NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Any of are resident Norwegian members about? Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on in Oslo?

Possible terrorist bomb. Police have confirmed it was a bomb at least, in the government headquarters. The oil and energy offices was on fire. At least two dead. Also reports of shooting from a fake policeman at gathering for a youth division for the biggest government party.

Phoned the girl that I got with a few nights ago earlier on today to ask her out. Went to voicemail but she text me later saying she was at work. Said I was wondering if she'd like to go for drinks on Sunday. Her reply, "aw I'm working, Soz another time x'. Gutted, from what she was saying on the night/morning after she seemed really keen.

Going to a flat party at hers in a couple weeks time (we're friends from school) so shall we what happens then!

Well if she's working why don't you just ask another time? :blank:

I replied with "Ok no worries. Let me know when you're free if you want to meet up x" and didn't get a reply (although I think she's working until 10). The classic "another time" is basically a no dressed up. If she wanted to suggest another time she easily could've then if she'd wanted to.

Yep...he's right generally speaking if wimmens want to meet they'll be like, "oh what about ___ instead?"

But then she could be busy at work, or not allowed to text? I dunno I wouldn't say its a given but that is the most likely scenario.

Not always teh case. She may be testing your interest. What do you have to lose by asking her if she's free another time? If she says she's busy again and doesn't suggest another time/place then back off.

Yep...he's right generally speaking if wimmens want to meet they'll be like, "oh what about ___ instead?"

But then she could be busy at work, or not allowed to text? I dunno I wouldn't say its a given but that is the most likely scenario.

That could be the case but she did send 2 texts and then didn't reply to my other one.

Not always teh case. She may be testing your interest. What do you have to lose by asking her if she's free another time? If she says she's busy again and doesn't suggest another time/place then back off.

I would normally but the thing is she's a good friend from school so don't want to push her too much. I think if I see her online on Facebook I'll start chatting and see if anything comes off it. Actually the more I think of it the better idea it seems. Kind of a long story but a couple weeks ago I was telling her I'm still into my ex and she asked me about that when we were together so maybe she thinks I'm just not that into her.

I miss the N-Europe Forum :( Not being able to check what's going on for 5 days a week sucks.

My nan had to go into hospital yesterday, hopefully nothing too serious but she had a fall about a week ago and her leg has been getting progressively more painful and now numb.

Annoying thing was that she rang the doctors surgery in the morning and they told her to take paracetamol, later in the day it got a lot worse so she rang again and they told her to ring an ambulance. She rang for one and they refused to send an ambulance out for her so my aunt ended up ringing the surgery back and they had to ring for the ambulance themselves. Rang my nan back and told her one would be coming for her in 2 hours. Not at all impressed.

Jesus christ, dating is complicated, stop analysing and just wait, it's going to do you no good guessing!

Just reading about the Norway bit, bloody hell :(.

Jesus christ, dating is complicated, stop analysing and just wait, it's going to do you no good guessing!

That's what I've been trying to do. You know how it is though, the more you don't want to think about it the more you do.

Been trying to see if i can get out of my phone contract yesterday and today, and all Vodafone seem adament on doing is trying to sell me a laptop, a new contract on top of an existing one. Finally managed to get them to cancel it, at a fee of £450 though. Not a chance, they want it all up front. Been trying to get a payment plan arranged to pay it off in chunks, they don't want that. Pretty crappy company, wish i never went back to them now.

How long have you got left?

I can renew in February, but they want the rest of the contract payed which leads up to July next year.

You might as well keep the contract running, really, as there's no easy way of getting out without fully paying it off. Must be a pretty hefty costing contract?

If you're desperate for a new phone, why not buy one SIM free/PAYG?

You might as well keep the contract running, really, as there's no easy way of getting out without fully paying it off. Must be a pretty hefty costing contract?

If you're desperate for a new phone, why not buy one SIM free/PAYG?

About £37ish (the cost is usually the rest of the contract). They may spread the cost over a new contract, but that would be an additional £18.50ish a month.

I pay £29 p/m on the contract (+ insurance).

Problem is, phones these days alone cost over £250!!!. I can't win, people around me get new phones left right and centre and when i want one, i get slapped. Can't win really.

That's why 24 month contracts suck. What handset do you have at the mo?

I'm 12 months into my contract (HTC Desire) but I have no desire for a new phone just yet.

That's why 24 month contracts suck. What handset do you have at the mo?

I'm 12 months into my contract (HTC Desire) but I have no desire for a new phone just yet.

Got a crappy Nokia N97. Worst phone i've ever had, 13 1/2 months into mine. But Vf claim i'm 11 months into it, considering i bought the phone in June last year.

And i'm after the phone you got to be fair.

Got a crappy Nokia N97. Worst phone i've ever had, 13 1/2 months into mine. But Vf claim i'm 11 months into it, considering i bought the phone in June last year.

And i'm after the phone you got to be fair.

If you really want a decent phone, I'd suggest the HTC Wildfire.

Been trying to see if i can get out of my phone contract yesterday and today, and all Vodafone seem adament on doing is trying to sell me a laptop, a new contract on top of an existing one. Finally managed to get them to cancel it, at a fee of £450 though. Not a chance, they want it all up front. Been trying to get a payment plan arranged to pay it off in chunks, they don't want that. Pretty crappy company, wish i never went back to them now.

I'm sorry but you knew what you were signing up to when you agreed to the terms of the contract. You cant have any complaints about them not letting you out of it. How much did you pay for the phone in this contract?

And a payment plan? Theyre already letting you do this; 24 bite-sized payments.

Why not sell your current phone to fund a new one?

If you really want a decent phone, I'd suggest the HTC Wildfire.

And, i can afford one of them as well.

It is what you just said it is though, a contract. You signed up saying you would pay them so much a month for how ever long... they are under no obligation to cancel it.

It would be like having a contract for a job just for the company to say 'oh btw we are not paying you this month' they can't do that because of a contract so it works both ways.

If you read all the terms and conditions of the contract it probably is written in there that if you want to cancel early then you pay it all up front, again you signed agreeing to these terms, if you were not happy with them then you should have never signed in the first place!