NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

ha3Vb0A.jpg

People are speculating she will be the Green Ranger in some form. This better not happen.

I think it's a pretty cool idea. I think it might be important to quickly get away from any notions that this will be a "faithful" retelling of the original TV series instead of a modern re-imagining, and accept it taking any liberties it likes to tell its own story. It's not as if MMPR is some masterfully crafted story that must not be tampered with in the first instance.

I rather have Saban/Liongates' own unique story instead of rehashing Toei's Super Sentai series. The Power Rangers costumes and Zords better to be different to the MMPR/Zyuranger costume tbh.

These will no doubt draw inspiration from the MMPR costumes. They're the vast majority of fans favourites, and dino zords have the most mass market appeal.

Like the suits worn by the rangers in the first movie were more armoured, I'd definitely expect that to happen again; especially based on Rita, and the fact they'll be wanting to market them as superheroes.

Look a bit like Iron Man.

And why are the girls suits so booby?

They look way overdone.

Fits in with the Rita/Green Ranger speculation, though.

Will this have Zordon in it? And Alpha 5? And more importantly, will it have a radical guitar solo for the theme tune?

Does anyone feel like the red ranger in that photo is just standing there, silently judging them?

Ahem

According to director Dean Israelite, the costumes are actually “translucent extraterrestrial armor that crystallizes around their bodies.” He continues: "Ours is an alien costume that grows on them, that’s not man-made. You can’t win everyone over, but we are trying to appeal to a more mature audience and gain new fans.”

Instantly kind of less interested.

Does anyone feel like the red ranger in that photo is just standing there, silently judging them?

Does anyone else feel like the yellow ranger is leaning ever so slightly too far forward?

Ahem

According to director Dean Israelite, the costumes are actually “translucent extraterrestrial armor that crystallizes around their bodies.” He continues: "Ours is an alien costume that grows on them, that’s not man-made. You can’t win everyone over, but we are trying to appeal to a more mature audience and gain new fans.”

Instantly kind of less interested.

f98b529c9861a0c85ed6a3a7245fe6ce.jpg

It's like Iron Man and Tron fucked.

They do look too busy, and I'm not sure why they've all got a glowing blue diamond... as a result the red suit doesn't work, the black suit looks the coolest, whilst the blue ranger looks like some kind of weird AI.

Complex space suits. Hopefully - with so much these days - they look better in motion.

Also, what's going on with those shitty wooden boxes they're standing on?

Also, what's going on with those shitty wooden boxes they're standing on?
New Zords.

Disappointing with using the Zyuranger theme again but fucking love Guyver inspired alien suit. I wonder the diamonds are like a portal into the morphing grid aka their power source.

New Zords.

Here's some leaked footage of the Zord fights.

boxing-o.gif

The suits look terrible.

Why do the women have heels/wedges? organic material over their bodies? which grows heals?

and why do they look like they have colour coded high waist thongs/mankini's over their suits? (the blue one being the most prominently out of place)

why didn't they go more bat in the sun updated green ranger look? rather than Green Lantern CGI suit? i mean that worked so well for Ryan Reynolds to joke about in everything since

Hang on...did Zordon name the Zords after himself? That's a bit megalomaniacal isn't it? Especially since he's just a big bald head in a tube.

Speaking of Zords, I'm sure I've looked for the scene since and had no luck... but in one of the earlier Power Rangers series, going no further than the Shogunzords (as I think that's when I stopped watching) was there a scene where you actually saw the Zords standing in a hanger? a bit like how you'd see the Thunderbirds... or have I made that up in my head at some point?

You probably saw the Zeo and Turbo since they have the mechas stored in the hangers.

You probably saw the Zeo and Turbo since they have the mechas stored in the hangers.
Possibly the Zeo then, but I don't know, I just have in my head that it was an earlier Zord type - maybe the Thunderzords - and only ever just one scene, which is what made it stand out to me. Possibly I made it up :p