Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Happenstance

How is that even possible dude?

It took us months to do that in Uncharted 2!

I've not looked at the trophies though, i'm only assuming they're somewhat similar to Uncharted 2.

They're not Jon, they're a hell of a lot easier. No hanging of ledges trying to kill people 50 times :heh:

oooooh ok.... :bowdown: Is it worth playing through more than once? Does the story change enough?

Yeah, there's a few different endings. All depends on what choices you made throughout the game, who you sided with. One of the trophies requires all th endings, so that's why I did it :heh:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall play this another two times. But not now. I just want to give it some space for now.

I'm all over the online, though.

I had a match on Museum yesterday. Chucked a grenade in the first three seconds as the other team were rushing us and I got a triple kill. Was so fucking awesome.

ONLINE AT 1 Y'ALL??

Up to chapter 8 in the campaign. Loved the Chateau bit.

Definitely finding the aiming a little unnecessarily challenging. Not as smooth as on UC2, which is really disappointing as it works perfectly online. Also finding that the movement is a little more finicky than the last game. Not sure if that's because of some of the new animations they've put in but again, it's not feeling as smooth. It's probably something that I'll get used to as I get a little further.

Only had time for 2 matches of Plunder online yesterday. Won both 5 - 0 and had the highest kill/death spread across all players in both matches (played more a supporting role just to ease me back in to the fray). Just missed rank 7 after those two matches but really good fun.

Had a spawn glitch on the Molten Ruins map where I ended up being spawned into one of the mini-walls in the circular area and couldn't do anything. That's the only issue with the online so far (other than it seemingly takign ages to synch level data when I was connecting).

Up to chapter 8 in the campaign. Loved the Chateau bit.

Definitely finding the aiming a little unnecessarily challenging. Not as smooth as on UC2, which is really disappointing as it works perfectly online. Also finding that the movement is a little more finicky than the last game. Not sure if that's because of some of the new animations they've put in but again, it's not feeling as smooth. It's probably something that I'll get used to as I get a little further.

Only had time for 2 matches of Plunder online yesterday. Won both 5 - 0 and had the highest kill/death spread across all players in both matches (played more a supporting role just to ease me back in to the fray). Just missed rank 7 after those two matches but really good fun.

Had a spawn glitch on the Molten Ruins map where I ended up being spawned into one of the mini-walls in the circular area and couldn't do anything. That's the only issue with the online so far (other than it seemingly takign ages to synch level data when I was connecting).

Well that's annoying that spawn glitch was in the beta would have thought they would have sorted it! Happened me 3 times in one match!

Finished it last night, loved it to bits.

I was gutted when Sully got killed. Seriously, I just wanted to kill someone. Luckly everything turned out for the best.

:D

I jumped online for a quick match, which I really enjoyed. I then played a game of co-op which I found great fun. I was just playing with randomers and I don't have a headset but it I still had a great time. I managed to rank up to level 7 by just playing both of them matches.

A quick apology to Mat who sent me an invite. I was in the middle of the co-op mode so I couldn't join you. Probably for the best, as I said I have yet to pick up a headset and probably suck at this compared to you veterans.

I'm stalling my Crushing playthrough for now as apparently a patch for the campaign aiming is on the way. Hopefully it'll allow me to pop heads like co-op as that would certainly take the edge off some of the more annoying encounters.

Out of interest, has anyone received their Beta rewards? I met all the requirements but haven't heard a peep as yet; I guess they're having to send the e-mails manually.

Some awesome games just now.

Except the team deathmatch thing.

Yup awesome afternoon! Only enjoyed the first team deathmatch where I actually played fucking awesome. Rounded off the session with two chapters of the co-op with cookyman. Gonna take some time out and watch the original Batman movie then crack on with single player.

Well... looks like I'm done with this already :mad:. Trying to get a match online just now and the console just shuts down. Try to turn it on, green light comes on but instantly turns off again. Can't get my disc out or anything.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Google it there is a way to get the disc out

Yeah, I managed to get the disc out using the fan technique (hold the eject button and then switch the console on at the back starting the fans and just press eject till it pops out) but the console is dead, YLOD. So that's 2 DSs, a 360, a Wii and now a PS3 I've had break on me this generation. Well done console makers....

Annoying as I was really looking forward to playing this in both the single player and some multiplayer more than any other game at this end of the year because of how much I enjoyed the second. Don't have the money to replace the console (even more so considering my phone died yesterday as well) so probably sell this on or something.

Yeah, I managed to get the disc out using the fan technique (hold the eject button and then switch the console on at the back starting the fans and just press eject till it pops out) but the console is dead, YLOD. So that's 2 DSs, a 360, a Wii and now a PS3 I've had break on me this generation. Well done console makers....

Annoying as I was really looking forward to playing this in both the single player and some multiplayer more than any other game at this end of the year because of how much I enjoyed the second. Don't have the money to replace the console (even more so considering my phone died yesterday as well) so probably sell this on or something.

Really sucks I truly feel for you mate. :( I had not PS3 for 4 months whilst I figured a way to be able to afford one. I'm on my second PS3 and have owned 3 Wii's appalling stuff.

In other news...I finished the single player blitzed through it this evening. Whilst there were some awesome individual set pieces that are up there with the best of the franchise I certainly feel as a whole it didn't match up quality wise to Amongst Thieves.

The sad thing is we can all whip out our 20 year old SNES's and they'd work perfectly after a quick cartridge blow.

yup all my old consoles work with no problems.....we all love how much consoles have evolved but unfortunately this seems to have come at a cost...

Retro consoles are far less complex, architecturally. Heat is the main issue, with older machines able to rely on passive cooling whereas now fans are required to keep things from melting; it doesn't help that companies now have to use inferior lead-free solder, although they'll probably be more prepared for that with the next wave of machines.

Speaking of which, I think it would be best if Uncharted went on hiatus until PS4. Not that I wouldn't buy and enjoy another PS3 entry, but I think Naughty Dog deserve a chance to work on something different — perhaps a few smaller downloadable titles? — and the series would be sure to benefit from both new hardware and an extended development period.

As much as I enjoy the game as a shooter, I feel it's an IP that's perfectly positioned to take a fresh look at the genre: have a greater focus on melee, with the actual shooting being less frequent but more intense; bit of an odd comparison, but think of something like Dark Souls' combat. At the moment you'll finish the game having killed well over 500 goons, and I think you could reduce that by a factor of 10 whilst still keeping combat interesting if you had the right mechanics to work with.

Agreed. We got 3 uncharted (every 2 years). No need to follow most publishers.

I am savouring the experience right now and the work they have done just amazing. I think Naughty Dog can mess around with something different next. Maybe something taking them back to their Crash/Jak & Daxter roots?

Platinum-trophy.png

*joins Rez in the Platinum club*

I found the Crushing difficulty surprisingly easy compared to the last two games. There were certain sections of the game I thought would cause me some problems, but I breezed through them.

The one trophy that did cause me some bother was the Survivor trophy. I would get 60 odd kills and then end up dying by mistiming a jump. I had a search around and found that by starting on level 19 and going through to mid 20 netted me the kills I needed without doing any dangerous jumps.

*heads to multiplayer mode*