NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

So finally got my Green/White Ranger Edition Legacy Morpher :D

Pic with "Normal" edition

SV201312_zpsf5db6338.jpg

And of course an Unboxing vid :D

I was at Toy's r Us on Saturday and saw these bad boys (The original Morpher and Megazord), but they were too expensive... £70 for the Megazord!? Noooo...

Just watched Super Megaforce Ep 5 with me son..... it took them till ep 5 to finally get in a usage of the MMPR powers.....and it was awesome :D The only thing missing was they should have played the original theme music (actually been thinking they should play the theme for each team they change into) but other than that it was a lovely bit of nostaligia,

None of the eps since ep1 have been on youtube (or at least I not been able to find them there so had to find "other means" to view them).

Going back over all the eps for a min,

Ep2, was pretty good, it was an adaptation of the Gokaiger ep that was a tribute to the Sentai equivalent of SPD. The Super Megaforce version was good but they didn't have a cameo of any of teh actors/characters from SPD, which was a bit of a let down. With most of the Gokaiger tribute eps they had an actor from the show they are doing a tribute to have a cameo appearence, and it was by gaining that rangers respect that the Gokaiger team were able to unlock new powers for their Megazord. Here it was just explained as "you've mastered your SPD powers here's a new Megazord mode" in a kind of RPG gaining EXP points type way I guess. The rangers also used the "Dairanger" powers here, these were explained as Gosei saying when they were mid fight "you've now unlocked Legendary powers never before seen on Earth. My guess was they just needed them so later in the series when they have a 6th ranger they can have MMPR White appear alongside the Dairanger suits in a 6 person morph.

Ep3, was a bit of a weird one. The Gokaiger ep of this made sense, the monster of the week is a master swordman, Gokai Blue is a badass and also a master swordman and they develop a bit of a personal fued. In Super Megaforce, Blue is not a badass and certainly not a master swordsman so it doesn't make much sense why him and the MOTW develop such a rivalry. I think in this ep they also unlock the Mystic Force Megazord powers for the first time, even though the ep it was adapting wasn't a tribute ep to the Sentai version of Mystic Force...again feels like a missed opportunity to get a Mystic cameo in.

Ep4, adaptation of Gokaigers tribute to their version of Wild Force, of the Gokaiger eps I watched this was the only tribute ep to not have a cameo from a past ranger. Instead it centred around gaining the trust of Red Lion Zord. Super Megaforce followed it pretty much exactly from what I remember and was an ok ep.

Ep5, was tribute to Samurai and their first proper tribute ep as they had 2 cameos from the Samurai era :D Pretty good ep and as I said earlier they finally used the MMPR suits :D But what was very weird was during the last pre-zord fight not only did Red use the Dairanger powers again, which ok they were used previously and if in teh future they are tied to MMPR White when they have a 6th man then fine. But Yellow and Pink both morphed into Pre-Zyuranger suits which was very weird and shocking. Yellow used Yellow Mask from Maskman, which she declared was "Legendary Blitz" when she mprhed into it and Pink used Pink Flash from Flashman, didn't give it a name. One of them said something liek "Bet you didn't see this coming" which I guess was a line fully aimed at the older nostalgic viewer/fan who is also aware of the Sentai shows. Hope they aren't planning something like using pre-zyu suits more and more as teh show goes on. This is meant to be a Power Rangers anniversary show, Diaranger kinda has a place in that cause of MMPR White Ranger but anything pre-zyu just feels wrong. Consider the Gokaiger double ep that this was based on (and condensed into one ep) had a fair few other pre-Zyu suits that obviously didn't make it into the ep I wonder why these two were kept....or was Saban just too lazy or something :heh:

Next weeks ep should be a good one, will be a Tribute to Jungle Fury and and Jungle Red will cameo as he is also directing the ep. Think the Gokaiger ep of that was the last Gokaiger ep I saw too.

Just watched Super Megaforce Ep 5 with me son..... it took them till ep 5 to finally get in a usage of the MMPR powers.....and it was awesome :D The only thing missing was they should have played the original theme music (actually been thinking they should play the theme for each team they change into) but other than that it was a lovely bit of nostaligia,

Yeah, couldn't stop smiling at that bit. Glad they used it for someone important, even if he didn't end up doing much himself. Episode has been the best episode so far.

Ep2, was pretty good, it was an adaptation of the Gokaiger ep that was a tribute to the Sentai equivalent of SPD. The Super Megaforce version was good but they didn't have a cameo of any of teh actors/characters from SPD, which was a bit of a let down. With most of the Gokaiger tribute eps they had an actor from the show they are doing a tribute to have a cameo appearence, and it was by gaining that rangers respect that the Gokaiger team were able to unlock new powers for their Megazord. Here it was just explained as "you've mastered your SPD powers here's a new Megazord mode" in a kind of RPG gaining EXP points type way I guess. The rangers also used the "Dairanger" powers here, these were explained as Gosei saying when they were mid fight "you've now unlocked Legendary powers never before seen on Earth. My guess was they just needed them so later in the series when they have a 6th ranger they can have MMPR White appear alongside the Dairanger suits in a 6 person morph.

The 6th person being Tommy?

Ep3, was a bit of a weird one. The Gokaiger ep of this made sense, the monster of the week is a master swordman, Gokai Blue is a badass and also a master swordman and they develop a bit of a personal fued. In Super Megaforce, Blue is not a badass and certainly not a master swordsman so it doesn't make much sense why him and the MOTW develop such a rivalry. I think in this ep they also unlock the Mystic Force Megazord powers for the first time, even though the ep it was adapting wasn't a tribute ep to the Sentai version of Mystic Force...again feels like a missed opportunity to get a Mystic cameo in.

Oh good, that wasn't just me. The swordsman thing kinda came out of nowhere. I think they tried to make it so Blue was defending Pink and he ended up taking up a personal grudge against that monster but seemed rather flat.

We just finished Super Megaforce Ep6, tribute to Jungle Fury.

Was pretty good though followed the Gokaiger ep near to to the letter and I was hoping it might be a more original ep for some reason.

Still an enjoyable ep though, prolly even more so if you never saw Gokaiger and enjoyed Jungle Fury.

Had a weird moment again, similar to ep 3 with Super Mega Blue suddenly being a badass swordsman.

In the first fight with the Monster of the Week, Geen and Pink and brushed aside easy which in Gokaiger makes sense given their characters..... maybe for Pink in Super Megaforce it would seem fair enough but I do wish they subbed Green for Blue in this ep (and Blue for Green in the sword fight ep) and shot some original footage as that would have felt more in line with the american characters.

But that aside it worked out pretty decent. The scenes with Casey I enjoyed, and I liked how when he was training Green and Pink he taught them Snake and Phoenix styles respectively saying Green had teh Spirit of the Snake and Pink had Spirit of the Phoenix since they were the animals/creatures their Megaforce zords were based on that was a nice original addition.

Though I was hoping this would lead to some original footage in teh last fight with Green and Pink using those styles to fight the monster....sadly they just kept the the copy and paste footage from Gokaiger. Really big missed opportunity for some good original footage :(

Other than those little niggles though, decent ep.

The 6th person being Tommy?

That would be awesome but sadly not.... the 6th Ranger who will be Super Megaforce Silver is actually gonna make his first appearence next week going by the ep title and it a 2 parter ep too.

Looking forward to seeing how they set up the backstory for that character. WHile I've not seen the Gokaiger eps yet that introduced Silver from what I;ve read is he is an Earthling who was a Super Sentai fanboy and was chosen by the Spirits 3 dead 6th Rangers, DragonRanger, TimeFire and AbareKiller (In PR they would be MMPR Green Ranger, Time Force Quantum and Dino Thunder White)... in Super Megaforce from what I read Silver will be an alien and given none of PR's equivalent of those 3 rangers are dead be interesting to see how they explain this character suddenly becoming Super Mega Silver and having access to the powers of 6th Rangers.

Hope they do a good job, aside from ep3 (The Blue = Expert Swordsman ep) the eps so far have been pretty good and teh last too having cameos from past rangers have given the season that little extra special feel that it should have given its celebrating the anniversary.

As for Tommy, he is due to be in the final ep but going by some of the pics Jason David Frank has posted on his Facebook page I'd say he is prolly gonna comeo in at least one, maybe 2 others before the end (possible in somewhere between eps 16 - 19 given they haven't been given titles yet) and a small maybe in ep12 too since its a Tribute to Dino Thunder where he was the Black Dino Thunder Ranger.

Jason David Frank's My Morphin Life

Ep1- Guiness World Record

Ep2: Lexington Comic Con

No seems not :(

Seems to have taken a one week break for some reason, according to wiki next ep should be this weekend to air Saturday in the US

Watched ep 7 Silver Lining Part 1 the other day (cheers @Ike for pointing my in the right direction :wink:) with the son.

Enjoyed it.

Have also since managed to pick up Gokaiger again and have yesterday watched the ep that Silver Lining part 1 was based on and the 2 following eps. Really looking forward to seeing how Super Megaforce deals with the origins of the Silver ranger and how/if they'll explain how he has powers similar to that of Super Megaforce. The explainations in Gokaiger works so well, especially as it was an anniversary celebration season, I'm surprised Saban didn't copy Gokai Silvers backstory.

In Gokaiger, Silver is a normal guy who is a massive Super Sentai fanboy, he gets in an accident saving a little girl from getting hit by a truck and when in teh hospital is visited in a "dream" by the spirits of Dragon Ranger, Abarekiller and Time Fire (aka MMPR Green Ranger, Dino Thunder White, Time Force Quantum) who choose him to be the 6th Gokaiger and create for him the Gokai Silver Key and a new morpher. At the start of his 2nd ep the original 5 question how he's powers look like theirs and come to the conclusion that since Gokai Red got all the Gokaiger keys and morphers from AkaRed, Silvers story about where he got his they just go "Guess it's all Super Sentai anyway". Decent enough explaination.

In Super Megaforce though the Super Mega Silver has come from another planet (seemingly from one the Armada has previously invaded and enslaved/destoryed and wants revenge), ok that's fair enough but I wonder how or even if they'll explain how he got his powers and why they are similar to the ones Gosei gave the first 5 Super Mega Rangers. Should do in the very next ep this weekend so guess just wait and see.

Silver Lining Part 1 also had a fair amount of original footage shot which I didn't realise till I watched the Gokaiger ep. The fight where they all use teh Lost Galaxy powers was all original. In the previous ep in Gokaiger the Gokaigers got 15 new ranger keys, the keys for the 15 "6th" Rangers from various teams as they didn't have them before. From what I can remember of teh Keys lining the Super Megaforce command centre I don't remember seeing any keys of a 6th ranger on a team? Wonder will they just say the new guy for some reason they may never explain had them all along :heh: Anyway the fight in Super Megaforce where they used Lost Galaxy powers was originally the first time Gokaigers used those "6th" ranger keys. Oddly dispite them making new footage for PR of that fight they still played it out in near the exact same way down to how they find the monsters weak point.

If Silver Lining Part 2 will be an adaption of Gokai Silvers 2nd ep I'll be very interested in seeing how that last fight scene will play out. Cause to kinda welcome Gokai Silver to the team the other 5 morph into different past rangers who were Silver in colour....one of them being Gosei Knight, or Robo Knight as he was called in Megaforce. Wonder will they even have a Robo Knight key at any stage given how Robo Knight just vanished at end of Megaforce but seems to be suggested he will reappear somehow, having the rangers also have the ability to become him would seriously demand some explaination.

I'd say likely they'll prolly make some original footage for the fight at end of Silver Lining part 2 and replace Robo Knight with Titainium Ranger from Lightspeed Rescue since Titanium is unique to PR and never appeared in GoGo Five.

Also wondering how PR will then explain Silvers Zords. In Gokaiger it is explained as Gokai Silver getting the "Ultimate Powers" from Zyuranger, Abareranger and TimeRanger teams from his initial encounter in his dream with DragonRanger, Abarekiller and TimeFire, given to him along with his key and morpher (this kinda also explains why Gokaiger didn't have a Zyuranger tribute to gain their Ultimate power....yet they do still have tribute eps for Abareranger and TimeRanger...so don't know whats going on there). He then unlocks these Ultimate powers when he gets the keys for DragonRanger, Abarekiller and TimeFire. He uses the TimeFire key to call a zord "from the future" that is like a tank with a massive drill on front. He then uses teh DragonRanger key to transfor that into a Tyranosaurous Zord and then the Abarekiller key turns it into a Megazord mode.

So yeah there better be a good explaination in PR how this guy from another planet gets those zords....but likely they'll prolly just ignore it :(

BUT then when they do the next ep after Silver Lining Part 2 which has to be an adaptation of Gokai Silvers 3rd ep since it explains how he can combine two keys to create a combination key (such as combining the RPM Silver and Gold keys into one to be half and half) and then also how he gets his powered up "Gold Mode" armour. Firstly in Gokaiger, SIlver can do this because of his fanboy status and knowledge of past teams...so again how will this "alien" get this ability in PR....but also the Gold Mode armour has images of helmets of the 15 "6th" rangers on it....including GoseiKnight/RoboKnight.

3527768-gokaisilver_gold_mode.png

Will they just ignore the fact that RoboKnights face is there in PR or will they reshoot every Gold Mode scene and have there own gold mode armour made that has Titanium Rangers head in place of Robo Knights?

Questions questions questions :heh:

Also in Gokaiger the non-morphed Gokai Silver is very hyper and silly (in a funny good way)....the character in Super Megaforce looks like he's gonna be another super serious character.... PR needs a bit more fun in it :heh:

Edited by Mokong

Was in my sisters the weekend for my nephews birthday yesterday and as it happened there was a Power Rangers tour going on across Ireland in various Smyths Toystores and today there were in one not far from my sisters so we took the boys there for the afternoon.

Likely not the actual show actors since they never took off their helmets but was still pretty cool :)

SV201535_zps9593ecdc.jpg

Got a photo with Red, Black and Pink after the stage show, Blue and Yellow didn't stay but did walk through the line for the photos on their way off giving high fives and fist bumps (prolly a lunch break, I'm guessing only 3 of them stay for the photo sessions so they can rotate and take breaks....except Red he prolly has to stay there the full 5 hours with no break haha)

Oisín got super shy then we got up on stage with them and wouldn't stay on his own for the pic so I got to be in it too. Did my fair share of high fives and fist bumps with the rangers too haha.

I was meant to bring Oisíns Megaforce Morpher and was thinking to bring one of my 2 Legacy Morphers but when leaving our own place Saturday morning and making sure we had everyting packed that we needed for the baby for the weekend those slipped my mind...ggggrrrr

scan0001_zps8cefe816.jpg

Then when we got home today I managed to find and watch the new ep of Super Megaforce, ep8, Silver Linings part 2.

Kinda mixed, liked that they gave Orion (Silver) a proper(ish) backstory but.....

But do wish Gosei had explained better how the Silver Ranger Key and Morpher was on Orions planet all he says was

"Oh I thought the Silver key was destroyed with the planet"

Well how the hell did it get there and why was it hidden?

Kinda made a little bit of sense then that Orion after finding it would feel like he was being called by the past "6th rangers"... in a sense that he found the key and nothing else anyway.

I do prefer teh Gokaiger version more where Ikari was choosen by the "6th Ranger" to become the next 6th.

In Super Megaforce it's more like accidental faith.

The bloody extended "makeover" scene was annoying as shit though.... oh here try this on, no try this on.... serious we know if we see anything that does not have silver as the main colour it's not the final one. Felt like they were just taking up time because they were cutting out a lot of the Gokaiger action footage... sadly I was right about that :(

When the fight at the end came there was a fair amount cut out of it which was a shame. In Gokaiger there was this brilliant comedic moment when the irst "legendary morph" they use Shinkenranger/Samurai Rangers, Silver having not yet been linked to the Ranger Keys to be able to call on the one he wants to use asks Red for the "one with the Kenji on his mask" expecting to get Samurai Gold to match the others but instead gets and transforms into Zeo Gold, he then realises the mistake and Red gives him the proper key.

In SM they just skip right to him becoming Samurai Gold.

Then in Gokaiger there was an awesome moment I mentioned in my previous post where to welcome Silver to the team the other 5 become different Silver coloured rangers....they just cut that whole section out completely...gggrrrr.....

I had wondered how SM would approach this since one of the Gokaigers becomes GoseiKnight/Robo Knight and in SM they still haven't revealed yet what happened to Robo Knight and because the "Pirate" suits in Power Rangers are being used as an upgrade of the Megaforce suits (ie: I'm pretty sure this means in PR, the Megaforce Keys won't appear and can't be a "legend mode" as that would be like a downgrade in power cause of how they;ve approached this season....damnit Saban!" that likely means Robo Knight can't have a Key or be used in a Legend mode either.

Had hoped their might have been some original footage shot to replace that bit where they replaced Robo Knight with Titanium Ranger from Lightspeed Rescue...alas the it appears I'm smarter than the writers of Super Megaforce :heh:

Will be very interesting though to see how they handle Silvers, Gold Mode upgrade, which should be coming next season for reasons I mentioned in my previous post (also Robo Knight related)

The way they handled how Orion got access to his zords was decent enough though, still prefer Gokaigers way but this works too.

Though after Saban pretty much did a copy and past from Super Sentai to Power Rangers when they made Samurai I do wonder why he didn't go and do the same or keep things more similar to Gokaiger for this season. It started off great (bar ep 3 with Blue becoming a sudden badass swordsman) but the last 2 eps have felt a little lacking. I'm hoping that is just cause of how they want to set up Orions character and that maybe going forward it picks up again cause Silver Lining Part 1 & 2 have lacked a bit in action and legendary morphs..... and overall they need a bit mor "fun" in the show especially cause it's an anniversary. Gokaiger has that in spades, but Saban seems to be cutting a fair bit of that out :(

Hopefully though after this things will get better again, hope we get a good few more tribute eps too cause the ones of Samurai and Jungle Fury were both cool and enjoyed seeing previous rangers make a cameo (even if Samurai Red is IMO the worst of them all haha :heh:)

....Oh and also...WTF??? at Orion getting an Armada ship by shooting it down with a makeshift slingshot *facepalm*

The bloody extended "makeover" scene was annoying as shit though.... oh here try this on, no try this on.... serious we know if we see anything that does not have silver as the main colour it's not the final one. Felt like they were just taking up time because they were cutting out a lot of the Gokaiger action footage... sadly I was right about that :(

I agree it went on a bit too long and was a bit stupid, but it was nice having the rangers interact together a bit more, I feel like they don't do it enough in MF and would like to see some more. In MMPR you also had the Bulk & Skull "skits" which added some nice comedy.

I think my main problem is they don't seem to have much chemistry together and then it feels unnatural/forced when they do interact. I had a bit of a "they are?" moment when Emma and Gia said they were best friends last season.

Or it could be the bad acting. :P

Lol! Yeah, I was thinking how on earth would you be able to hit the ship using a slingshot, but of course he does.

....Oh and also...WTF??? at Orion getting an Armada ship by shooting it down with a makeshift slingshot *facepalm*

looks like its on a mid season break, no new ep this week and can't find any info on when it is gonna air?

Ah, hope it's not on a break too long, I thought it was just off due to being Easter.

Anyway watched 3 episodes of Gokaiger so far, it's quite a bit different to our SMF. Not sure which I prefer, I think keeping them separate is the best way to go. I do like how our Megaforce tied into Super Megaforce even if it does cause a few issues. I understand why they changed it so much after watching both (the Gokaiger aren't from Earth and start with no desire to defend it, they are just there for the treasure).

I thought it was weird how they just conveniently unlocked powers in (S)MF but it's even more random in Gokaiger, it just happens and they how no idea why, they don't even really now what the powers are. Bit confused how the Ranger powers from Earth ended up on some other planet, but I guess that will get explained later.

When I first heard of Gokaiger when it was first announce I got a massive One Piece vibe from it, and watching it properly I still get the same feeling. Marvelous has some similar traits to Luffy, Blue is probably Zoro (being the Swordmaster) and Doc is basically Usopp. :p

Edit: Watched Episode 4, the SMF version was actually pretty close, it felt just as random as well with Joe being a Swordsman. But yeah, Joe is basically Zoro. Looks like Yellow may be Nami. Pink doesn't really fit in with the any of the other Straw Hats though.

Edited by Ike

I thought it was weird how they just conveniently unlocked powers in (S)MF but it's even more random in Gokaiger, it just happens and they how no idea why, they don't even really now what the powers are.

It's not random in Gokaiger though they have to gain the approval of a member of a previous team to gain that teams "Legendary Power", I guess the first few times they don't realise how they gained the power but they soon figure out that they have to meet previous Sentai team members. In SMF the first two unlocked powers were totally random (Mystic Force and SPD) but since then they have unlocked the next few from the approval from a previous team.

Bit confused how the Ranger powers from Earth ended up on some other planet, but I guess that will get explained later.

It's quickly mentioned in the intro, bit bout the "Legendary War", but it's explained (and shown) in the Gosegier/Gokaiger crossover film which takes place after the 2nd part of the episode that introduces a character called "Basco".

Or if you want you can watch it now, it won't spoil anything for what happens in the eps beforehand (I actually watched the film before starting the show), here it is :wink:

It's not random in Gokaiger though they have to gain the approval of a member of a previous team to gain that teams "Legendary Power", I guess the first few times they don't realise how they gained the power but they soon figure out that they have to meet previous Sentai team members. In SMF the first two unlocked powers were totally random (Mystic Force and SPD) but since then they have unlocked the next few from the approval from a previous team.

That makes complete sense. Not sure why I blocked the whole thing out. That's what I get for watching when I'm tired.

It's quickly mentioned in the intro, bit bout the "Legendary War", but it's explained (and shown) in the Gosegier/Gokaiger crossover film which takes place after the 2nd part of the episode that introduces a character called "Basco"

I must of missed that part of the intro somehow. :woops:

Up to episode 13 of Gokaiger. I see a lot of episodes got cut from SMF, which makes sense, a lot of them wouldn't work without the Pirate theme. One episode was just an excuse to have Luka in a maid outfit. The episodes with the missiles was completely different as well.

It was bit of a shame we missed episode 8 with the Sneak Brothers as I thought it was a pretty good episode, focused more on comedy than action and set up the search for the Red Lion in the next episode.

The music keeps getting stuck in my head so I might have to reduce the number of episodes I watch. :p

I've not really watched any "live action" Japanese shows, it's kinda interesting/weird that the exaggerated "eeehhh" carries over from what I thought was an Anime only thing, do the Japanese really act like that?

Up to episode 13 of Gokaiger. I see a lot of episodes got cut from SMF, which makes sense, a lot of them wouldn't work without the Pirate theme.

Considering Gokaiger has 50 eps and SMF will only have 20 also they had to cut out a lot of stuff just form that (I think I read something that since Saban got the rights back from Disney and got Nick to broadcast in the USA, Nick capped them at 20eps a season)

One episode was just an excuse to have Luka in a maid outfit.

Any ep that puts Luka in the spotlight is good by me....Luka in a maid outfit.... never say no to that ep :D

The music keeps getting stuck in my head so I might have to reduce the number of episodes I watch. :p

LET'S GO LET'S GOKAIGER!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

haha, some reason I enjoy the theme song :awesome:

So you're around ep 13 now then? Did you watch the film I posted in my previous post yet? If not watch it after you watch ep 16 of the show that's when the film takes place, between ep16 and ep17 (some events from film get referenced a few times in eps after it)

I'm on ep 33 of Gokaiger now, some good eps ahead of ya :wink:

Oh if you are wondering who this guy is

KSG-AkaRed.jpg

You might have seen glimpses of him in some of Marvelous' flashbacks/memory scenes but you'll see a fair bit of him in eps 15 and 16 and he'll be referenced a few times after too.

He's called AkaRed, he's not a member of any Super Sentai team, don't know his full backstory of how he came to be but I think his first appearance was in the Super Sentai 30th Anniversary film for the show GoGo Sentai Boukenger (the show PR: Operation Overdrive was based on...which was the 15th annivesary season of PR).

Basically he's like the physical embodiment of the spirits/powers of all previous Red Sentai Rangers or something like that.

I'm hoping PR will pull out a suprise and have created their own version of AkaRed for teh finale of SMF.... prolly just a dream that though :(

Edited by Mokong

Considering Gokaiger has 50 eps and SMF will only have 20 also they had to cut out a lot of stuff just form that (I think I read something that since Saban got the rights back from Disney and got Nick to broadcast in the USA, Nick capped them at 20eps a season)

Hmm. That's weird. Oh well.

Any ep that puts Luka in the spotlight is good by me....Luka in a maid outfit.... never say no to that ep :D

She's so kawaiiadorable.

vlcsnap-2014-04-30-22h08m23s82.png

LET'S GO LET'S GOKAIGER!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

haha, some reason I enjoy the theme song :awesome:

Not helping! :p

So you're around ep 13 now then? Did you watch the film I posted in my previous post yet? If not watch it after you watch ep 16 of the show that's when the film takes place, between ep16 and ep17 (some events from film get referenced a few times in eps after it)

I'm on ep 33 of Gokaiger now, some good eps ahead of ya :wink:

Not yet, I was going to ask you when the best time would be in my last post but I forgot as usual. Seems like the show was pushing to watch it since it's being heavily advertised so I figure'd around now would be a good time. Got up to episode 16 (convenient!) on my tablet so will watch after I've seen them.

Oh if you are wondering who this guy is

KSG-AkaRed.jpg

Looks like a V-Jump mascot. :p

This is my favourite Doc moment from episode 8.

vlcsnap-2014-04-30-22h29m22s127.png

Makes me laugh. Also when the Zangyack where going through the crew's wanted posters and they got to his "Yeah, We don't have to worry about him"! :laughing:

She's so kawaiiadorable.

vlcsnap-2014-04-30-22h08m23s82.png

hhhmm.... wonder can I get a yellow jacket like hers for the wife and somehow get her to get her hair done like Lukas?

Not yet, I was going to ask you when the best time would be in my last post but I forgot as usual. Seems like the show was pushing to watch it since it's being heavily advertised so I figure'd around now would be a good time. Got up to episode 16 (convenient!) on my tablet so will watch after I've seen them.

Cool, I assume you'll prolly have watched it now.... what did you think of it? Opening scene with the full Legendary War was awesome I thought... can't wait to see Power Rangers version of that even though it'll have fewer rangers, they'll have Tommy back which alone will be awesome.... my only hope is that he gets his own special morpher and keys to be able to become any of the 5 rangers he's been in the past... would be awesome seeing him go from Green to White to Zeo Red to Turbo Red to Dino Thunder Black in one seqeunce *hopes*

This is my favourite Doc moment from episode 8.

vlcsnap-2014-04-30-22h29m22s127.png

Makes me laugh. Also when the Zangyack where going through the crew's wanted posters and they got to his "Yeah, We don't have to worry about him"! :laughing:

Doc is awesome haha, there's a few eps where I am where he got a good spot light for. Still don't think Jake as Green Pirate works well in SMF, all the silliness of his style seems out of place in SFM, but he's awesome in Gokaiger :D

If you like Doc wait till Gai gets introduced :D

Just watch ep 43 here, was actually a Christmas ep, contains a special morph that was pretty awesome haha

Cool, I assume you'll prolly have watched it now.... what did you think of it? Opening scene with the full Legendary War was awesome I thought... can't wait to see Power Rangers version of that even though it'll have fewer rangers, they'll have Tommy back which alone will be awesome.... my only hope is that he gets his own special morpher and keys to be able to become any of the 5 rangers he's been in the past... would be awesome seeing him go from Green to White to Zeo Red to Turbo Red to Dino Thunder Black in one seqeunce *hopes*

I have now (not watched any for awhile). Pretty cool seeing all the past rangers together. There's a lot of weird ranger designs, isn't there? :laughing:

Luka and Moune were great together.

I think my main complaint is that it doesn't really focus much on the past rangers, a lot of them get lumped together. Although with 33 different rangers I can see why they didn't.

I don't get why in the Legendary Battle they couldn't just use the Zords to take out the fleet? Apart from, you know, plot reasons.

Looking forward to seeing how they adapt it for SMF. There's not much they can reuse. :p

Doc is awesome haha, there's a few eps where I am where he got a good spot light for. Still don't think Jake as Green Pirate works well in SMF, all the silliness of his style seems out of place in SFM, but he's awesome in Gokaiger :D

Yeah, looks like they cut out a lot of Green's scenes in SMF. Some they can get away with since it seems like he's just messing about which fits in with his personality. His pose after they introduce themselves after morphing felt off in SMF. It's a bit weird when Doc does it as well to be honest.

I have been watching bits of MMPR Season 2, the Thunderzords suck. :p I find it amusing Zordon just makes Tommy the leader out of no where.

I always thought the White Ranger seemed like the odd one out, turns out it's because he's from a different series. Also I read he's 9 years old in the original. :o

Noticed the MMPR movie is on the UK Netflix as well. It got added a little while ago but I forgot to mention it.

Found this on IGN today.......

On the heels of their 20th anniversary last year, the Power Rangers are returning to the big screen. Power Rangers owners Saban are teaming with Lionsgate, the studio behind the Hunger Games and Saw franchises, for a new film. It sounds like it could be considered a reboot, in that the press release says it will “re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,” the original incarnation of the series.

"Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level," said Power Rangers creator Haim Saban, in a statement. "They have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from The Hunger Games to Twilight and Divergent. In partnership with the Lionsgate team, we're confident that we will capture the world of the Power Rangers and translate it into a unique and memorable motion picture phenomenon with a legacy all its own."

"We're thrilled to be partnering with Haim Saban and his team to maximize the potential of this immensely successful and universally recognized franchise," said Lionsgate Chief Executive Officer Jon Feltheimer. "The Power Rangers stories and characters have been embraced by generations of audiences for more than 20 years, and today they are more powerful than ever. We have the ideal partner and the perfect brand with which to create a motion picture event that will resonate with moviegoers around the world for years to come."

20th Century Fox released two Power Rangers movies in the 1990s, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie. Through its 21 years on the air, with many different casts playing different teams, the Power Rangers TV shows have maintained a loose continuity. Several Power Rangers alumni are set to guest star on the current Power Rangers: Super Megaforce, to celebrate the recent 20th anniversary, which is not the first time Rangers from the past have made return appearances. It remains to be seen if the new film, with its return to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers concept, will have any ties to the TV show continuity or be set apart completely.

NEW POWER RANGERS MOVIE!!! Based on the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers!

It's new pants Morphin' Time!

If you like Doc wait till Gai gets introduced :D

I don't like Gai, he's annoying. Hope they tone him down.

The Rex thing is a reference to the Dragonzord right? I got all excited thinking he would summon the original one. :(

I have now (not watched any for awhile). Pretty cool seeing all the past rangers together. There's a lot of weird ranger designs, isn't there? :laughing:

Yeah the Battle Fever ones are the weirdest of the lost, especially Pink (Miss America)...must try find some footage of that show see what it was like, haha.

battle_fever_j_by_blakehunter-d4263xr.jpg

Luka and Moune were great together.

vlcsnap-2011-12-15-14h51m41s52.png

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I think my main complaint is that it doesn't really focus much on the past rangers, a lot of them get lumped together. Although with 33 different rangers I can see why they didn't.

Well yeah they could have easily doubled the lenght of teh film if they focused more on each team, most teams do get their own tribute eps in the show too anyway. Alot of it was pretty much "WOOT look it's [insert team from past]" Was still pretty epic, hope teh SMF version turns out just as epic. They've got a few past rangers from different shows returning for it including Tommy so that alone should make it awesome :D

Yeah, looks like they cut out a lot of Green's scenes in SMF. Some they can get away with since it seems like he's just messing about which fits in with his personality. His pose after they introduce themselves after morphing felt off in SMF. It's a bit weird when Doc does it as well to be honest.

I think with Doc alot of his character is that when unmorphed he's quite and shy but when morphed the suit and the mask (and the power boost they're meant to gain from it I guess) gives him some extra confidence but since he's not a trained fighter he just "creates" his own style (ie: he improvises alot)

I have been watching bits of MMPR Season 2, the Thunderzords suck. :p I find it amusing Zordon just makes Tommy the leader out of no where.

I always thought the White Ranger seemed like the odd one out, turns out it's because he's from a different series. Also I read he's 9 years old in the original. :o

Yeah White Ranger came from teh show Dairanger, but they never used the main 5 Dairanger suits in MMPR as Saban wanted to keep the Zyuranger designs as he felt changing the suits might cause them to lose viewers or something. In hindsight I think he should have done it, would have saved them a lot of bother this season when they went and used the Dairanger suits in SMF and confused the shit out of things "Oh rangers you've unlock powers never before seen on Earth"...gah

And yeah in Dairanger the unmorphed White Ranger (Kibaranger) was a 9 year old.... PR did similar in the Power Rangers Turbo season when Blue was also 9 years old (yet both somehow grow when morphed)

sentai2616.jpg

I think tose suit desings were pretty cool, I like the helmets too, shame they were never used in MMPR season 2 so I guess kinda good they are using them in SMF... but my guess as before is this is only so they can use Gokaiger footage of White/Kibaranger with the Silver Ranger and teh rest of the team like the pic above which I'm sure is actually from Gokaiger and not actually Dairanger (the pose Green is pulling gives it away that that is Doc, haha)

Noticed the MMPR movie is on the UK Netflix as well. It got added a little while ago but I forgot to mention it.

Yeah I saw that too...but I bought the DVD a few weeks back anyway :D

Found this on IGN today.......

AWESOME NEWS!

Hope they keep it as a seperate continuity from the show.

Hope they go for similar armoured looking suits like they had in the first movie, I loved those suits. Would be awesome to see a Green Ranger suit finally in that armoured style :D

Also would be awesome to see the Dinozords and Megazord in hopefully some decent CGI!

I don't like Gai, he's annoying. Hope they tone him down.

WAT? Gai is awesome IMO :D Love his hyperness and his catch phrase when fighting morphed "I'm in the Silver spotlight now!" :D He does tone down a bit in some eps though and has a few serious eps too.

The Rex thing is a reference to the Dragonzord right?

GozyuRex I reckon is both a reference to the Tyranosaurus zord (in that it is T-Rex) and also the Dragonzord given how it uses its tail as a weapon like Dragonzord did.

I got all excited thinking he would summon the original one. :(

But sure you saw that zord already in SMF?

What ep are you at now... I got just 5 or 6 eps left, trying to hold off till saturday and watch them all in one go with the son :D

Edited by Mokong