It's great that it's coming to the West (although Namco Bandai Partners here in Europe won't be quick to bring it over here, or bring it over at all) and on the PS3 so it can be imported but I'd have loved to have seen the Wii version come over as well. A bit disappointed but still, at least we can now play the game even if we have to import it from the US.

Fan Requests Influenced Namco Bandai’s Decision

When Namco Bandai confirmed Tales of Graces F for North America during their press event, Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing, mentioned there were over 50,000 requests asking for Tales. The announcement was teased as a puzzle, which they estimated would take 40 hours for one person to solve. It was cracked by Tales fans in nine and half hours.

"There is a strong existing fanbase. The buzz became too big to ignore, in a sense. Our company’s new theme and challenge is how to embrace community," Makoto Iwai, Bandai Label President, said in a Siliconera interview.

"It’s been a challenge for the JRPG in the US market. As long as they are loyal to this title, why don’t we embrace them? That’s a starting point." Since no platform(s) were announced I asked Iwai to clarify if Tales of Graces F would be released on PlayStation 3 and Wii. "We’ll see. We’re working on it. We’ll make the announcement later on," Iwai replied.

Iwai also spoke to us about Namco Bandai’s internal studios and partnerships with developers like From Software and CyberConnect2. Check back next week for that part of the discussion.

The game hasn't even started yet on which consoles has the game ie Namco are thinking PS3 version or port the F contents to the Wii version or both have the game.