NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

vlcsnap-2011-12-15-14h51m41s52.png

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Baaaaka!

They've got a few past rangers from different shows returning for it including Tommy so that alone should make it awesome :D

Of course! I do think he's milking his fame from MMPR though.

Yeah I saw that too...but I bought the DVD a few weeks back anyway :D

I saw some MMPR DVD season boxsets when I was in America last, probably should have bought them. I knew it was on Netflix though.

Also would be awesome to see the Dinozords and Megazord in hopefully some decent CGI!

Man, that CGI was horrible.

WAT? Gai is awesome IMO :D Love his hyperness and his catch phrase when fighting morphed "I'm in the Silver spotlight now!" :D He does tone down a bit in some eps though and has a few serious eps too.

GozyuRex I reckon is both a reference to the Tyranosaurus zord (in that it is T-Rex) and also the Dragonzord given how it uses its tail as a weapon like Dragonzord did.

Hm. It does move like the Tyrannosaurus, but it has the tail drill and he used the Green Ranger key to use it. Maybe it's a reference to both?

But sure you saw that zord already in SMF?

Must have missed it somehow, must have been distracted because I don't remember much of that fight to be honest.

What ep are you at now... I got just 5 or 6 eps left, trying to hold off till saturday and watch them all in one go with the son :D

I haven't watched any eps for a while like I said earlier, but I just watched episode 19 today, the one where the enemy steals peoples bones and Gai merges 15 of the rangers key so he can go Gokai Silver: Gold Mode. Which was pretty cool.

It was nice they explained something I was wondering about... How does the Ranger keys get in their belt clip. ;)

Edited by Ike

Haha, that Zealousto episode! Felt bad for him at the start but it ends well. :laughing:

I hear Super MegaForce won't be back until September. :(

Haha, that Zealousto episode! Felt bad for him at the start but it ends well. :laughing:

I hear Super MegaForce won't be back until September. :(

This was the 2nd ep with Zealousto your on about yeah?

I liked the bit of the anti-racism message it had...but overall thought it was a bit of a weird ep haha.

Yeah I think they did the same with Megaforce last year, showed teh first half early in the year and took a break over the spring/summer months.

If they weren't limited to 20 eps a season by Nick I'm sure we'd still be having new eps :(

Still not got round to finishing Gokaiger yet, been bisy the weekend but hopefully will polish off those last 6 eps this week sometime :)

I think it's cause they also do Halloween and Xmas specials so they still want the show airing round those times..... don't understand why they didn't just wait to premier it maybe round June and just run it weekly to the end of teh year instead though so there's no breaks.

This was the 2nd ep with Zealousto your on about yeah?

I liked the bit of the anti-racism message it had...but overall thought it was a bit of a weird ep haha.

Yep. His first one was pretty weird as well. I like the occasional non serious eps though.

Yeah I think they did the same with Megaforce last year, showed teh first half early in the year and took a break over the spring/summer months.

Seems to be a common thing to take mid season breaks with TV shows in the US. :shrug:

Anyway, got to the obligitory body swap episode. I did enjoy Doc's and Luka's dynamic this episode. I think Doc suits his "default" style more. :laughing:

Jason David Frank's - My Morphing Life, Ep3

Yep. His first one was pretty weird as well. I like the occasional non serious eps though.

Looking at the ep descriptions of future SMF eps seems ep 11 will be based on the first Zealousto ep.... though where as that in Gokaiger was also a tribute ep to Carranger which was the Show, PR: Turbo was based off the ep description I see doesn't seem to suggest it would be a tribute to Turbo in any way ....

Anyway, got to the obligitory body swap episode. I did enjoy Doc's and Luka's dynamic this episode. I think Doc suits his "default" style more. :laughing:

Also seems this ep will get a SMF version in ep 13, but it'll be Jake and Noah swapping bodies.... guess in the US they don't want to deal with the "guys mind in a girls body" scenario.

Don't know why they would bother translating both those eps to SMF, there's much better eps they could have used. And they'll have to do a fair amount of original footage for the body swap ep since they won't be able to use the original Green/Yellow tag team fight at the end....which I thought was awesome, especially with Doc's mind in Lukas body and pulling up the skirt on the Yellow suit, that little bit really help sell the body swap idea as it did seem like a guy trying to get comfortable in the fighting suit.

Looking at the ep descriptions of future SMF eps seems ep 11 will be based on the first Zealousto ep.... though where as that in Gokaiger was also a tribute ep to Carranger which was the Show, PR: Turbo was based off the ep description I see doesn't seem to suggest it would be a tribute to Turbo in any way ....

I thought they were going to skip it at this point, especially since it was before Gai in Gokeiger. Maybe Silver just won't fight or be in at at all in this episode? I don't think they reshoot the Zord battles?

Also seems this ep will get a SMF version in ep 13, but it'll be Jake and Noah swapping bodies.... guess in the US they don't want to deal with the "guys mind in a girls body" scenario.

That's really disappointing, I did half think they would skip this episode as well but I was hoping if they did do the episode they would keep it Gia and Jake since Jake already likes Gia, they could have made some jokes that older viewers would get but your probably right and they they wanted to avoid it entirely. It greatly loses the impact of the episode though, Jake and Noah aren't that different really.

Don't know why they would bother translating both those eps to SMF, there's much better eps they could have used. And they'll have to do a fair amount of original footage for the body swap ep since they won't be able to use the original Green/Yellow tag team fight at the end....which I thought was awesome, especially with Doc's mind in Lukas body and pulling up the skirt on the Yellow suit, that little bit really help sell the body swap idea as it did seem like a guy trying to get comfortable in the fighting suit.

I must have missed where he pulled the skirt up but I saw him pull it down again, I thought it was a great touch. I agree with the tag team at the end, was great.

They bit where they first got switched but messed up the attacks as they were trying to use 2 swords/guns was funny, and Luka messed up the introductions. Luka setting up getting those girls phone number... Hinting at the end Luka likes Doc It was a great ep all round so hopefully they can do it justice.

Both episode will require a lot of original footage so I'm kinda confused why they bothered using those episodes in that regard.

Suuuper! Ninjaman is voiced by Kazuki Yao, one of the few Japanese voice actors I can regonise anywhere!

Down to the last 5 episodes...

I enjoyed those Ninjaman eps, even if the first was just a recap ep :)

Just powered through the last 5 eps myself with the son.

Loved it :D

Gonna miss those characters....especially Luka...:D

The final scene

...with all the keys returning to their owners and the last bit with AkaRanger suiting up was pretty good.... hope there's a similar moment at the very end of Super Megaforce to pay tribute to MMPR...most likely will prolly be with Tommy if there is.

Really loved the final battle Marvelous had with Basco too.... that sword stab through his own foot into Bascos to hold him still was an epic move, surprising too....won't see anything like that in SMF I bet.

Will prolly end up rewatching it sometime haha

That's really disappointing, I did half think they would skip this episode as well but I was hoping if they did do the episode they would keep it Gia and Jake since Jake already likes Gia, they could have made some jokes that older viewers would get but your probably right and they they wanted to avoid it entirely. It greatly loses the impact of the episode though, Jake and Noah aren't that different really.

Exactly... be looking forward to seeing how they handle it but yeah I don't see much point in doing that change.

I must have missed where he pulled the skirt up but I saw him pull it down again, I thought it was a great touch. I agree with the tag team at the end, was great.

Originally I didn't see when it was pulled up but did spot during the fight it was pulled up, had to rewatch it to spot when it happened, think it was very quickly...but the pulling donw of it was made very obvious....anything that draws attention to Lukas ass is fine by me :D

They bit where they first got switched but messed up the attacks as they were trying to use 2 swords/guns was funny,

Indeed, I loved that, I had an idea they would switch bodies when I saw the attack that hit them but was expecting an instant "OMG I'm in teh wrong body" moment. When they got up and began to fight I thought "maybe I was wrong".... then when they started attacking thinking they had different weapons that was brilliant, especially "Doc" as Luka holding swords and going "bang bang bang bang" :D

Just powered through the last 5 eps myself with the son.

Loved it :D

Watched the last 5 eps, great ending. Now I'm depressed there's no more Gokaiger. :(

Will have to give the movies a watch at some point.

Gonna miss those characters....especially Luka...:D

Yep! ;) :p :cry:

Really loved the final battle Marvelous had with Basco too.... that sword stab through his own foot into Bascos to hold him still was an epic move, surprising too....won't see anything like that in SMF I bet.

I'm not really sure how they will incorporate Basco, going by the upcoming SMF epside summaries they only have 4 episodes to introduce him. I'm sure they'll avoid him

Blowing up Sally

as well if they do though. They are already trimming down the Gunman World and Prince episodes down to 1 episode each.

They still need to deal with Gosei Knight at some point. I think he'll return in one of the episode then ends up turning into a key. They seem to have forgotten about him at the moment though.

But yeah, the final fights didn't disappoint. I was happy to see

MMPR Red using Green's armor

make an appearance.

So turns out the Utlimate Treasure was

the Triforce!

Indeed, I loved that, I had an idea they would switch bodies when I saw the attack that hit them but was expecting an instant "OMG I'm in teh wrong body" moment. When they got up and began to fight I thought "maybe I was wrong".... then when they started attacking thinking they had different weapons that was brilliant, especially "Doc" as Luka holding swords and going "bang bang bang bang" :D

They should be able to use the same joke, hopefully they keep in Doc's "Zany" battle style.

Edited by Ike

DO WANT NOW PLEASE!!!!!!

Still waiting on Toys R US UK to get in the Green/White Ranger Morpher and coins too....HURRY UP

Amazon UK seems to have it in stock.

Kinda want the Gokaiger Gun./Sword but I can't find them for non insane prices.

51Bh41EcPuL._SL1500_.jpg

61qJjRceI0L._SL1500_.jpg

Watched the last 5 eps, great ending. Now I'm depressed there's no more Gokaiger. :(

Will have to give the movies a watch at some point.

I just watched Go-Busters vs Gokaiger The Movie....was epic! especially the final battle! And a hell of a surprise in the middle of the final battle too, just before they break out the zords :D Found it in the same place I got all teh Gokaiger eps from...but they don't have any of teh other movies with Gokaiger in them it seems :(

I don't want to spoil anything, I'll leave you to watch it yourself :wink:

Also I was thinking of watching Kyoryuger next which is the show after Go-Busters... having not really looked much into Go-Busters and the Dino theme of Kyoryuger appealing to me more was about to overlook Go-Busters..... but after watching this movie might just give it a go.

They seem to pay tribute to MMPR in it too cause when th Go-Busters morph they say "It's Morphing Time" :D haha

Was also very awesome seeing Marv and crew (and Luka of course) in a new story....even though it's only been a few days since finishing Gokaiger :D

I think Saban really missed a trick in how they approached Power Rangers, as much as PR will always have that place of nostalgia for me I kinda do wish they made things more epic like the Sentai shows by regularly having team up specials... I know they did it in shows in some eps some maybe even for a 2 parter, but after seeing the Goseiger vs Gokaiger movie and not Gokaiger vs Go-Buster movie, Saban sure as hell don't do things to their level :(

I'm not really sure how they will incorporate Basco, going by the upcoming SMF epside summaries they only have 4 episodes to introduce him. I'm sure they'll avoid him

Blowing up Sally

as well if they do though. They are already trimming down the Gunman World and Prince episodes down to 1 episode each.

Yeah I don't think we'll see any of Basco's eps translated to SMF which is a shame.

They still need to deal with Gosei Knight at some point. I think he'll return in one of the episode then ends up turning into a key. They seem to have forgotten about him at the moment though.

My guess is they'll explain Robo Knight in on of those 5 eps that don't have a title yet.... prolly gonna be alot of original footage in those eps my guess.... though before that in the next ep when ever it airs and Silver gets his Gold mode I wonder if they'll even acknowledge that Robo Knights face is on the Gold armor?

But yeah, the final fights didn't disappoint. I was happy to see

MMPR Red using Green's armor

make an appearance.

So turns out the Utlimate Treasure was

the Triforce!

Haha yeah those were awesome, I didn't even want to spoiler tag those in my last post in case you were tempted to read and spoiled the surprise.... that "appearence" had better get used in SMF at some point!

Amazon UK seems to have it in stock.

WHAT? I thought Toys R Us had exclusivity on the legacy stuff? Damnit I could have saved a fair bit on my Green/White Morpher with them...when did they start stocking it?

WIll start saving for the Dragon Dagger so.... might order it next month!

EDIT

Oh yeah, found this the other day forgot to post it

It's a mini-episode of Gokaiger, takes place after Kaizorg is destoryed, think it was a bonus on a DVD. It only features Gai and Marvelous but it still pretty awesome :D

Oh yeah speaking of Gai.... did he grow on you as the show went on? And what did you think of his Xmas special morph?

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

Thinking about it, the last episode is going to be quite different (obviously).

First half of the episode is the Legendary Battle, then they use the power of Rangers to destroy the fleet but this doesn't use up the powers(?)

Second half takes care of the fight with the Emperor who comes down to Earth after the Armada is destroyed.

Unless they are going to end up giving up their powers and they mix it up by defeating the Emperor first then taking out the fleet...

They will probably ignore the Red/ & Silver battle on the ship as that required Basco to be introduced and Navi neither of which are present unless they reshoot it. At least Orion would have a motive.

I wonder how they will handle Damaras and Levira, will they get their own episodes? In which case leaves 2 episodes unaccounted for.

I just watched Go-Busters vs Gokaiger The Movie....was epic! especially the final battle! And a hell of a surprise in the middle of the final battle too, just before they break out the zords Found it in the same place I got all teh Gokaiger eps from...but they don't have any of teh other movies with Gokaiger in them it seems :(

Aw, I wanted to see the Ghost Ship movie.

vlcsnap-2014-05-19-22h19m35s188.png

WHAT? I thought Toys R Us had exclusivity on the legacy stuff? Damnit I could have saved a fair bit on my Green/White Morpher with them...when did they start stocking it?

WIll start saving for the Dragon Dagger so.... might order it next month!

Judging by the reviews, around February. I'm wondering if Toys R Us just had exclusive rights to the Megazord and the regular morphers? Can't find those being sold directly by Amazon. Or Amazon just doesn't care. :shrug: It just came up when I was looking for Gokaiger stuff.

Oh yeah speaking of Gai.... did he grow on you as the show went on? And what did you think of his Xmas special morph?

I found him a bit less annoying later on. He does have his moments, such as his Christmas Morph. ;) He's not exactly top of my list of favourites though. :p

It was a clever way to give the crew a way to learn about the other Super Sentai instead of them just looking it up on some sort of Wikipedia. But also to pass on some excitement/hype when meeting the legacy rangers to the viewer who may not be familiar with that series or if your like me, the actors since I've never seen the Japanese shows. I thought that helped.

Anyway, some more of my favourite Doc moments from later eps.

vlcsnap-2014-05-19-22h16m37s248.png

Doc box! Doc in a box?

And yes, those 2 episodes about Doc lying about being a Hero and then ended up saving them all were probably my favourite.

vlcsnap-2014-05-19-22h20m11s148.png

vlcsnap-2014-05-19-22h20m20s4.png

vlcsnap-2014-05-19-22h20m30s82.png

So funny how they drew attention to it. :laughing:

Edited by Ike

Thinking about it, the last episode is going to be quite different (obviously).

First half of the episode is the Legendary Battle, then they use the power of Rangers to destroy the fleet but this doesn't use up the powers(?)

Second half takes care of the fight with the Emperor who comes down to Earth after the Armada is destroyed.

Unless they are going to end up giving up their powers and they mix it up by defeating the Emperor first then taking out the fleet...

They will probably ignore the Red/ & Silver battle on the ship as that required Basco to be introduced and Navi neither of which are present unless they reshoot it. At least Orion would have a motive.

I wonder how they will handle Damaras and Levira, will they get their own episodes? In which case leaves 2 episodes unaccounted for.

Yeah I think the final ep in SMF will be ...

similar to as you say, the Mega War will happen and it'll be during that when the SMF rangers will break away to fight the Emperor on their own while the past rangers deal with the armada... though I'd put a good bet on Tommy having a say in the final fight with the Emperor too.

One thing Tommy better get is his own SMF Morpher so he can use all 5 of his own past ranger keys.... would be cool if any other returning actor who was more than one ranger could do the same but since Tommy has a record 5 past ranger forms he should at least get a scene where he can morph between all of his ranger forms!

Don't know how they'll deal with Damaras and Levira either, but if at the very least they should take Damaras final battle from Gokaiger for that "Red/Green" moment :wink:

Aw, I wanted to see the Ghost Ship movie.

Me too...

Just did a quick search on Youtube... this might be it

Just took a quick glance over it, don't have a chance to watch it till later but seems right.... though shorter than I expected, only 30mins..thought would be at least an hour

The film I'm looking for though if the Kamen Rider crossovers...can't seem to find them on YT either at the mo, only trailers it seems

I found him a bit less annoying later on. He does have his moments, such as his Christmas Morph. ;) He's not exactly top of my list of favourites though. :p

It was a clever way to give the crew a way to learn about the other Super Sentai instead of them just looking it up on some sort of Wikipedia. But also to pass on some excitement/hype when meeting the legacy rangers to the viewer who may not be familiar with that series or if your like me, the actors since I've never seen the Japanese shows. I thought that helped.

Yeah I liked that he was more that just an extra character but also helped the Gokaigers with his Sentai knowlegde.... in SMF they get all their info from Noahs tablet :heh:

Funny moment in the Go-Buster cross over when Gai meets one of teh Go-Busters and does his usual "OMG You're from he 36th Super Sentai"... then stops and goes "Wait why am I excited, I'm the veteran here".... that's all teh spoilers you get from that... go find and watch it...NNNNAAAWWWWWW

Anyway, some more of my favourite Doc moments from later eps...

Loved that moment myself, Doc's own reaction to it was just great

vlcsnap-2014-05-19-22h20m30s82.png

So funny how they drew attention to it. :laughing:

The film I'm looking for though if the Kamen Rider crossovers...can't seem to find them on YT either at the mo, only trailers it seems

Somehow my son managed to find it while messing with Youtube on the Wii U Browser...no idea how he found it, I just came into the sitting room and he was watching it....my son is awesome :D

The sub group do have the ghost ship and Gavin movies. Downloading the Go-Busters movie but it's 6GB! :o

That bonus episode was...disturbing. :p

@Mokong

[tweet]495757651788451840[/tweet]

Woot looking forward to that. Should start getting more past ranger cameos too as we get closer to the end. Looking forward to seeing Tommy return :D

I miss Goseiger. :(

You mean Gokaiger yeah?

You mean Gokaiger yeah?

Ah yeah, forgot how to spell it and got the wrong one. >.<

Just watched the new episode of Super Megaforce

Was a decent conversion of the original Gokaiger episode

Though I could tell they really struggled we a script for Orion to go with Gai's movements when he was trying to decide between RPM Gold and Silver and combines them, thought they might have made their own original footage for that. But seems all the original footage budget went to getting Megaforce/Goseiger suits into the season.

Think Gai's fanboy freakout in the original worked much better than Orions confusion (why they didn't just make Orion an Earthling who was a Power Ranger fanboy I'll never know, it would have worked so much better)

Also when it came to Orions Gold Mode, looks like they are using the original footage of that with RoboKnight/GoseiKnight's key being used and his head on the armour. In the "vision" sequence though they only showed Robo Knight with his back to the camera and when they did the close up of the 6th Rangers masks they didn't show Robo Knight close up. No mention of him from the other rangers either at the end which I was hoping for so looks like they are just gonna ignore :heh:

EDIT

Oh yeah almost forgot this

JDF's My Morphin Life Episode 6

Edited by Mokong

Just watched the new episode of Super Megaforce

Was a decent conversion of the original Gokaiger episode

Though I could tell they really struggled we a script for Orion to go with Gai's movements when he was trying to decide between RPM Gold and Silver and combines them, thought they might have made their own original footage for that. But seems all the original footage budget went to getting Megaforce/Goseiger suits into the season.

Think Gai's fanboy freakout in the original worked much better than Orions confusion (why they didn't just make Orion an Earthling who was a Power Ranger fanboy I'll never know, it would have worked so much better)

Also when it came to Orions Gold Mode, looks like they are using the original footage of that with RoboKnight/GoseiKnight's key being used and his head on the armour. In the "vision" sequence though they only showed Robo Knight with his back to the camera and when they did the close up of the 6th Rangers masks they didn't show Robo Knight close up. No mention of him from the other rangers either at the end which I was hoping for so looks like they are just gonna ignore :heh:

Totally forgot the new eps are airing.

Judging by the leaked episode titles, I think they might find it hard to fit in in what happened to him. Although last time I checked there was a few untitles episodes, so maybe they squeeze him in. Or maybe he's just going to randomly return in the final battle.

Totally forgot the new eps are airing.

Judging by the leaked episode titles, I think they might find it hard to fit in in what happened to him. Although last time I checked there was a few untitles episodes, so maybe they squeeze him in. Or maybe he's just going to randomly return in the final battle.

Those untitled eps have titles now :wink:

I just spotted MMPR on Amazon's Prime streaming thing, and watched Green With Evil ep 1. It's funny how young they suddenly look. I remember when I was a kid, thinking "they look way older than school kids". Now that I'm an adult, they suddenly do seem like kids :p Tommy and Kimberly, especially.

Also it's funny to suddenly notice the inconsistency, how much is chopped and used from different sequences. Oh Green ranger's armour has changed from one type to the other between shots, oh now they're in the rocks, now they're on some steps, now they're near a forest :D

I can't believe I never noticed the Green Ranger shield changes when I was kid, remember the first time I found out/noticed when I was about 17 or 18 was like "no hold up that isn't in my memory, someone must be time travelling and changing the past!!!!" :heh: