NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Slight bump, Toy's R Us in the US of A are selling the Legacy Coins for White and Green Ranger (with Morpha)

Green and White Legacy Morpha

Only spotted this post now (missed in in al the Mega CD talk), tempted to order it... or should I wait till Toysrus.co.uk have it? It seems to work out cheaper to order from US (I assume when teh UK store has it it'll be same price as the "normal" legacy Morpher current exchange rate with US$ makes this cheaper)..... But how much would shipping cost?

There website is terrible to pre-order from! 5 or 6 times it hung when trying to authorise my card, because loyds use that click safe system which Americans obviously don't have so the website doesn't like it

eventually preordered through paypal

those legacy Dragonzord and Dragon Dagger also look awesome

Where'd you see the Legacy Dragonzord and Dagger? I don't see them on Toyrus.com?

Would be tempted to get the Dagger :D

Where'd you see the Legacy Dragonzord and Dagger? I don't see them on Toyrus.com?

Would be tempted to get the Dagger :D

it was anounced at new york comic con last week, so it will be available "soon"

Ok here goes this is just for you N-Europe Power Ranger Fan Club.....that's YOU @S\.C\.G @Mokong X\-C @Retro_Link

In just one week as you may or may not know we will be playing games non-stop for 25 hours Extra Life for the 4th time and I want to get the community here involved as much as possible. So I have a proposal for you merry band of mighty morphers!

I will be playing the wonderful Power Rangers Sega CD game...but how much YOU decide there are 10 levels in total for every $10 donation (allowing for stacking if you sponsor more, remember thats just £6) I will play another chapter of the game, here they are in list form:

1. Creation of the Power Rangers

2. Green With Evil: Part One

3. Green With Evil: Part Two

4. Green With Evil: Part Three

5. Green With Evil: Part Four

6. The Green Candle: Part One

7. The Green Candle: Part Two

8. The Crystal of Nightmares

9. Doomsday: Part One

10. Doomsday: Part Two

So if I manage to make $100 from you guys I will end up playing the whole game :) and meet my $200 target by $15!

Edited by flameboy

Well that's just blackmail, haha.

I was gonna donate on Friday... was just trying to decide who to give it to this year..... well played Adam, well played.

Also, FYI, for anyone interested I spotted Netflix have added Power Rangers Megaforce to both UK and US services :D

Only the first 10 eps at the moment, don't know when they'll add more, think Channel 5 in the UK are only up to ep 13 anyway so might be awhile. Prolly will start watching it with my son during the week/at the weekend

I was gonna donate on Friday... was just trying to decide who to give it to this year..... well played Adam, well played.

Also, FYI, for anyone interested I spotted Netflix have added Power Rangers Megaforce to both UK and US services :D

Only the first 10 eps at the moment, don't know when they'll add more, think Channel 5 in the UK are only up to ep 13 anyway so might be awhile. Prolly will start watching it with my son during the week/at the weekend

It's all about dem VR Troopers, brah.

Not to blackmail you further....but if you do donate before hand I will arrange a time with you to watch it so you don't miss out! Also I did start watching the Japanese episodes you linked to :bouncy:

I was gonna put my 10 on your for this, but I always put yer names in a har (well a cup) and draw one out to decide where my 10 goes each year so I kept to tradition this year and Dean's name was drawn :heh:

I was gonna put my 10 on your for this, but I always put yer names in a har (well a cup) and draw one out to decide where my 10 goes each year so I kept to tradition this year and Dean's name was drawn :heh:

That's ok if you decide you want to throw anymore money out way will certainly consider doing a separate new stream.

@Mokong X\-C I'd do the first level and the green ranger 4 parter for $10 :P hustling for sponsors ya see.

Edited by flameboy

Finally it is released!

White Ranger vs Scorpion

The White Ranger Suit they used looks epic!

Bloody hell, I was randomly looking at stuff on IMDB and somehow ended up looking at the profile for Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam Park, the 2nd Mighty Morphing Black Ranger)

And am bloody surprised by the amount of voice work he's done in anime and video games, even stuff that I watch/play and never knew there was a black ranger behind the voice :heh:

Biggest surprise for me, the first thing he is credited for even before Power Rangers

Akira - voice of Kaneda.....*mind blown*...I never knew

Few select other works

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - voice of JD (don't remember the character as been years since I seen so not sure if it was a main character?)

Fullmetal Alchemist - 1ep voice of Lujon (prolly a minor character)

Wolf's Rain - voice of Kiba

Baten Kaitos Origins - voice of Ven

Naruto - voice of Akio

Bleech - voice of Ichigo

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - voice of Brad Vickers

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - voice fo Emil

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - voice of Seto

Cool, when was that, London Comic Con?

By chance did the dude in teh Green Ranger suit tell you where he got it from? :heh:

Why didn't the Green Ranger de-morph, after all you held his morpha Rez

Nice costumes though.

Just spotted Netflix have finally added the last 10 eps of Power Rangers Megaforce so indulged in some guilty pleasure and watched the final 3 eps of it.

Pretty good ending, even ended on a cliff hanger

Was hoping the cliff hanger end would involve then getting their "Super Megaforce" powers, but it ended with the new enemy appearing and attacking and the Megaforce Rangers on the run with no contact with their command centre. So guessing the first ep of Super Megaforce has them still using their current powers and getting the Pirate "Super Megaforce" powers at the end of ep 1.

Be interesting to see how they adapt the Pirate themed "Gokaiger" to Super Megaforce.... I've watched a few eps of Gokaiger on Youtube and noticed something I'm wondering how it will play in Super Megaforce. Since they are using the same actors from Megaforce for Super Megaforce, stands to reason the guy who played Jake, Black Megaforce, will become the Green Pirate/Super Megaforce, I noticed in Gokaiger the GokaiGreen has a very distinct personality, he strikes comedic poses when they morph (or announcing their names/colours) and acts kind cowardly during fight scenes, very different from how the character of Jake has been in Megaforce. So be interesting to see how they handle the Gokaiger footage for Super Megaforce.

Also while trying to find out if Super Megaforce has a set premier air date yet I found this on YT, a trailer from San Diego Comic-Con

What's very odd in the trailer though is 44seconds and at 50secs, they show the Red Ranger from the Sentai show "Dairanger" which was never used for Power Rangers. And it not just a background character that might have been in there by mistake like the clip in the trailer of the Legend War you might make out some pre-Zyu/MMPR Sentai Rangers which I'm gonna assume is due to not having finished filming their own PR version of the Legend War at the time and just used teh Sentai footage.

They show the Red Dairanger front and centre!???

For those unaware, the original Might Morphing Power Rangers is based on the Sentai show "Zyuranger", the Sentai that followed that was "Dairanger", but Power Rangers only used monsters and Zords (The Thunder Zords) from Dairanger but never changed the Ranger Suits (think they didn't want to lose the familiarty of the Dino designs they'd built up with MMPR), with the exception of the White Ranger which was the only suit used from Dairanger.

No idea how they could explain the other Dairanger costumes appearing in Super Megaforce...but interested to see how it'll play out.

Also a few other questions bout Megaforce...other than the obvious how does Tommy get his Green Ranger powers back? :heh:...(JDF has also confirmed on his Facebook he'll be White Ranger again too so stands to reason he'll also appear as Red Zeo and Black DinoThunder at some point too... easiest way to do this is if Tommy gets his own set of Ranger Keys like the main rangers will use to morph into the different teams)

How will they fit/explain in SPD which takes place in the future (2050 I think?)... granted it'll prolly be thinly explained by timetravel, and I think in SPD one episode had them travel back in time to "our time" to team up with the previous shows "Dino Thunder" team, so I guess their powers will have formed "Keys" when they came back in time?

Even harder possibly to explain would be RPM which takes place in an alt-reality completely :heh: There was a team up special with Samurai but only the Red RPM Ranger crossed into the "main reality" so having a key for him might be easy to explian but none of the other RPM rangers reality jumped :heh:

From what I've seen of Gokaiger and read bout Super Megaforce looks like Super Megaforce will be doing things in a kind of reverse order. In Gokaiger the Legend War happened before the first ep took place (and shown in the Gosiger vs Gokaiger film embedded on previous page) and the Ranger Keys were created when the previous 34 Sentai teams used up all their powers to defeat an alien invasion, spreading their powers into space where the Gokaigers would find them, but it seems Super Megaforce will have the Legend War at the end (gah even longer to wait to see how will it'll turn out) of the season instead. The Ranger Keys are already created and have been shown lining the walls in the command centre in Megaforce.

A few pics from Jason David Franks Facebook from Super Megaforce filming again :D

1377013_10151765532231687_227688824_n.jpg

1003243_10151757567191687_934953312_n.jpg

1453542_10151834263541687_2010587239_n.png

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - voice of Seto

Wow.. really..? I played through the game in Japanese so I may have to set the language to English when I play it next time :eek:

Unfinished Marketing Teaser for Super Megaforce

Don't know why they keep showing Megaforce merch though? Surely they should be showing the toyline for the Super Megaforce gear. Especially the Morpher.

I assume they will milk the morpher for all it's worth and have all the different rangers keys sold seperately. Hopefully in packs based on shows.

I got my son a Megaforce morpher for his Xmas gift this year.... he'll likely be getting the Super Megaforce one next Xmas, haha

They're still showing clips of teh Dairangers suit in that promo also so it looking like they are gonna use them which is just weird. How will they explain it?

I had a thought that maybe they'll say something like after Zordon made the White Ranger he was working on upgrading the powers of the other 5 Rangers, to bring them inline with the White Ranger but wasn't able to finish them before Master Vile destroyed the Power Coins which resulted in them turning to the Zeo Crystal for new and different powers. But somehow Gosei (the mentor for Megaforce who states he was a pupil of Zordon or something) was able to restore the power coins (explaining how Tommy can be Green Ranger) and also found the specs for the Dairanger upgrades? :heh:

I think we need to rename the thread now, this enthusiasm is way beyond nostalgia :p

I think we need to rename the thread now, this enthusiasm is way beyond nostalgia :p

but sure isn't the whole idea of Super Megaforce to play off of our Nostalgia?

What happend to bulk and skull ?

This is cool

In Super Samurai Bulk is still in it, still fisting the Power Rangers, but he's with Skull's son Spike.