NEurope
Happenstance

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Uncharted 1 was great if you played it when the second was already out. 1) you already knew there would be zombies in it, so that bit didn't annoy you like it did everyone else and 2) it was like a fun, solid introduction to an even more awesome game.

I hope the campaign is less linear this time......... and by that i dont mean make it a sandbox game, i just mean have more routes from point A to point B.

The treasure hunting bit could use a revamp too. Like keeping the treasures in context with the environment instead of the usual stumbling across a shiny pixel in nonsensical places ( Im pretty sure i found an ancient mask on top of an air conditioning unit in UC2).

Or maybe have Drake follow individual treasure maps, like Red Dead Redemption and have him use tools to excavate them.

Nitpicking aside i love the series and cant wait!

Uncharted 1 was great if you played it when the second was already out. 1) you already knew there would be zombies in it, so that bit didn't annoy you like it did everyone else and 2) it was like a fun, solid introduction to an even more awesome game.

It was never a bad game, by any means. But at the time it got hyped because the PS3 pretty much sucked back then.

And it's never great under any circumstances. It's quite good, yes, but never great.

I hope the campaign is less linear this time......... and by that i dont mean make it a sandbox game, i just mean have more routes from point A to point B.

I think that's a terrible idea. Agreed, streamlining is usually bad, but that's because people don't know how to do it. With U2, however, naughty dog pretty much proved their mastery with scripted events. It's just absolute perfection, when at it's best. Including "alternate routes" would pretty much just dilute the experience into something not as polished. It's probably the only case in which I agree with streamlining the experience as much as possible.

From Geoff Keighley's Twitter.

Everytime I watch the Uncharted trailer I am more and more blown away. You guys will be doing frame by frame analysis, I promise you that.

Obviously looks amazing. Potentially some kind of -in a boat whilst its sinking- level. That'd be a good contender for train level. :p

Hmm looking at the trailer I am willing to take a stab at some of the settings:

1. North Africa, likely to be somewhere like Morocco.

2. Iram, the city of pillars is rumoured to be the target of the quest. I recon this is fairly likely as, although Egypt has a wealth of possible cities, I think that ND want to swerve away from Indy at this point.

3. I would like to see Nate in America at some point. Give him a sense of home somewhere so he can develop as a character still.

According to retail listings a French chateau is one of the locations. Perhaps that's where the balcony jump clip is from?

Anyway, here's a behind-the-scenes look at the production of the trailer:

Someone's probably already said this but the trailer is on PSN and there's also a dynamic theme...which I bought. Couldn't help it.

Trailer looks amazing. Roll on November 2011! Puts me in the mood for a bit of Uncharted 2 :D

Obviously looks amazing. Potentially some kind of -in a boat whilst its sinking- level. That'd be a good contender for train level. :p

hahaha love this song its soooooo craptastic! Funnily enough was listening to it on the way to the shop this morning.

No, that was in the American format. 11-01-2010 means 1st of November. My brother got all excited too :p

Edited by heroicjanitor

According to retail listings a French chateau is one of the locations. Perhaps that's where the balcony jump clip is from?

Anyway, here's a behind-the-scenes look at the production of the trailer:

Thanks for this, loved watching that video.

And....yeah whats wrong with that RPG bit....apart from looking freaking sweet.

How did people really think it'd be a month before this came out.

I know the date thing...

But still!

No, that was in the American format. 11-01-2010 means 1st of November. My brother got all excited too :p

Aww, fudgenuggets.