NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Well, the helmet just arrived!

sGeoVk9.jpg

Didn't get hit with any import fees either which is great news.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does that seem a little...overpriced to anyone else? That's a lot of toys they'd have to sell to make back their money...

Huh. That explained why Saban Brands fired Bandai of America and gave the toy licences to Hasbro few months ago. It's baffled me why they picked Gobuster to adapt for the 25th anniversary cos they skipped it few years ago for other Super Sentai team. Hasbro might use Power Rangers in their upcoming Hasbro cinematic universe along with Transformers, MASK, etc 

I forgot to mention that the toys for Gobuster didn't selling alot so I have no idea why they picked it though. It's just a bunch of "spy gadgets and 3 megazords. 😂 

Edited by DriftKaiser

watermarkedimage.jpg

As some fans have speculated, Nickelodeon will air the anniversary team-up at 8 p.m. on August 28, the date that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers first premiered on the Fox Kids Network.

Three of the Rangers that fans can look forward to seeing are Tommy Oliver (Jason David Frank), who served as the original Green and White Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, the Red Zeo and Turbo Ranger, and the Black Dino Ranger; Kat Hillard (Catherine Sutherland), the second Pink Mighty Morphin Ranger and the Pink Zeo and Turbo Ranger; and Wes Collins (Jason Faunt), the Red Time Force Ranger. More iconic Rangers from past seasons will be announced in the coming weeks.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/07/30/power-rangers-super-ninja-steel-25th-anniversary-episode-premiere-date-mmpr

• Like 1

Well I for one liked it, and I'm glad there'll be more. The plot was definitely lop-sided, too much time focusing on training and like you said, barely any fighting. However, this would basically be solved by a sequel, which would have less setup. I think the characters were great, there was more depth to all of them than they ever got in years of Childrens television. I liked the alien costumes too, thought they made a lot of sense in the universe, but there's room to change those too :) I didn't like the Zord designs much though.

Devastating. Him coming back as the White Ranger was hype back in the day.

Had the urge to watch the original series again recently so will have to do that soon.

• Like 1

Just finished watching the Power Rangers special, Once & Always.

Woof, that was terrible. I know it's trying to emulated the cheesiness of the original but I feel like it was never that bad. The acting in this was genuinely hard to watch, especially Rocky (who I swear was wearing a girdle). The worst part was the music. MMPR always had incredible music that got you hyped and the majority of this was a weird dull, muted remix. I figured at first that they didn't have the rights to the original theme but then they used it at the end on the pointless recap montage!

• Thanks 1