N-Europe

Mass Effect 3

gaggle64

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

News: Mass Effect 3 "strongly rumoured" to feature 4-player Co-op mode.

Eurogamer understands this four-player, online-enabled co-op mode is "standalone" and features "competitive elements".

The co-op component is said to not compromise the single-player portion of the game.

Current reports suggest Mass Effect 3's multiplayer is a Horde-style mode, which challenges players to shoot-to-kill waves of enemies.

A separate source has told Eurogamer that BioWare Montreal was creating a multiplayer Mass Effect experience, either as a standalone game or component of Mass Effect 3.

My only question is "why?"

Anyway, various other interesting tidbits that have been floating around in the last few weeks if you've missed them -

- Helmets can be toggled to "on" "off" or "off in conversations only"

- New tech means better and more varied hair-dos will be available

- Better squad armour customisation

- Weapons are customisable, some with up to 5 modules, including squad weapons

- Powers can be evolved multiple times

- The whole game is designed to minimise the number of loading screens

- There will be fully developed gay & lesbian relationships to play out in ME3, though it's unclear if that means new LIs or not

- Female Shepard will feature on the Collectors Edition box and in an upcoming trailer

The "Confirmed Features" thread on the BioWare forums is worth a perusal.

Edited by gaggle64

- Helmets can be toggled to "on" "off" or "off in conversations only"

I still think it's hilarious that they removed this feature in Mass Effect 2. :indeed:

The rumored co-op mode sounds boring and pointless. Kind of missing the point of the game there, guys!

I still think it's hilarious that they removed this feature in Mass Effect 2. :indeed:

I'm guessing you used a pre-order outfit. Normal outfits had the option of different/no helmets.

Anyway, It's about time they announced more RPG-like elements like the customisation.

I'm hoping they optimise the Normandy - it was the place you visited the most and was the worst for loading screens. It should all be a single map.

I'm guessing you used a pre-order outfit. Normal outfits had the option of different/no helmets.

No, I played the game without a helmet, period. The first game let you play with an invisible helmet, so you got the advantages of wearing a helmet but could actually see Shepard's face.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind removing that feature. It's just one of those things that make no sense at all.

According to my "sources" EA will focus on a Female Sheppard as-well as a male Shepard. She will get her own trailer.

Is your source Gaggle? Because he posted about this eight hours ago. :p

- Female Shepard will feature on the Collectors Edition box and in an upcoming trailer

Dyson’s FemShep is on page.. 3 I think, at least with my settings, and there are a few more in the ME2 thread. Love to see a FemShep on the cover (or whatever they’re going to do)!

Not liking the multi‐player component. If it’s standalone, and doesn’t interfere with ME3’s production, I don’t care, but if it does, well, I prefer they put more time in ME3’s single‐player instead.

I wonder how they’l handle DLC though. Perhaps the multi‐player is DLC (I hope so, than I don’t have to bother with it). But it would be weird to have new missions, ME3 is of course supposed to wrap things up. They can’t end on a cliffhanger in order to get you to buy the DLC, that wouldn’t fit with their policy on DLC so far. Perhaps they’ll be backstories or stuff that happened between the games. Or perhaps it’s too soon to speculate about DLC ;).

They could just release DLC that takes place before the final mission. I've never liked the thought of post-game DLC, anyway.

Why? I hate having to have an active unfinished savefile to do DLC. It's an awful idea and that's why the DLC for Mass Effect 1 sucked

Why? I hate having to have an active unfinished savefile to do DLC. It's an awful idea and that's why the DLC for Mass Effect 1 sucked

I quite liked the BioWare-developed DLC mission for the first Mass Effect (though, admittedly, giving people an option of playing it without having to replay the game would probably have been a good idea). The other DLC mission was pretty horrid, though, but only because it was nothing but combat without any real new content.

I think mid-game DLC adds value to subsequent playthroughs, or if you're late at picking up the game. I like the thought of buying a game a year after release and getting a richer experience, or replaying it a couple of years later and having new things to discover. It's like a director's cut of a movie with additional scenes.

Post-game DLC, meanwhile... It's like you watch a movie and really enjoy it, and then two months later they release another scene, and then two months later yet another scene. The Death Star is blown up, Darth Vader is defeated, everything's right with the galaxy... but wait, there's (a little bit) more! The script works up to a climax, and then they just tack this additional story onto it. "Yeah, you've spent thirty hours defeating the main bad guy, but here's another bad guy you can defeat in an hour and a half."

Plus, I prefer playing DLC at the same time as the main game anyway. I'm unlikely to pick up a game again six months later just for two additional missions, and even if I do, I'm not going to remember what the story was or what gear I have - I probably won't even remember the controls.

Basically, I think BioWare got it right the first time with the expansion pack for Baldur's Gate, I never got the hate for the DLC for Mass Effect (the first mission, anyway) and I love that Obsidian is outright refusing to make any post-game DLC for New Vegas. Agree to disagree? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this has been posted but looks like GAME have the collectors edition for this (not 100% that no-one else is selling it). It is the same for 360 & PS3.

masseffect3_ce_v2.jpg

At £69.99 though it is more expensive than the Mass Effect 2 Collectors edition which was £55 i think from GAME. Still tempted to get it though...

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=16016

Edited by Mike1988uk

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!