N-Europe

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Retro_Link

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you mental in the face?

I'll break it down: I don't particularly like the PotC series, nor do I dislike it... When the first one got so much acclaim, I personally felt a bit alienated as to why. What was the reasoning behind it? Because as far as I'm concerned, it's a solid adventure movie, yes, but nothing extraordinary. Then the second one came along... and I sincerely felt utterly bored by it, it's just as generic as can be and the humour just completely stopped being funny, not to mention the fact that the story is just mediocre, except for the whole Davy Jones arc, which goes completely underdeveloped. Enter the third chapter, which picks up the story and actually gives some of the main characters some shred of personality, instead of the whole "absolutely good" persona they'd been carying up to that point. Plus, it finally gives Davy Jones the screen time he deserved, makes useless characters usefull, has solid action, with some epic set pieces. Some pretty cool "locations" and a solid closing...

The only reason it got hated on was pretty much because it's storyline is complicated, seeing as there's like 10 different things going on at once, but unless you have ADD, it's quite easy to understand.

Pretty much, out of the three... it has the characters at their best, the best action, the best settings, the best story, pretty much the best everything, and is, in my humble opinion, the superior film out of the 3. Which still doesn't elevate it beyond "good enough".

I like them all, though number 3 is probably my favourite as well.

Fuck, now I'm gonna have to think it over... :p

4819476713_7e032d28f5.jpg

LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products Announce Building Sets Inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean Films

BILLUND, Denmark, Nov. 18, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- The LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products today announced an upcoming collection of LEGO® brand Pirates of the Caribbean construction toys that will set children's imaginations sailing on thousands of build-and-play adventures. Scheduled to launch in spring 2011, eight new building sets will bring the action, stories and characters of the entire series of Pirates of the Caribbean films to life in LEGO form, including the spring 2011 premiere of the fourth installment, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides."

(Ugh, no thanks)

• 2 weeks later...

Trailer coming...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137715p1.html

fans will be the first to get an exclusive look at the brand-new trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tidesin 3D on December 13, 2010, at AMC Downtown Disney Theatre 12 in Anaheim, California, as part of an exclusive "Pirates Fans First!" event. The trailer will then debut online later that same day following the event.

Also...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137715p1.html

The X-Men of the Caribbean

Guess who was almost Captain Jack Sparrow?

Imagine if Johnny Depp wasn't Captain Jack Sparrow. Tough to, right? Well, it turns out Depp wasn't who the screenwriter of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl had in mind for the character when he penned the script.

"I initially wrote that character with Hugh Jackman in mind," screenwriter Stuart Beattie told Fox News. "Hence the name Captain JACK Sparrow."

Alas, Disney didn't deem Jackman a big enough star to carry the franchise despite him playing the lead role of Wolverine in the X-Men series.

In the article featured at the USA Today site, Johnny Depp says of Captain Jack Sparrow, "Captain Jack is about as fully realized a human as he can be. He's there. He's going to stay there. Which is fine."

Unlike the previous films in the series, much of the focus in Pirates 4 is on Jack rather than additional characters, which serves to "streamline" the story. "What's most interesting about Pirates 4 is you don't have to connect the dots for these subplots and sub-characters," Depp says. "It felt like a fresh, clean slate."

Adds USA Today, "Reckless complication will come in matters of the heart with Cruz's Angelica, who has a history with Sparrow. 'We have our bouts in the film, but there's also this residue of what might have been. It's a kind of love-hate thing,' Depp says. 'There's a little flavor of both.'"

19343L.jpg

19344L.jpg

Source - ComicbookMovie.com