NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Paj, how old were you when (the best series of) Power Rangers was on... 6?

I have to first question your knowledge if this remake is to stand! :p

It started in 1993, when I was 2.

And tbf, it'll be a Battlestar Galactica-style remake, keeping the core concept/theme intact, whilst whittling away the shite and creating only stunning things. And obviously I'd have to rewatch the entire series again.

Idris Elba is quite "old"...thought it could be a lol not making it typical "young adults" as the rangers, and having more of a mix of ages. I'm also very dubious of having a black person as the black ranger, just cause it fosters needless criticism about racism blah blah. If it wasn't an already known thing, I'd deal with it. But I'd rather tell jokes with the colours.

I need to plan how to translate the concept of Power Rangers properly. I imagine a twist on the GL Corps.

It always confused and disturbed also as a child how the yellow ranger in ranger suit lost her boobs :shakehead

And it happened in every series. :heh:

Because the Yellow Ranger in the Japanese series is played by a dude.

Here we go:

It is apparently really dark in places. For example, the reason Green Ranger exits the show in the US is because Tommy loses his powers. In Zyuranger it's because the character died or something. There's a hilarious cliffedge name yelling scene.

It is also a lot more violent and exciting:

You'll have to click this because embedding is disabled, but it is awesome.

Also, did you guys know Rita was dubbed in the original series?

Rita's scream at the beginning always sounded like a crow to me, ah!

This show is probably the worst thing ever made. But I did use to love it. Go go, power rangers!

^ WFT at that Pink Ranger... Smile love, your a Power Ranger FFS!!

Also Rita is a man! lolz :D

This show is probably the worst thing ever made.
Just GET OUT!! Edited by Retro_Link

Meh, it's hard to notice if they have boobs or not, especially in the action sequences. What is the most revealing is that the Yellow Ranger doesn't have a skirt as part of her uniform. :p

Haven't they begun using their own footage for the series instead of reusing Sentai footage, though?

Has anyone seen the disney re-release of Power Rangers.

It will sadden you, to your very soul.

Also Rita is a man! lolz :D

Old dude is their Zordon character. He appears in a Zordon flashback sequence in the American show. Rita is still very much in Zyuranger, it's even the same actress. They just dubbed her voice. Pretty badly too, which only makes it better.

Haven't they begun using their own footage for the series instead of reusing Sentai footage, though?

Yeah, at the end of season one they needed more so they commissioned more from Japan to be used in episodes they had written. I think Lord Zedd had shown up by then and it explains why Rita exits the show around the time of his appearance.

Edited by Guy

Has anyone seen the disney re-release of Power Rangers.

It will sadden you, to your very soul.

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but I just youtubed Powers Rangers Disney, to find a collection of intros since Disney took over...

:shakehead

And I was SHOCKED to my very core to see Jason David Frank/'Dr Tommy Oliver' has lent himself to this! And WTF is a Dog doing as the Blue Ranger, lol!

You've got to love that as a kid you didn't have a clue it was a complete and utter bodge job, you just loved it for what it was. Watching it back now, it's so obvious that it's put together with Japanese footage.

The theme tune was amazing and I fully admit to lining Simon Cowell's pockets by purchasing the cassette single when it was released.

The theme tune was amazing and I fully admit to lining Simon Cowell's pockets by purchasing the cassette single when it was released.
Me too! :bowdown:

Because the Yellow Ranger in the Japanese series is played by a dude.

I know that, I was just saying how when I was a kid and knew nothing of the Japan original stock footage it always confused me.

Tommy and Billy are pretty existent throughout most of the following shows if I recall. Jason and Kimberly also make a return at some point. I dunno where the idea about them all being separate shows comes from, from what I understand it's all one consecutive storyline introducing new suits and zords every series.

from what I understand it's all one consecutive storyline introducing new suits and zords every series.
Yeah that's what it is. Mind you, I never saw any of the other Rangers get replaced, other than the initial 3 with Rocky et al.

Love...

And the best sound in the whole of Power Rangers...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Retro_Link

There was one episodes in one of the newer series that had every red Ranger from all of the old series. There was like 10 or something Red Rangers at once. Amazing.

Funnily enough I was playing the Power Rangers the Movie game for the Mega drive a couple of days ago.

I was also totally obsessed with the Power Rangers when I was at school. Me and my mates always used to pretend we were them at break times, and I always looked forward to half terms, as there would be more of it on the TV in the mornings! Stopped watching around when the third set of actors started, I think, although I remember looking the series up on the Net three or four years ago to see what was going on. The best episodes for me were the ones where the Green Ranger was introduced. And best music? Apart from the main theme tune, of course, it's got to be the Bulk and Skull tune. :D

Tommy and Billy are pretty existent throughout most of the following shows if I recall. Jason and Kimberly also make a return at some point. I dunno where the idea about them all being separate shows comes from, from what I understand it's all one consecutive storyline introducing new suits and zords every series.

I do recall Jason returning in later series, lets see if i can find something.

Yes, here we go

Around the Zeo era, and finally got the better Ranger powers this time around.

I only found out that this was based on a Japanese show, and the footage was stock over-dubbed with the US voices for the series we all know and love.

Looking at the Disney version, i'm sorry. It looks cack and once again proves that this modern era has ruined all our favourite TV shows.

I had quite a number of Power Ranger toys, listed below.

• Original Megazord
  • Dragon Zord
  • Red Dragon Zord
  • Trojan Megazord
  • Falconzord
  • White Tigerzord
  • Red Ranger
  • Blue Ranger
  • Black Ranger
  • Green Ranger
  • White Rangers
  • Black and Red Ranger Bikes (w/t Side-cars)
  • All Power coins (minus the Morpha)
  • That Blue thing (looked like a Monkey, one of Rita's Goons)

Edited by Jimbob

^ But, but... the Gold Ranger is Black!...

Yeah toy wise I had,

Original Megazord,

Dragon Zord,

Red Dragon Zord,

White Tiger Zord,

Goldar,

Power Morpher & Coins,

Power Sword/Gun

Man do I wish I hadn't sold them many years ago! :(

Or atleast kept the Original Megazord & Dragonzord!

^ But, but... the Gold Ranger is Black!...

I know, i don't know why they used the name "Gold Ranger". I suppose they couldn't use Black Ranger, as their was already one. Still, he was used from 1/2 into the Zeo era to the end of it. Ratings sucked i guess.

I recall they bought back the actor who played "Adam" in the Thunder/Ninja/Zeo era to one of the later eras to train a Ranger who didn't want to be one. Even used the old Morpha and coin to transform into the "classic" Black Ranger.

Man do I wish I hadn't sold them many years ago! :(

Or atleast kept the Original Megazord & Dragonzord!

Is now a good time to say i kept ALL of my Zords. Sold the rest.

Edited by Jimbob

Yep I loved Power Rangers when I was a kid (and probably a bit too far into my adulthood as well). Those who remember, ive been watching the History of the Power Rangers videos by Linkara which id recommend everyone else watch. Theyve just got up to where I stopped watching properly (I think I stopped watching at the end of Space but when unemployment dawned I found myself catching up on everything!)

Power Rangers was genius until Turbo, when a littly boy grew into an adult when he morphed into a Ranger. Bullshit.

I loved power rangers as a kid! Remember being gutted that we went away camping during the Green Ranger multiparter episodes...and I missed the last episode.

Power Rangers was genius until Turbo, when a littly boy grew into an adult when he morphed into a Ranger. Bullshit.

Too true, that kid began the complete end of Power Rangers. And the complete end occured when they finally wiped out Zordon.

And the complete end occured when they finally wiped out Zordon.

At least he did the ultimate pimpsmack when he did.

I always love how Rangers just look at their hands after an upgrade/just been downgraded.