NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

And the complete end occured when they finally wiped out Zordon.
I'm sorry... WHAT!! :o

Some pics for y'all (warning, these may upset fans who dont realise actors grow up)

40047_422865827907_500482907_4672100_280355_n.jpg

I love how he's still wearing a plain green T :D

Because of course they only ever had one set of colours in their wardrobe :p

OMG I totally didn't recognise that was Billy next to him! Where are his glasses... he should always wear glasses!

Man, I loved Power Rangers back in the day. I lost interest around Turbo, but regained it "In Space" (which actually had unusually interesting plot and scenarios. Psycho Rangers were awesome, as well as the ending where Zordon died). A couple of seasons later, I fully outgrew it.

Also, I recently discovered that Adam, the Black/Green Ranger is Johnny Yong Bosch, an awesome voice actor (Dude who voices both personalities of Emil Castagnier, from Tales of Symphonia 2). Nostalgia rush! :grin:

And shame on you guys for not posting the most awesome opening song of any TV show ever, second only to Macgyver

EDIT: Well, darn it, embedding is disabled.

Edited by Jonnas

Jesus Christ, Tommy looks like a complete douche in that picture.

Tommy and Billy are pretty existent throughout most of the following shows if I recall. Jason and Kimberly also make a return at some point. I dunno where the idea about them all being separate shows comes from, from what I understand it's all one consecutive storyline introducing new suits and zords every series.

Up to the "In Space" season it all followed on from a single story arc. As Zordon was present in all seasons up to and including that and generally some of the rangers of the previous seasons would return in the following season.

Zordon died at the end of "In Space" though (:cry:) and every season after that would feature a fully new cast or new rangers. Up to "Wild Force" though each season still had some small connections to the seasons that preceeded and they usually had a team up ep of current rangers with rangers from the previous season.

When "Ninja Storm" came along though and production of the show moved to New Zealand, seeing alot of crew being let go, that season seemed to stand along on it's own with no connection to the previous seasons. Further there was no team up episode between Wild Force and Ninja Storm rangers. Though this was mostly because of the production move to New Zealand and I think there was some falling out with the actors from Wild Force too because of it. Because of this people thought Ninja Storm wasn't inside the same "universe" as all the previous shows.

The following season "Dino Thunder" tried to tie up loose ends in Ninja Storm and make it fit into the original Power Rangers universe and to help in this Jason Frank character Tommy was brought back. Think I remember reading Frank only agreed to do it as a favour to the Executive Producer or something.

From what ive seen of photos of the newer seasons they are back to doing team ups with the previous seasons Power Rangers again.

And as we are talking about team ups, how could I not post this:

forever_red.gif

There was one episodes in one of the newer series that had every red Ranger from all of the old series. There was like 10 or something Red Rangers at once. Amazing.

Forever Red was the name of the ep fromn the Wild Force season back in 2002.

I remember randomly flipping through channels and landing on Fox Kids back in the day when it first aired. Was pure awesome.

It was done as a 10th anniversay episode.

It had every Red Ranger with the exception of one, Rocky

From what ive seen of photos of the newer seasons they are back to doing team ups with the previous seasons Power Rangers again.

And as we are talking about team ups, how could I not post this:

Oh yeah, pretty sure they are, though I've not seen anything after Dino Thunder. Think Ninja Storm still remains the only one to not have a team up episode

There was a thing a few months ago where the blue ranger came out as gay in this emotive interview.

He's been out a while, I remember reading something that the reason he left the show when he did was because a number of crew (and cast I think) gave him a hard time for being gay and had lots of homophoobic slurs aimed at him. In fact the last ep to feature Billy, the Billy seen at the end was just stock footage of Yost and voiced by someone else as Yost had walked off the show a few eps previous.

With the exception of Jason, those Red Rangers are utterly lame! Not only do the majority of the costumes (and by that I mean helmets really) suck, but the people don't look the part either, one looks like a hardened marine!

Also, it's not right seeing Tommy as a Red Ranger!

With the exception of Jason, those Red Rangers are utterly lame! Not only do the majority of the costumes (and by that I mean helmets really) suck, but the people don't look the part either, one looks like a hardened marine!

Also, it's not right seeing Tommy as a Red Ranger!

Well the one you are talking about was part of a more militaristic Power Rangers team.

I heard about that Billy interview as well but the rumours previously have stated that he left due to money disputes and the producers have denied it was anything to do with him being gay. Either way though he doesnt have enough hair anymore to be a good Power Ranger.

So who was everyones favourite then? For me it always had to be Jason, was so gutted when he left. Nice to get him back for a while though in Zeo and then the terrible Turbo movie.

Well the one you are talking about was part of a more militaristic Power Rangers team.

I heard about that Billy interview as well but the rumours previously have stated that he left due to money disputes and the producers have denied it was anything to do with him being gay. Either way though he doesnt have enough hair anymore to be a good Power Ranger.

So who was everyones favourite then? For me it always had to be Jason, was so gutted when he left. Nice to get him back for a while though in Zeo and then the terrible Turbo movie.

Tommy for me!

Was cool and I loved the whole Green/White Ranger. Plus he was getting it on with Kimberley, the lucky git!

I think I just liked them all before Tommy came along, though it was probably Jason for me too. Tyrannosaurus!!

Something they never explained, which never made sense at all is this. How can previous Rangers still have Morphas (or what-ever they are called), thought they had to give them up once they left being a Ranger. Plus, i know "Forever Red" was a 10th Anniversary ep and all that, so it doesn't explain how Jason manages to keep his Morpha and Coin. Last i checked, it was given to Rocky. Plus the Dino coins were destroyed and so was the old Morphing grid (up-to Ninja, and them coins were crushed in that transition series). Zordon was wiped out/killed, so none of the old coins (if they still existed) would ever work again.

Sorry to dampen the Nostalgia mood.

Anyway, back to the question in hand.

I havn't got 1 favourite Ranger, it has always been 2. The Green/White Ranger (Tommy) and the Red Ranger (Jason (didn't much like Rocky's incarnation)). Both had cool Zords, excellent weapons and delivered a great story/plot each.

We all know of the Red vs Green Ranger battle, and the story of how Tommy got the Green Ranger powers and all that. But another great ep i remember is this one.

The excuse most people use is that when the 3 rangers were swapped out the power transfer actually copied the powers, not switched them over. Its not something ive bothered to look into though so i wouldnt be able to answer questions on it. There are some other theories around on how the broken coins still work as Adams worked in a later ep but I dont really remember them.

There are some other theories around on how the broken coins still work as Adams worked in a later ep but I dont really remember them.

I do recall Adam's powers still working, as i saw that episode. Think the droid in that ep said something about the grid was broken and the coin (if used) could kill the user.

Sorry, i have a habit of doing this.

I do recall Adam's powers still working, as i saw that episode. Think the droid in that ep said something about the grid was broken and the coin (if used) could kill the user.

Sorry, i have a habit of doing this.

Yeah I remember something like that, he was asked to help with something but was warned if he used his broken coin he could sie or something.

(EDIT:

Actually don't think that was Adam, I just watched the 15th Anniversary ep, "Once a Ranger" that he reappears in but there was nothing about a broken coin which I thought was in that ep.)

Anyway in trying to find out why Rocky was left out of the Forever Red episode found this handy info page on the Power Rangers Wiki.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Forever_Red

Apparently had he appeared in the ep it would have just been as a civilian but implied he still had the Blue Zeo Ranger powers. Since all his Red ranger suits were the original suit, same as Jason's, Rocky would have only appeared as a Red Ranger has Jason's actor not done the ep. Apparently Rockys actor did agree to be in the ep but for whatever reason it wasn't followed through... says on that page he moved house and lst contact :heh:

Also for how Jason was still able to have his Red Ranger powers....

Jason and T.J. both lost their powers previously. Jason's power coin was destroyed by Rito Revolto (while in the possession of Rocky DeSantos) and T.J.'s powers were destroyed in the final battle between the Turbo Rangers and Divatox. The episode did not explain how these powers were restored. When asked about the Red Ranger 's restorations on Facebook, Amit Bhaumik says, "My memory is a little fuzzy on the details, but the short of it is Tommy, between leaving in PRT and reappearing in Forever Red, goes to Zordon's homeworld of Eltar around PRLG/PRLR timewise. There he finds the remains of Alpha 5 and takes him to be rebuilt as Alpha 7 (the one you saw in Forever Red). He also uncovers the source of Zordon's powers and restores the Red Zeo Crystal giving him his Zeo powers back. Some time around then he restores Jason's power coin. Lightning Cruiser was modified and became the new source for TJ's Turbo powers. It is possible car he pulled up in Forever Red was supposed to be Lightning Cruiser."

I think he was just making stuff up :heh:

Edited by Mokong

I think a better response would have been "If they didn't work, we'd have a crap episode. Take the plot hole or leave it." Not that space travelling rubbish.

Here we go found full eps of Forever Red and Once a Ranger

FOREVER RED

ONCE A RANGER

Part 1

Part 2

EDIT:

Also just remembered this.

While Tommy was one of my fav rangers I think when he was Green that eps I thought were awesome were ones when he gave his sheild to another ranger. I know he gave it to Black and Red. I think it looks most awesome on Black

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

Was there ever an excuse for why the green ranger's shield came in two entirely different forms?

Yeah I remember something like that, he was asked to help with something but was warned if he used his broken coin he could sie or something.

(EDIT:

Actually don't think that was Adam, I just watched the 15th Anniversary ep, "Once a Ranger" that he reappears in but there was nothing about a broken coin which I thought was in that ep.)

Anyway in trying to find out why Rocky was left out of the Forever Red episode found this handy info page on the Power Rangers Wiki.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Forever_Red

Apparently had he appeared in the ep it would have just been as a civilian but implied he still had the Blue Zeo Ranger powers. Since all his Red ranger suits were the original suit, same as Jason's, Rocky would have only appeared as a Red Ranger has Jason's actor not done the ep. Apparently Rockys actor did agree to be in the ep but for whatever reason it wasn't followed through... says on that page he moved house and lst contact :heh:

Also for how Jason was still able to have his Red Ranger powers....

I think he was just making stuff up :heh:

I happened to look into that "Once a Ranger" ep just to confirm what i thought, and it was Adam portraying the Black Ranger. The coin and morpha was damaged/broken as well (damage is visable).

As for that short explanation of how all the Rangers can re-exist, sorry i don't buy it. Because if it were true, then everything that occured in the past (grids being destroyed, Zordon being wiped/killed, coins being crushed, powers being transferred) would have never happened.

I liked that Forever Red one.

I wish was there another form of media for the general concept of Power Rangers to flourish better in. I mean the show is enjoyable in a nostalgic/means nothing/childhood reminiscence way, but it's atrocious on almost every level if you actually think about it. :p

Wish there was a stunning comic/animated series/expanded universe.