NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

However, what abomination was that black zord all about? Since when has Zack ridden to battle on a stag beetle?

IKR? Apparently they are all alien "transformers-like" zords that take on the appearances of the strongest animals from 65 millions years ago. Also the guys behind the film thought it look weird with 4 legs so they added more legs...

Apparently they're still calling it a Mastodon? What the heck? be73e7120a98e4f10eabc46e400b9b9c.jpg

I always remember it being called a Mastodon in the series that I watched as a kid?

Tyrannosaurus

Mastodon

Triceratops

Saber-Toothed Tiger

Pterodactyl

They were the ones from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Mega nostalgia watching the opening sequence.

Edited by Charlie

Oh yeah, my grievance is that they didn't just give him a Mastodon. They gave him beetlebot. It's such a bizarre decision...

Think they got it confused with the Beetleborgs?

Maybe we'll get the Masked Rider in the sequel!

Masked%2BRider%2BBlack%2B90%2527s%2BFilipino%2BDubbed%2B%2BJapanese%2BTokusatsu%2BIBC%2BRetro%2BPilipinas%2BFeature.png

Just got back from watching this. It was a funny, enjoyable romp that took a little while to warm up and then ploughed through the main act but all the while being very entertaining. Easily a cut above anything like Transformers. Billy's lines were brilliant. The nostalgia and callbacks were awesome too. The minor twist with Zordon really carried the story well.

I don't know if its the screen I watched it on but I found a lot of the movie dark, blurry and hard to follow. Especially the bit at the quarry at night at the beginning. Or maybe I was just tired :hmm:

I hope any sequels don't just rush into a long action-adventure piece and continue to explore character a bit.

I don't know if its the screen I watched it on but I found a lot of the movie dark, blurry and hard to follow. Especially the bit at the quarry at night at the beginning. Or maybe I was just tired :hmm:

I hope any sequels don't just rush into a long action-adventure piece and continue to explore character a bit.

May have been you/your screen. I'm fairly fussy/critical of that kind of thing and didn't struggle too much with this.

Totally agree on the second point I've quoted. Characters in this are the best thing about it.

I thought it was ok but not great. Really could have used a lot more on the ground fights. I think it says something that a big budget movie couldn't live up to a 90s kids show with people in spandex fighting.

As for the characters they did a good job with Jason, Kimberley and Billy but Zack and Trini may as well have just not been in it. They really need to get more focus in a sequel.

Zones looked crap, not much else I need to say about that.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear all the talk about the Zeo crystal. I hope they continue with that kind of stuff.

I've been in bed all day (full of man flu) and decided to finally give the new movie a watch. Utter tripe. This is not my Power Rangers.

I had to sit through an hour and a half of the Breakfast Club to finally get to some action, only for it to be absolutely rubbish. They hardly fought the putty patrol and the Zord fight was garbage, as well.

The Megazord was a huge disappointment. The thing looked nothing like as if the other Zords had joined together. It just looked like some reject off of the Transformers set.

Speaking of which, I think Transformers done a better job of bringing the franchise to the big screen than this did. Both have problems but I feel they are far more noticable with this film.

Both properties confuse me. Power Rangers and Transformers are both still going but aren't even close to being as popular as they were when they first came out, so why not respect the franchise and appeal to those who actually grew up with them? Granted, it worked out very well for Transformers given their box office results, but this fell flat on its face.

The original Transformers animated movie has still yet to be beaten when it comes to transferring a kids show to the big screen.

Just had a message that the Aniki Power Rangers helmet I ordered back in November is ready to be shipped. These are the guys that do the show quality replicas so I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks, especially next to the cheaper plastic one I bought last year (which looks good on its own to be fair). I spent ages at the time debating between the White Ranger MMPR helmet and the Gold Ranger Zeo one. If I ever have any spare money I may have to order the Gold one...

Here's the photo they sent of my finished one.

ndISPzX.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah. I had it preordered for a while (which was one of the reasons I didnt get the Aniki version of it) but I've cancelled it for now. If its anything like the Red Ranger one it will drop in price to around £70.

It's gonna be hard to resist buying it if I see it on one of my regular trips to Forbidden Planet.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's gonna be hard to resist buying it if I see it on one of my regular trips to Forbidden Planet.

If you can dig through all the Funko Pops to get to it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

If you can dig through all the Funko Pops to get to it

Haha! Thankfully they are on the other side of the shop. Gonna be weird when that bubble finally burst as they will have a huge section of the store to fill.

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha! Thankfully they are on the other side of the shop. Gonna be weird when that bubble finally burst as they will have a huge section of the store to fill.

I go to various Comic Cons over the year and its terrible just how many stalls are set up which sell exclusively Funko Pops.

6 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Is that the same storyline that has been going on in the comics?

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yes. As far as I know it’s actually a trailer for that comic storyline.

Just now, Happenstance said:

With the trailer being live action I thought they were adapting it to the series or something because they already had a trailer for the comic book storyline line a month or two back but it was just some art with Tommy doing the voice over. Very tempted to play catch up with the comic and get ready for this event. 

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

With the trailer being live action I thought they were adapting it to the series or something because they already had a trailer for the comic book storyline line a month or two back but it was just some art with Tommy doing the voice over. Very tempted to play catch up with the comic and get ready for this event. 

Its a really good comic series. I need to catch up myself actually, not sure what issue I read up to.

Ok, not up to date on this, but was that a new series or feature length film type thing. It looked pretty awesome. 

9 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Ok, not up to date on this, but was that a new series or feature length film type thing. It looked pretty awesome. 

See...

On 3/23/2018 at 8:05 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

On 3/23/2018 at 8:07 AM, Happenstance said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1