Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

My boss has asked me to completely re-do the website. Which is good as the current CMS (a heavily modified Magento) is ultra slow. And I really enjoy building the websites. Much more than keeping them updated with new products. This time I'm using Joomla.

My boss has asked me to completely re-do the website. Which is good as the current CMS (a heavily modified Magento) is ultra slow. And I really enjoy building the websites. Much more than keeping them updated with new products. This time I'm using Joomla.

I know exactly how you feel there, mate! Updating with products is so boring! I was redoing the website at work for them but because the other office worker is back I haven't been needed for the past few days. When my boss eventually realises he needs me back to do this for him as going anywhere else would be really expensive I'll be up-ing the price I'm charging him and charging it to my new market business, which he'll be the first client of.

Is it an online store? Strange to use Magento if not.

Surprisingly, no. We do have products on there but it's not a shop (hence why it was heavily modified - I tore out all the shop bits). Back then I was hopeless at modifying themes so I found the look we wanted and just used that software (which happened to be Magento) We do have a separate online shop which I re-did recently (for similar reasons - Magento was really slow) which was built with OpenCart.