NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

My dog just died.

He was a retard (literally)... but I absolutely loved him. It's funny, I could muster up more love for this creature than for any other living creature I've ever met. That includes my parents/brothers/grandparents. His send off was far from pleasent... he had a stroke this past tuesday night, I was informed wednesday and came home as soon as I heard, fuck Uni. He was "paralyzed" and could only move his head, and even that, only to some short extent. My parents can't exactly just not show up at work (like me) so when I got home he was pretty much covered in piss and shit (he's an outside dog, mind) all over... after I went to see him I came inside to change clothes so I could clean him up and whatnot... that whimper he tried to let out (he could hardly even "communicate") as he saw I was walking away, that's gonna be engraved in my heart 'till the day I die. I've never felt such tremendous weight before...

Anyway, I gave him a full hot bath and made him a very comfy bed in the garage near the heating central, fed him and set up an inflatable guest bed by his side, and just slept by his side, just like the first day he came home. I pretty much spent the day by his side watching stuff on the computer and whatnot... everytime I even got up to go to the bathroom, he just started wailing uncontrollably, I've never heard anything so awful. =/ He just had his head on my lap and I kept petting him through most of the day. He stopped breathing like 20 minutes ago (right after my last post, actually) and my dad confirmed it... he's gone.

I just hope he had a good time here.

I can't cry... don't know why. This is probably the saddest I've ever been (still pretty happy, I'm a very cheery person) and I still can't really be "sad". It's weird.

Just felt like sharing that. ^^

Anyone know of any type of urn talisman that isn't absurdly corny? Since he's being cremated, I'd like to keep a small part of him on something that I can carry with me.

That's really sad dude. :(

At least you were with him at the end, it sounds like he really, really liked you being there

*hug*

Get something like this, obviously it would be up to your taste etc.

il_570xN.192815108.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss.

:( Sorry to hear that dude, but it sounds like he loved you as much as you loved him. I'm sure that he passed happier that you were there with him to the end.

Losing pets sucks, because you do get really really attached to them, and used to them being there :(

I lost my dog 3 months ago and it still hurts like hell, but try to think about all the good times. Don't care what anyone says, pets are family members

RIP

Mcoy know's what It's like to lose a life long pet. Mcoy's cat got a throat cancer and it was rather depressing watching it be unable to eat/drink and do nothing other then sit In it's favourite chair. Mcoy took it to the vet and thought the best thing was to have it put down (it was 15 years old)

Mcoy felt terrible for a bit but it was the right thing to do, you just have to remember your pet for what It was and slowly move on, Mcoy's worst part was when he saw a black jumper on the bed he thought It as his cat : /

Sorry for your loss. :(

Sounds like he really appricated you being there with him and you probably made his passing a lot more relaxing at the end, to be comfortable and feeling loved etc.

It's good that you could be there for him man! whats your dogs name?

I know that nothing anyone says will make up for your loss, but regardless, really really sorry man and hope you're doing ok.

Muchos respect Oximon. Get drunk. Well... It's my way of coping with grief.

Anyone know of any type of urn talisman that isn't absurdly corny? Since he's being cremated, I'd like to keep a small part of him on something that I can carry with me.

Maybe a photo keyring, they're not that corny. Does it have to be physical though? My cat's the background on my phone.

My girlfriend's parents had their dog cremated too. It sits in a box in the living room, are you keeping him around or doing the scattering thing.

Mcoy's worst part was when he saw a black jumper on the bed he thought It as his cat : /

I still have that. If I pass my parents bedroom and catch a glimpse of something on the bed out of the corner of my eye I think it's him.

But I know where he really is, every time I go into the kitchen I look out the window and say hi.

Sorry to hear about your loss :sad:

I've only had gold-fish and gerbils has pets, until now really. Havn't had a dog since i was a young kid, but got put off them when this one bit me a few times. But we got another dog last year, and we now have one lovely dog who is so obediant, funny and soft. I've never known a dog to be like this.

My old cat Bootsy was 19 when we had to have him put down.

Really couldn't believe how upset i was about it, that was a good 10 years ago. He's under our decking now, so in Summer when we have BBQ's and such he's still around with us.

My condolences, mate. :( Just remember how good a life he's had and how you made his last hours more bearable. You helped him die in peace.

Hey, sorry to hear that. You did the best you could, really.

And you did well to share that with people, even if you're the cheery type, sharing your thoughts does help to some extent.

Desculpa não dizer muito mais, sou terrível nestas situações.

Vá, espero que fiques bem.

That is extremely sad. At least you stayed by him till the very end, it seems from what you have said that he felt the bond with you as much as you felt with him. Hope you're OK.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Although, I think you gave that dog a happy life. So, remember the good times, which you probably will.

Manhugs are coming your way.

I'm profoundly sorry for your loss Oxigen... :( to lose a pet is to lose a part of ones self, however even in their absence they will always occupy a place in your heart which is a small comfort but still one regardless.

I'm not sorry for your loss. 'm just very fucking jealous. You speak of this dog (yet you do not name him, which is interesting considering this is the most personal post you've ever made on this forum) being someone more important than your family. To me, my family aren't what the world tells me famly should be. I never had that sort of attachment that you formed. I've known rats from birth to death and I've not shed a tear. I really do feel that you have experienced something that I have never encountered, and at my age, I never will. There was no pet to follow me through life with its static existence. I had no object to which I could project my evolution upon.

To have a creature be with you through puberty, through your own transgression, and still be there is something fantastic, something I can never truly appreciate but only envy.

I made a thread recently about crying. This thread -- your post brought me close to that. You stayed with someone who could not do anything else themselves and you showed them your love 'til their last hour, something that I can only hope will happen to me when I reach my death bed. While you may feel only sorrow and sadness, you must know that you did a noble deed -- must've sought recogniton of your actions by making this thread.

While you come across as fairly sturmudgeon in your approach to the arts within this forum, or at least fairly steel-willed, I find it touching that you want to share this moment that has such importance to you with the rest of us. For this, I am thankful. It must've been a fairly harrowing experience, but, again, I have to stress that what you have done is something we all wish we could've done. While you will be grieving, you did the best you could in those final hours that your friend had, and despite any spirituality - I'm sure he is glad that you did so.

Best wishes. O_W.

What was his name?

Wagner, upon my fathers insistance, I'm affraid. I really hated the name, to be completely honest.

Get something like this, obviously it would be up to your taste etc.

My taste dictated that I will severely reconsider this, lol. :wink:

My girlfriend's parents had their dog cremated too. It sits in a box in the living room, are you keeping him around or doing the scattering thing.

Up to my brothers and parents, really. I don't really care, he was my dog, but he's gone, that lump of flesh that's left means little to me, so they can do with it's remains as they please... (quite a radical change for someone who wanted to carry parts of him around, yesterday, right? Well, I was emotionally tender, so there!)

As for me, I'll keep him on my mind, not alongside the furniture. : peace:

Desculpa não dizer muito mais, sou terrível nestas situações.

Quem não é? É sempre uma situação merdosa em que ninguém sabe o que dizer. Honestamente? Não há nada que se possa dizer, mesmo.

I'm not sorry for your loss.

You bastard!

'm just very fucking jealous. You speak of this dog (yet you do not name him, which is interesting considering this is the most personal post you've ever made on this forum) being someone more important than your family. To me, my family aren't what the world tells me famly should be. I never had that sort of attachment that you formed. I've known rats from birth to death and I've not shed a tear. I really do feel that you have experienced something that I have never encountered, and at my age, I never will. There was no pet to follow me through life with its static existence. I had no object to which I could project my evolution upon.

To have a creature be with you through puberty, through your own transgression, and still be there is something fantastic, something I can never truly appreciate but only envy.

I made a thread recently about crying. This thread -- your post brought me close to that. You stayed with someone who could not do anything else themselves and you showed them your love 'til their last hour, something that I can only hope will happen to me when I reach my death bed. While you may feel only sorrow and sadness, you must know that you did a noble deed -- must've sought recogniton of your actions by making this thread.

While you come across as fairly sturmudgeon in your approach to the arts within this forum, or at least fairly steel-willed, I find it touching that you want to share this moment that has such importance to you with the rest of us. For this, I am thankful. It must've been a fairly harrowing experience, but, again, I have to stress that what you have done is something we all wish we could've done. While you will be grieving, you did the best you could in those final hours that your friend had, and despite any spirituality - I'm sure he is glad that you did so.

Best wishes. O_W.

You magnificent bastard!

Yeah, I have this same problem with overall attachment, be it family or friends or whatnot. He was actually the exception because there was nothing there -I could even begin to hate. He was just there, no matter what, always the same. He was my bro! Pretty much what you're describing. The whole ritual was quite cathartic, actually. (went and checked the spelling on that one, and apparently a cathartic in also something that makes you poop faster, so in order to clarify, it didn't make me poop faster, it was the other type of catharsis, lol)

As for the recognition thing, who knows? Not as a primary conscious objective, but the subconscious does fuck around with one's ideas a lot, so it's likely.

And thanks to everyone else for "being there" (you know what I mean). ^^

I'm really sorry to hear about this OW. Losing a pet is always a gut-wrenching experience and you clearly loved it fondly. :(

I'm not a pet person but that really choked me up. :(

My family have dogs and i've witnessed a generation of their dogs pass away and it really is sad with the emptiness left behind.