NEurope
Happenstance

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Naughty Dog have to be by far the best devs in the business.

Its true. All that cool mo-cap (man I feel so fucking cool calling it "mo-cap") stuff, and just...like this is cool.

I do hope we get more coop stuff this time around, especially local. The online coop was fun in Uncharted 2 but always felt a bit short, I wanted it to go on longer. The whole game in coop would just be awesome.

I do hope we get more coop stuff this time around, especially local. The online coop was fun in Uncharted 2 but always felt a bit short, I wanted it to go on longer. The whole game in coop would just be awesome.

Four player online co op would be amazing.

What I would like is a seperate coop campaign, maybe releasing a new section every few months. Make sure it has a proper story etc and id be willing to pay (as long as the price was reasonable).

I cracked, bought the Avatar and the Dynamic theme. I keep waiving at Drake but he just looks over his shoulder :heh:

Does Uncharted 3 have campaign co-op?

Will PlayStation 3 exclusive Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception include two-player campaign co-op? Ginormous US shop GameStop suggests so.

GameStop's Uncharted 3 listing" includes a raft of product details, but of most interest is the specifications section.

Under co-op mode reads "yes". Number of online players is "1-3 online co-op, 1-12 online multiplayer".

But it is the mention of "1-2" under number of players that has sparked speculation that Uncharted 3 could be the first game in the spectacular series to feature a co-op campaign.

Uncharted 3 was formerly revealed last week with a promise from developer Naughty Dog to "take on the big boys of the multiplayer genre".

Drake's Deception takes place in the desert. The setting draws inspiration from Lawrence of Arabia as our hero, Drake, and his good friend Sully, explore the Arabian peninsula - also known as the Atlantis of the Sands.

A live gameplay demo on the Jimmy Fallon show saw Drake and Sully attempt to break out of a burning chateaux. The series is famous for levels in which Drake is accompanied by an AI-controlled character.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-14-does-uncharted-3-have-campaign-co-op

I wonder if we'll see Chloe again in this game. I can see her appearing in the multiplayer but probably not the single.

I don't think you'll see campaign co-op, it simply throws up too many variables for what is a fairly heavily scripted game. My guess would be that GameStop's listing of "1-2 players" means there will be split-screen online play, if it isn't simply a mistake.

I won't be watching any videos until it's out. Trailers only...and even then I don't want to since the whole train carriage exploding was spoiled.

At the moment im thinking its just Gamestop making guesses about the game, I just like to post Uncharted "news"

Sounds like she’s definitely not one you want to get in the way of or, worse, double cross! To give you some background, Katherine Marlowe is the coldly calculating leader of a secret society whose roots date back over four hundred years to the court of Queen Elizabeth I. She has a long-standing rivalry with Nathan Drake over Sir Francis Drake’s ring – something they both contend is rightfully theirs and is also the key to an ancient mystery. As you can tell from the cut-scene above, Marlowe is a much more cerebral enemy than Drake has confronted in the past, using both psychological and physical tactics to get what she is after. Marlowe also has the assistance of her team of highly-trained agents in this secret society – they are far more elusive and dangerous than the hired guns Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan have faced before.

Naughty Dog clearly believe we're an island of crooks. Someone should remind them that's Australia.

The graphics, voice-acting and atmosphere are absolutely amazing. I know I shouldn't be surprised after Uncharted 2 but I could really feel the tension there.

Also this:

zomguncharted38gl1.gif

Looks too good. They should scale it back a little.

Edited by heroicjanitor

For anyone that still doesn't see what's wrong with that RPG gif, watch the reload animation carefully. His arm freaks out for a second towards the end of it.

All I have to say is I hope they either improve the shooting or greatly lessen the amount of it in the game. Uncharted 2 was almost nothing but sub-par gunplay, everything but the gun play is great, but for some reason it all (graphics excluded) takes second seat to the amount of shooting needed to be done.

So it's fake then? It kinda had to be. I thought the background skipped too for some reason.

All I have to say is I hope they either improve the shooting or greatly lessen the amount of it in the game. Uncharted 2 was almost nothing but sub-par gunplay, everything but the gun play is great, but for some reason it all (graphics excluded) takes second seat to the amount of shooting needed to be done.

This was how I felt about the first Uncharted, but I thought the sequel managed to strike a perfect balance. To each their own, I guess. :smile:

This was how I felt about the first Uncharted, but I thought the sequel managed to strike a perfect balance. To each their own, I guess. :smile:

I only played a little of the first game, but even between the first and second they made strides with the mechanics of shooting. I just feel they didn't do enough and it's not as good as the other parts of the otherwise great game. I would certainly consider the game better as a whole if there was less shooting, but that's just me. Like literally I think that's just me.

The graphics, voice-acting and atmosphere are absolutely amazing. I know I shouldn't be surprised after Uncharted 2 but I could really feel the tension there.

Also this:

zomguncharted38gl1.gif

Looks too good. They should scale it back a little.

There is better and larger scale damage in Killzone 3. Doubt its faked. I hope they use MLAA. Makes a huge difference in LBP2 and KZ3. Crisp, sharp yet also little to no jaggies. Looks amazing on high polygon models.

For anyone that still doesn't see what's wrong with that RPG gif, watch the reload animation carefully. His arm freaks out for a second towards the end of it.

It doesn't "freak out", he twists the rocket once it's chambered to lock it. (I presume; all of my firearm knowledge is based on videogames.)

As for the destruction I'd expect it to be fairly locational: enough to be convincing but not so extensive that you'll be blowing down walls with much regularity. More FEAR than Red Faction.

It looks like there is a missing frame in between chambering the round and twisting during which his arm jumps positions.

Yeah, there isn't even full effects on it.

There is no dust rising from the ground where it's falling etc

A few details from next months OPM.

- Drake spends most of his time exploring the Arabian dunes of Rub' al Khali.

- The game features "all the things you'd expect in a desert" - including sandstorms and mirages.

- The sand creates a 'dynamic environment' for Drake, with altering geography.

"We've done a ton of research...The way sand blows over and curls over the tops of dunes, the way it displaces and flows - it's almost a liquid" - Amy Hennig, Creative Director

- Drake and Sullivan are in the Empty Quarter, looking for the Iram Of The Pillars, a kind of Arabian Atlantis.

- Not all locations are dry and arid; you'll be taken all over the world to places like London and a jungle temple.

- The story is based around Lawrence Of Arabia, and his fascination with Iram Of The Pillars.

- Bike sections are all but confirmed. There's a newspaper cutout in the teaser trailer that mentions motorcycles, and Naughty Dog says "We have a strong tradition of vehicular gameplay, and we try not to repeat ourselves".

- The story to the game is still being written and altered, but villain Katherine Marlowe is part of an secret order that dates back to Queen Elizabeth I.

- Drake's Deception will most likely not be his last outing; "The Uncharted franchise was never conceived as a trilogy"

- "Of course, there are recurring characters from previous games" - I guess that's Elena confirmed, then?

- There's a new melee system, with features like Drake picking up a bottle from a table and smashing it over an enemy's head. There are also new stealth moves and mechanics.

- "We'll be sure to alert everyone if a public beta is in the works this time around".

GOTY right here.