NEurope
Happenstance

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

^^ Obviously. :p

I need to get that public beta. If I don't get it and someone else on here either gets it and doesn't want it, or gets two, I would like to BAGSY it now, please. If need be money could enter the equation.

-------

Info sounds good. I sincerely hope Chloe is back. Sure she will be really....big fan following and its not exactly tough to consider her return eh.

Looks like we're gonna need something with a little more kick...than that.

Game of the Decade. Until the next Uncharted.

Obviously Uncharted 2 won that award last decade.

Hopefully we see (some Chloe) stuff (in London) (abundant and redundant parenthesis) FT (W)

Without brackets that sentence read "Hopefully we see stuff FT"

Brilliant.

.......................*rolls eyes*

I could say something worse than choze.

God I hope there isnt a terrible stealth level like the second game.

God I hope there isnt a terrible stealth level like the second game.

I hope there are more stealth levels...

Oh, Nolan, fire away. :p Say what you have to say.

Single player should be great.

As far as I'm aware, the series exists solely as a single player experience.

I think the gameplay is completely overrated. It focuses far too much on the shooting elements which is a fault against the series as the shooting mechanics are pretty much shit. The game is best when platforming, and combat is fun when avoided (e.g. throwing enemies off of Tibetan cliffs). The writing and acting is good, the game is pretty and well scripted. The fire fights suck. As a sum of it's parts it becomes a mediocre game because of the focus put on the worst part of the game. It's a chore to play through and I'm glad it was half off when I bought it, and I'll certainly wait for price drops on this one unless there is some sort of demo that managed to wow (woo?) me.

That's all directed towards the second game being the one I played, though I did play the demo to the first, but that hardly counts.

Lawlzasaur. Thankfully the Game of the Year award deciders (....like the countless ones) all disagreed. :)

Its a fair opinion though...I mean, if you didn't like the shooting thats cool. I mean you're wrong, but its totally cool. ;)

That's all directed towards the second game being the one I played, though I did play the demo to the first, but that hardly counts.

Aw, man. If you'd played the first game before Uncharted 2, you would have loved it because they toned down the amount of combat significantly. Now it's too late. :sad:

Lawlzasaur. Thankfully the Game of the Year award deciders (....like the countless ones) all disagreed. :)

But they also choose stuff like Call of Duty.

Uncharted 2 is the game which was so unbelievably good that it utterly shattered my 15+ years of irrational hatred of all things PlayStation.

You may love the multiplayer, and it might be really good fun, but I don't think that's what netted 2 its high regard. I've never even played the multiplayer, but it's still one of my favourite games simply because of the quality cinematic experience.

But they also choose stuff like Call of Duty.

Uncharted 2 is the game which was so unbelievably good that it utterly shattered my 15+ years of irrational hatred of all things PlayStation.

Heh heh, same here basically.

Also the multiplayer is just so much fucking fun its unbelievable. Literally call me hammer king.

You may love the multiplayer, and it might be really good fun, but I don't think that's what netted 2 its high regard. I've never even played the multiplayer, but it's still one of my favourite games simply because of the quality cinematic experience.

Strangely, I probably would have at least given the multiplayer a go if it was through Xbox Live. No matter how bad a multiplayer portion of a game is on Xbox I'd still give it a go. On PS3 it just seems...lonely. I think Party Chat has spoiled me.

As far as I'm aware, the series exists solely as a single player experience.

Its good all round.

I dont want to spoil myself though. Its easy to over anticipate and read up on the game too much.

I'm worried they're placing too much focus on this whole shifting sands thing. Once you start playing, if that feels like nothing special (the way graphics and physics often can, despite oozing technical quality), it better have plenty to fall back on.

(I'm sure it will.)