NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

For now I would suggest talking to your agency and tell them you are unhappy and want to find a new job, then get them to look for something you can switch to while you carry on working at the current one for a while.

Yeah I think you should stick it out. If its just a part of the whole week. Plus it cold be trial by fire. If they have a lot of people leaving maybe they put people through the worst up front so they know if they're going to stick around.

Also if it makes you feel better my housemate had a customer wank in her presence yesterday at work (and she does not work in the sex industry) so...it could be worse.

Can't you ask for proper training at your workplace? Make it clear that you're not comfortable with your work and would like some extra help to get you into it. Seems silly to quit a job when it's so difficult to find ones in the first place.

Try and improve this one first, then if it doesn't get better you could start looking for something else. But don't give up too quickly.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have asked for training, but I think they underestimate how much I actually need. Its also a little awkward to say "Well...my training has been virtually non existent" as the few people who "trained" me might be offended (they just showed me what to do a bit. Not proper training)

Tis hard. I actually don't know what to do. I have felt crap about it for a few weeks now, today was like a ....tipping point or something. I dunno. Maybe I'll stick it out a little longer or something.

:/ ugh. Its hard. I just....like I don't like coming home and feeling like shit. I don't want to bring work back with me. Worry/anguish/annoyance/depresssseeedddd.

I have asked for training, but I think they underestimate how much I actually need. Its also a little awkward to say "Well...my training has been virtually non existent" as the few people who "trained" me might be offended (they just showed me what to do a bit. Not proper training)

It's really not your problem if they get offended. You need proper training, and they need to give it to you. Don't let them make your life shit. Keep going, demand the improvements needed. Show them that shit treatment won't be tolerated.

I bet you have an ace day tomorrow. Happened to me a lot at argos; one seriously shite, gonna-quit day was nearly always followed by a fantastic day.

I bet you have an ace day tomorrow. Happened to me a lot at argos; one seriously shite, gonna-quit day was nearly always followed by a fantastic day.

I would say much the same, my work is pretty pointless and I was much nearer to quitting last week, but the people make it far easier to deal with.

My uni room is plagued with silverfish:

silverfish1.jpg

They're everywhere and annoy me (and freak me out that they could be crawling all over me while I sleep)! I've complained once and they sent out a pest control chap who sprayed my room, now 1 1/2 week later they're back!

I've just found one, dead, in a glass of water I was drinking earlier which I left on my desk. Nice.

£110 per week I pay. The manager of the accommodation is a massive bitch and keeps fobbing me off on my complaint. According to her silverfish are common in hotels and houses so I shouldn't be bothered by them.

Mler. Any advise?

http://www.pestcontrol-uk.org/news/2010/dealing-with-silverfish

We recently had some in our kitchen, we found the cause was our box of recycling, so we removed it, since then we've not had any. I would check exactly what is in your room to be causing it.

I would also suggest seeing something similar to a student accommodation office, I don't know the official non student version, but I got quite a bit of help last year when my house was awful.

http://www.pestcontrol-uk.org/news/2010/dealing-with-silverfish

We recently had some in our kitchen, we found the cause was our box of recycling, so we removed it, since then we've not had any. I would check exactly what is in your room to be causing it.

I would also suggest seeing something similar to a student accommodation office, I don't know the official non student version, but I got quite a bit of help last year when my house was awful.

They're in everyone's room in my block, not just mine. It's just mine has the most in it.

I've emailed the main uni accommodation office who forwarded my email to the manager of the uni accommodation I'm in. The manager women met me face to face for a chat and she turned out to be pretty useless to be honest.

They're in everyone's room in my block, not just mine. It's just mine has the most in it.

I've emailed the main uni accommodation office who forwarded my email to the manager of the uni accommodation I'm in. The manager women met me face to face for a chat and she turned out to be pretty useless to be honest.

I would speak to someone outside of your accomodation, for Sheffield hallam there's a place in our student union, they have a lot of advice as to how to get it sorted or at least for the manager to take you a bit more seriously. They tend to be student representatives who can give advice as to what to do after you've spoken to your manager/landlord. For example, for me they took off all properties of the landlord I was with last year as the handling of my property and others like it were disgraceful. We could have also complained to the council and sent the landlord a formal letter to get things sorted.

It sounds like you've obviously got an issue somewhere, they can be quite common in houses, but it depends where abouts you keep things and how hot the place gets. I would suggest otherwise to regularly hover your room and take your waste out as regularly as you can. It might help a little and stop them coming in your room to eat.

Otherwise they don't tend to be much hassle, ugly looking things but not particularly harmful.

I have never heard of Silverfish, what exactly are they/do they do?

I have never heard of Silverfish, what exactly are they/do they do?

I would suggest looking at the link I posted. :awesome:

ReZ stop coming on here and venting your frustrations. Go to someone at work and tell them yourself!

Even if they get annoyed, you're already thinking of quitting so tell them straight and hope they do something proper about it.

Its not like I've done nothing though, and its not the main reason/its all the little stuff. Like there is nothing I can do about the arse-licking pet. (Who is a fucking retard anyway. She walks upto my desk in the middle of a call, picks up the bluetooth headset, turns it on and I'm like..."Erm...yeah the lines gone dead now" and she is like "Oh woops, this'll fix it" *hangs up on client*

SHE R ARTICHOKE. Bint.

Its not like I've done nothing though, and its not the main reason/its all the little stuff. Like there is nothing I can do about the arse-licking pet. (Who is a fucking retard anyway. She walks upto my desk in the middle of a call, picks up the bluetooth headset, turns it on and I'm like..."Erm...yeah the lines gone dead now" and she is like "Oh woops, this'll fix it" *hangs up on client*

SHE R ARTICHOKE. Bint.

Sounds like she wanted some alone time with the ReZmeister ;)

What do ye guys do to calm yourselves down when you get mad or stressed?

Need ideas :D

tumblr_lhf4naRAl11qays8i.gif

Usually.

I usually take a deep breath and remind myself that it doesn't matter what threads are called.

Edited by Magnus

And other similar songs.

tumblr_lhf4naRAl11qays8i.gif

Usually.

Nowadays I do this, it really helps, although I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm insane.

I rang the agency and told her about my woes a second ago. Got to work for the rest of the day though. She is gonna try to speak to my manager now so when I go up at lunch hopefully she will have spoken to her....if not she is gonna grab her at 5pm ish. This could be awkward/not looking forward to this afternoon. Oh well. lets see what happens. I couldnt continue though....not like that. Im not taking my work home with me worrying and fretting.

Do you guys think I've been mental/a dick?