N-Europe

What do you think of this tattoo?

Caris

I've been wanting a tattoo for years, but I've never found something like I'm 100% happy with until today.

After a bit of a play in Photoshop I've came up with something I really like, something that I don't think I will ever regret getting done, and it's a bit different.

But I want your opinion.

Obviously the crown is in a different style to the lion, as I got the 2 templates from different sites. When I get it done I would get it drawn so they look like the same. But aside form that, what do you think? Do you think the crown is the right size? Anything you think would make it look better?

final.jpg

I like it. If I ever get a tattoo it'll probably be a lion head one but I've never seen one that had the right face. The only thing I don't like is the eyes/eyebrows - too much of a gap there.

I'm guessing you'd have the crown over the head of the lion rather than behind it. Could do with being a bit smaller I guess. Other than that it gets a win in my book.

I don't want to cover my body in tattoos, this will most likely be the only one I will ever get.

Also I do consider myself to have a pretty high pain threshold, I had some pretty brutal falls when I used to bmx so I'm sure I will cope.

The lion would be jokier SANS crown.

Like...questioning why you got a lion on it's own, staring out into the abyss. The lion clearlty has so much on it's mind. The crown reminds me of false pretneces/england/patriotism/Lion's don't give a shit about crowns.

Look at that image every day for the next month. When you wake up and when you go to bed. If you find yourself not liking aspects of it, alter and repeat until you can confidently say you will never get tired of it.

I'm not badass enough for tattoos, but plenty of my friends have them.

Ah following on from what Cube said, I see each eyebrow as being Batman.

But I suppose on your arm it would be a bit smaller/smudgier so that probably wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Shorty
Automerged Doublepost

The lion would be jokier SANS crown.

Like...questioning why you got a lion on it's own, staring out into the abyss. The lion clearlty has so much on it's mind. The crown reminds me of false pretneces/england/patriotism/Lion's don't give a shit about crowns.

I assume that's the idea. Lions are symbolic of England (even if we're now more like baby cubs at best) as is the crown. Its super English.

Although it looks really sad. Lions should look scary, not sad.

Didn't he say it was a personal meaning?

It might not be England and all that crap.

Even if it does mean that to others it won't matter I guess.

Anyway, it's... a lion.

I don't have much of an opinion on it to be honest.

It can have a personal meaning that shares similarities with wider cultural meanings.

Like how pies are quintessentially British to everyone but to you in particular they're sexual.