NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Skip to around the 1:08:00 mark, for a mass Megazord orgy.

I wanna see how the pirate Power Rangers will work over here.

They've started selling the megazord for Mega Force here at Tesco now, it's not as if they're even trying with the design anymore. There's barely any transformation happening. It just snaps together.

OMG that was awesome :D

I assume are those Pirate style Sentai's will be the suits used for Super Megaforce?

I guess when it comes to this massive team up in Super Megaforce that they'll prolly be filming/making a lot of original footage since they can't really be using a lot of that having the 15 Sentais that came before the Sentai that MMPR was based off of.

Here's a pic of Tommy back in Green Ranger suit :D

946939_10151482731811687_1109432081_n-610x406.jpg

Wonder how will they explain how he got his green ranger powers back? Also wonder if that means they won't do a return of the White Tiger Ranger, Red Zeo Ranger and the Black Dino Thunder Ranger (unless Tommy maybe switches between the four at various points?) be a shame if they fall by the wayside :(

Dinozords were incredible, Thunderzords with the White Tiger a worthy enough evolution... Ninja Zords coupled in with the movie were good too... but then I started to loose interest in the series.

What were the human looking Ninja Zords that came in next?...

that was the series I stopped watching I think, despite them looking kinda cool.

It was the Shogun Zords

Shogun_megazord_2.jpg

Interestingly you'll notice that there is no Pink zord ... though if you bought the toy Shogun Megazord the White Zord becomes pink?

MMPR%20-%20Shogun%20Megazord%20-%2003.jpg

I only recently noticed this while watching those eps on Netflix.

Looked it up. Turns out that the Sentai show that Season 3 was based on had a White Sentai and no Pink (also it had no 6th unless you count Ninjor).

The Shogun zords actually came first in the Sentai show followed the Battle Borgs (which were later used for the Alien Rangers... whose Ranger suits were the actual "Ninja" style suits from teh Sentai the zords came from) and then the Ninja Zords... so Power Rangers reversed the order of the zords power.

MMPR apparently got lucky with the number of in a way and that when they used the Ninja Zords first the crane could be passed off as a "Pink Zord" as it was White with a Pink/Red stripe, and the Falcon Zord was luckily white so could be passed off as Tommys and was only an auxilery zord in the Sentai show.

When they introduced the Shogun zords in MMPR they did it along with a storyline where Kim was losing her powers and by the time she was alright (and then passed on her powers to Kat) they already had the Shogun Zords sans a Pink zord.

The White Shogun zord was then used by Tommy (and shared with Kat later...lol) and they tried to make out that it was a White Falcon Shogun Zord, but the stance it does is clearly a Crane style stance and it's movements are very feminine :)

Prolly more info that you needed but I only recently learned all this (when I was watching and noticed the missing Pink zord which I don't remember as a kid I had to google for info or my OCD wouldn't forgive me) and I liek to share info :D

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

These plot-holes certainly give me a headache even thinking about it. Nice to see the chance of the Green Ranger returning, but there are many flaws in that idea. Something to do with the Green Ranger powers being transferred permanently to the Red Ranger because there was no way they could keep pumping power into a coin which wasn't created by Zordan at the time, hence the White Ranger was created.

Wonder if the past Zords will re-appear as well, as far as i can tell the ONLY existing Zord left from the MMPR era is the Dragon Zord (who's been fast asleep at the bottom of the ocean for years). All the others were destroyed leading upto the Ninja/Shogan era. And wern't the Shogan Zords another non-Zordon invention, which Billy re-programmed to allow everyone to use. Originally meant for Zedd to control the Rangers in the bidding to do something evil most likely.

I'll stop now.

But the Morpha is wow, coins wow. Original Zords, wow. Still have all the original Zords (Megazord, Dragonzord, Thunder Megazord, Shogunzord (with the pink right arm). Didn't have the Ninjazords (was a choice between Shogan and Ninja) or Titanus. And i know i mentioned the Power Ranger story arc ended with Space (after Zordon died), i stopped watching after Zeo.

Still have all the original Zords (Megazord, Dragonzord, Thunder Megazord, Shogunzord (with the pink right arm). Didn't have the Ninjazords (was a choice between Shogan and Ninja) or Titanus.

Find them all and do a photoshoot and post them up :D

DO EEEETTTTT!!!

I think I stopped watching sometime around Turbo ending but then after college I was unemployed for a bit and ended up watching them all the way until the end of Time Force.

I gave up at Turbo too. The whole cars idea seemed lacking and the fact that the blue Ranger was a fucking kid who beefed up when he morphed topped the shit on the cake.

But now I catch Samurai on Five on Saturday/Sunday mornings if I'm up. The acting is terrible and a horrible fisting element on the Red Ranger.

Find them all and do a photoshoot and post them up :D

DO EEEETTTTT!!!

I'll have a look around, i believe they are in the attic somewhere.

Was just on youtube and this popped up in my feed thought it was pretty cool.

I'll have a look around, i believe they are in the attic somewhere.

Still waiting.... :wink:

Looking at that image at the end, and trying not to be clouded by nostalgia bias... the original really had the best design. Something about the helmet, it was just way more defined and subtle. All the other helmets are too messy or too weird.

Wait, wait, why does Green Ranger have a stupid silver horn thing on his helmet?

Wait, wait, why does Green Ranger have a stupid silver horn thing on his helmet?

I hadn't noticed before, maybe it has something to do with how he got the green rangers power back? Maybe it is actually a "new" power coin that Tommy made to recreate the Green Ranger (and made a minor cosmetic alteration) so that he could revive the sleeping Dragonzord?

:heh:

Seems such a simple explanation for how Tommy could be the Green Ranger again that it is prolly what they will do/say in the show.

*goes to ask on JDF's facebook :heh:*

Speaking of Megaforce... is that showing on any channels this side of the water?

My son *cough*and me*cough* started watching RPM on Netflix 5eps in not bad. Has borrowed from Terminator in that the bad guy is a Skynet like computer virus that has taken over the world.... checked on Wiki bout it, apparently it is also the only Ranger show to not take place inside the same "universe" as all the others.

When can we get those 20th anniversary figures? :D they should be on amazon now, while the hype is strong! Tomorrow I will have come to my senses....

Edit: Oh right, they're on Toys R Us US... and resellers are asking for $150+

lololol

Edit 2: out here end of September, megazord is £70. Pff. It was only about £45 when it first came out!

Edited by Shorty

Edit 2: out here end of September, megazord is £70. Pff. It was only about £45 when it first came out!

Where you see that?

I just want the Morpher and coins :D

I found this on on Amazon.com for $45 + shipping. It doesn't separate into the individual Zords though I don't think but it's still pretty cool. It also has "extreme" articulation.

Really tempted to buy one of them, really regretted not getting one when I was younger when I could have but I got the newer 'Zord instead, but I'm not sure if I should get one.

Watched the movie a few weeks ago. The suits looked really weird in that. The CGI Megazord was terrible as well. Was nice having a new villain though.

I saw that ^, note the size :heh: 3 x 3 x 6 inches.

Where you see that?

I just want the Morpher and coins :D

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?fh_eds=%3f&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=0&fh_location=%2f%2ftrus%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3C%7btrus_trus%7d%2fitemtype%3dproduct%2f%24s%3drangers%5cu0020legacy&media=web

Morpher £49.99 "Available end August"

Megazord £69.99 "Available end September"

Well it looked bigger in the pictures. :p >.<

That'll teach me not to scroll down. Oh hey, a Green Ranger figure.

Watched the movie a few weeks ago. The suits looked really weird in that. The CGI Megazord was terrible as well. Was nice having a new villain though.

I quite liked the armoured suits in The Movie.... wish the people behind the Sentai shows would use armoured suits once so we could then get it in a PR show :heh:

Cool cheers.... can;t pre-order though :mad: Signed up for an email aleart though :D

EDIT

Just found this on Youtube

All Red Sentai and Red Ranger morphs up to Megaforce.... ignore the last two after megaforce :nono:

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

BUMP

So am I the only one to give into nostalgic temptation and buy a Legacy item?

Only got the Morpher and it arrived today :D

I tried to make an unboxing vid for youtube, haven't watched the footage yet but I think I might try re-do it during the week as I wasn't feeling it after I had finished.

Anyway some pics :D

SV201024_zps0afde8db.jpg

SV201002_zpsa4d82b6f.jpg

SV201023_zpsd6dc2829.jpg

Trying to get some pics of my son holding it but he won't hold it right :heh:

EDIT

Annoying that they are releasing the Dragonzord and Tigerzord coins seperately.

Anyone know when they'll be out here?

EDIT2

Also trying to work out why the "blue" ranger is purple on the boxart?

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

I got in trouble at nursery school for getting too violent playing Power Rangers. I must have taken the fight against evil pretty seriously back then.

Waaaannnntttttt.

Order from Toys R Us I'm sure they still have some left along with the Legacy Megazord (which I didn't get)