NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

I feel bad posting this here after all that.....but i can't find another thread to put this in, and it doesn't warrant it's own...

At work, my boss (the MD of the company) sits behind me. This is fine, but i swear...if he farts one more time! Every 30 mins or so, this horrific smell wafts over and i have to deal with the thought of breathing in his pooticles. It made me feel quite ill today - i had to feign a phone call and step outside at one point.

What can i do? I can't call him up on it, he is the MD!

Tried to surprise my Mum when she comes back from her holiday with the magic of defrosting the freezer (It's about the size of a shoebox, yet it gets about an inch of ice border and is a massive ballache) with my usual tool, a hammer. But when using a screwdriver to chisel away some ice on the top I punctured the top. I've plugged the hole but it seems too late. I've consulted some places online and it seems it'll be cheaper to just get a new unit than have it repaired. Thank fuck it's only a tiny compartment. Mummy'll still be angry though.

@bob eat lots of kidney beans and fightfart back. Get a deskfan.

Getting a fan is the best course of action. Preferably a Dyson Airblade as that'll be the ultimate in wafting fart gas back.

Just pretend it was your plan all along to surprise her with a new freezer.

I've left her an I.O.U.

I feel a little pissed off, conned and used. :(

So as most of you probably know, I was being considered to go for this supervisor job and I was told that depending on how I coped with the busy times and how I performed at work, I would get put on the next level so that I could do this. So after quite a LOT of customer compliments (unfortunately not made online to Head Office but was made to the manager herself and the other supervisor) and customer complaints (for the management there because the majority of them can't handle stress very well), I thought my chances were looking pretty good. I served multiple customers and did it well so nobody would feel left out, I managed to tidy stock and keep it in an tidy and organised manner even around the chaos and I've gotten a lot faster and most of all, did every time they asked me to and sometimes I stayed there for a little longer to help out.

However, since this is in the bad stuff thread, you'll know what's coming next. I didn't get it. Fair enough, I thought, but then I said to myself that it wasn't so I told her exactly what I thought and said I knew she wouldn't have done it in the first place and also said that if it was for some kind of push, I didn't need it because I got what I wanted which was more hours. She reckons she did consider it but I could TELL she wouldn't, she's not a very good liar in my books. I was still a little gutted even though I knew she wouldn't from the moment it passed her lips but a little voice told me to give her the benefit of the doubt. I should have listened to my gut in the first place. I asked why and she said she doesn't think I'm ready. That was it, nothing more. More like she knows I'm good but doesn't want me to be one but I'd have rather her told me that she didn't want me to be in the first place and I honestly would have been happy with it because I was getting what I wanted in the first place: More hours. So anyway, I more or less knew she wouldn't have given it me anyway. Anyway, I went to my other manager who is straightforward and honest. He's a lot of things but those two things you can't take away from him, he's like me in that respect, just tells you it how it is but I can do it with tact. So I told him to be honest with me and asked him whether she even considered me in the first place and he said "No" and I asked why and he said to motivate me. I told him that the worst thing she could have done to me was keep up a lie for weeks on end and that I didn't need any motivation in the first place because I got more hours. He said to me "I have told her that you've improved in a lot of areas though" and I believe him because he would just say that and my supervisor already told me that he has said this to her.

Right now, I just feel like leaving. This wasn't the first time she did it though, she did do it before but it was only for a week. This time, I'm pissed off because she wanted me to believe I had a chance. I've been working my arse off for two months with only one day off a week, sometimes even staying over to help out (and a couple of times without pay and a couple of times with no break) to find out that I didn't even have a chance in the first place. I knew she wouldn't, don't get me wrong, but it was the fact she wanted me to believe I did...if that makes sense. I just hate it when people do that though.

Ugh! I feel a little better getting that off my chest now, lmao.

Sorry to hear this @Animal

I had this in my previous job, after 14 months, I gave up and moved on, it's never nice to have this and will continue to go on if you let it happen.

I find it ridiculous that anyone believes this is motivating because when you do find out you've been duped and especially more than once, it causes a complete lack of respect for your work..

I find it ridiculous that anyone believes this is motivating because when you do find out you've been duped and especially more than once, it causes a complete lack of respect for your work..

Yeah, this is exactly what was going through my head while reading Animal's post. How can she think this is going to improve anything?

Some bastard used my credit card to book a flight from Dublin, and to hire a car.

Now need to change all my details on all the sites I use when I get my new card.

Fuck that @Animal, walk from that bull shit.

You have already said about how well you were doing, receiving constant compliments, and some bitch thinks you need motivating? Absolutely not worth your time. Keep a record of all compliments you received, including the records you broke (I seem to recall?) and explain that in your C.V.

You may not like my videos but I am sure you can appreciate the work and effort put into them. My YouTube account got deactivated today, I think because one video has some sexually suggestive stuff....erm. |Yeah. Kinda sucks. Especially as their customer service is beyond awful. I have been trying to sort out monetisation recently, but its impossible. If you're not a partner, you simply get met by wall after wall of trying to contact them, and robotic responses with a pointless help forum.

Devastated.

Waiting to hear back from my appeal, but I'm pretty confident it is gone for good.

Do you not have them all saved somewhere?

Some, but no way near all. As it covers 7 years, I've had several PC changes etc.

Well then that does suck. I felt bad for you when I read it on Facebook!

Though people blaming it on David Cameron was a bit strange...

Sorry to hear this @Animal

I had this in my previous job, after 14 months, I gave up and moved on, it's never nice to have this and will continue to go on if you let it happen.

Oh yeah, it's true. The majority of the people who work there heard what happened and told me I shouldn't have said anything but I just told them "Bollocks, they're only humans"

Yeah, this is exactly what was going through my head while reading Animal's post. How can she think this is going to improve anything?

I have no idea either. If anything, it'd just make me mad. The one thing I hate apart from being lied to is being made a mug. Still, I let it known so nobody can say I was fine to her face but bitched around.

Fuck that @Animal, walk from that bull shit.

You have already said about how well you were doing, receiving constant compliments, and some bitch thinks you need motivating? Absolutely not worth your time. Keep a record of all compliments you received, including the records you broke (I seem to recall?) and explain that in your C.V.

I've done that. Got all of my e-mails from customers, going to get the certificates and copy them (hopefully without them noticing as they're on a wall) and I'll look for another job. Apparently it's easier to climb up the ladder there...erm...yup, sure it is...mhmm...

"Do you want some overtime?"

@Animal: "I don't think I'm ready."

DO IT.

More or less have done. They called me at 9am yesterday and I didn't answer. I was in the shower, they do call at such inconvenient times! ;)

The boss saw me yesterday and talked to me about what happened the other day and she says she's going to e-mail the head office and try to get them to put me on the next level somehow but she apparently WILL do it now. I just told her and my other boss straight and said "It's all words to me until I see it in front of me" and just got on with my job.

You may not like my videos but I am sure you can appreciate the work and effort put into them. My YouTube account got deactivated today, I think because one video has some sexually suggestive stuff....erm. |Yeah. Kinda sucks. Especially as their customer service is beyond awful. I have been trying to sort out monetisation recently, but its impossible. If you're not a partner, you simply get met by wall after wall of trying to contact them, and robotic responses with a pointless help forum.

Devastated.

Waiting to hear back from my appeal, but I'm pretty confident it is gone for good.

Welcome to the club, mate! They removed my account because I said I was against racism. YouTube are so stupid! It's just become a site for mainstream YouTubers like Smosh and Pewdiepie and KSI (I like the latter two but still, you get my point).

Genuinely gutted for you, mate! :(

They removed my account because I said I was against racism.

Wait what? Isn't that...a good thing? Being against racism?

Guys, you're not legit on YouTube unless your channel has been removed at least twice.

Wait what? Isn't that...a good thing? Being against racism?

Yeah some idiots put lots of racist comments on his ant racist video.