NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Although the start section felt like a remake for The Breakfast Club.

Also this game coming out, not sure I really like the style though, it looks like a flash cartoon

I shouldn't judge the movie already but I'm not feeling it from that trailer.

The suits haven't really grown on me, the design of the power coins is a strange choice, they look tacky and not like gems, let alone coins.

Not sure the Twilight vibe is the right choice. The dystopian genre is going away with Hunger Games success falling away and the Divergent series going straight to video.

I know, it's Power Rangers, don't expect too much... but I honestly thought that was the point of this film - to reintroduce it to the world with a bang in this high-end superhero movie time. There might still be millage in teenage angst, but I just feel they could have done something better and more bold with it. John Carter, Maze Runner, Chronicle, Percy Jackson... This, feels 5 years to too late.

Isn't Divergent going to TV rather than video?

Not that that was your main point...

Isn't Divergent going to TV rather than video?

Not that that was your main point...

Oh maybe. I thought there was a video movie, that then might set up a TV show.

Who knows. Not really a film series worth much consideration anyway.

John Carter, Maze Runner, Chronicle, Percy Jackson... This, feels 5 years to too late.

I literally don't know what any of these things are. I think it looks good, from a perspective of not caring at all where it fits in its demographic.

Also this game coming out, not sure I really like the style though, it looks like a flash cartoon

So close to being a Power Rangers game akin to Viewtiful Joe!! Alas.

I literally don't know what any of these things are. I think it looks good, from a perspective of not caring at all where it fits in its demographic.
Thing is, with an outdated style, it will be a missed opportunity and we'll wait another 15 years for a reboot. Hope I'm wrong. It doesn't seem to be doing anything to elevate the brand to me.

This looks awesome. The movie looks awesome too. Next year is the year my childhood returns again!

That is not going to go down very well.... First thing I've not particularly liked the design of myself.

I'm not sure what to make of that trailer, it seems like a generic teen movie using the Power Rangers brand as subtly as possible. The characters also seem annoying AF. I was hoping they'd just go all out crazy with this and embrace the weirdness of it, have Tokyo Mirage Sessions level fights, crazy bad guys and mega electric guitars.

Instead the suits are dull and gross whilst the music uses a few notes from the theme to that annoying 'BUUUU BUUUU' you hear in every film since Inception.

Instead the suits are dull and gross whilst the music uses a few notes from the theme to that annoying 'BUUUU BUUUU' you hear in every film since Inception.

Do you mean BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH?!

Haha yes, that's exactly what I mean! It at least seemed to fit the style of Inception

Manga UK acquires license for MMPR.

Beginning April 2017, Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers will be available in the UK on DVD in three Complete Season Collections, followed by Power Rangers Dino Charge and Dino Super Charge later in the year.

Not a big fan of the design for the Megazord but rest of the trailers look good! Love the lines between Zack and Billy.

"I'm Black!"

"What?"

"I am!"

"No, you are not!"