NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

There's nothing more depressing in the world than a UK beach town.
Then you're going to the wrong ones.

In other news, I spent about 6 hours in work today getting things ready for Monday, first day back. I stayed about 3 hours longer than anybody else yesterday too and the day before that. It's a bit sad because although what I've got planned/what I've been doing has the potential to be great/fun for the kids, nobody else will really give a shit. :heh:

Dat feel when you're a teacher and see cheap laminating pouches somewhere.

Yeah Brighton suffers from being a seaside "town". The summers are ruined by all the foreign students, and all bank holidays see the place mobbed by londoners coming down. It may not be the best place to live for people who aren't interested in comedy, music, street entertainment, organic or quality food, theatre, nightlife, restaurants, parks or shit like that.

:P

I like brighton. I've only really seen bournemouth, brighton, sheffield and leeds but I prefer brighton because it has the culture sandwiched between the beach and the south downs. It has the good weather and it has the social openness.

I'm typing in this line between being defensive, yet aware that I'm very biased! I disagree that brighton is 'grey' considering it's law to have the seafront buildings yellow.... but I'll admit that's not exactly better. I'd love to properly live in the country, away from the lights and in clear view of shooting stars and in earshot of horses and shit. But ultimately -- brighton's only competition for seaside-ness is blackpool. which finds the need to tart itself up.

People from elementary school are hunting me down on facebook. Having achieved absolutely nothing the past 10 years, I’m not really eager to get in contact with them. But even apart from that, geez man, it’s too long ago (almost 20 years). I need new friends, not dig up old ones. But I feel a bit like a dick if I just largely ignore them.. Before this I had a surge of far off family members from the Philippines. Some I’ve never actually met. <sigh>

Then you're going to the wrong ones.

They're all the wrong ones dude.

Miyazaki is RETIRING, THIS IS THE WORST

Unquantifiable disaster. This calls for a marathon starting with Lupin 3. The biggest problem is that there's nobody left to pick up the mantle; Goro Miyazaki is an imbecile and I'm not sure if Takahata still works for the company, although the only good films he's done are Grave and Only Yesterday.

I AM SAD :(.

While Blackpool is a bit of a dump, I always had great fun whenever I went there.

Miyazaki is RETIRING, THIS IS THE WORST

Again? What is this, the third time now?

I assume "fap" in this context doesn't mean what I think it means?

Normally in the sense I use it, I mean to mess about. So if someone is slacking at work I'd say they were "fapping about"

But the green lands are rather quiet so Eenuh is free to fap whichever way she likes. If she does and takes Flink along I need notice so I have time to check that my digital camera has enough battery power.

I had a nightmare last night that effectively kept me awake from 4am.

I've not had one so severe in a while, but this rivalled anything you'd see in a saw movie. Normally horror movies wouldn't be a problem, but its difficult to define you're dreaming sometimes.

Its fair to say I'm praying they don't come back, I don't need more sleepless nights right now. Or ever.

It's probably the reverse in Jock land. Most of the central belt places are considered more 'friendly'. The North East tends to be full of miserable people, who don't smile very often, aren't such fans of physical contact and we tend to be overtly cynical.

I liken Aberdeen to the Winterfell of the UK.

The central belt is nice but under no circumstances should you consider moving to Stirling. None at all. Do not do it.

The villages outside Stirling, yes, but Stirling itself? No, not in a million years.

Been feeling absolutely awful the last couple of days. Super tired thanks to getting minimal sleep, feeling sick and being sick after eating certain foodstuffs, stomach pains and now getting pain in my lower left abdomen.

I suspect going out on Sunday night and drinking quite a lot didn't do me any favours and neither is the coffee drinking or anxiety.

Hopefully be able to get in and see my GP tomorrow as I seem to be feeling worse and not really getting any better.

I had a poop yesterday that stunk so bad I could almost taste it!

On a similar note. I'm using some shitty anti-persperant at the moment and it's too hot in my office. Need some BO basher ASAP.

I just got a text from my mother saying my aunt has six months or less to live.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Give all my love to your family.