N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Well done!

Is it purely graphic design or is there the option to do other stuff too? Like, I did graphic design, but in the third year we get to pick a main field (graphic design, advertising, game design, interactive media and illustration). I picked illustration of course (hated graphic design haha).

Wondering how it works elsewhere. =)

Well done!

Is it purely graphic design or is there the option to do other stuff too? Like, I did graphic design, but in the third year we get to pick a main field (graphic design, advertising, game design, interactive media and illustration). I picked illustration of course (hated graphic design haha).

Wondering how it works elsewhere. =)

It's "Graphic Design with Multimedia" so it's got some web stuff thrown in, in the second year one of the choices is a 3D animation unit and others that I can't remember.

It's only the foundation degree (so the first two years) but if I want I can go somewhere else to do the third year, which will probably open up my choices even further.

Got results back from a set of exams I did. 2 A's (including english, yay! :D), 3 B's and 2 C's. Happy out :) Tá mé ar bharr na gaoithe!

Oh! Almost forgot, I've been nominated for 'student of the year' too :D I'm just, like, so popular.

Edited by Frank

I've been busy defying my critics and turning my vampiric night-shade lifestyle into a 9-5 job!

Last monday my mate called me at lunch and said there was an opening at his workplace... a B2B telesales firm (¬___¬). I then started on tuesday! It's a train ride away, so even before my first payday I shelled out £34.20 for a week ticket and began The Job.

I'm calling up existing companies to check their contact details and try to see if they want a quote for our services. It's "luke-warm" calling, so it's a completely varied reaction. I don't really have any targets currently, though i try to aim for 25 calls a minute. Currently this week I'm in the lead for the most quote achieved - which is, like, cool and stuff.

So yeah! It's nice to be working, to know that the future's that little bit brighter. On friday I'll be paid roughly 5 times the amount I've been living on weekly for 8 months. I am planning to continue spending thriftish amounts, and I'm looking forward to being able to say "yes!" to friends when they invite me out.

I'm going to keep looking for a job, though -there's a company nearby that pays £10 an hour for a similar/easier job, and I'd be saving on teh £35 a week trainfare. Finger and finger are crossed :)

I must look completely insane on Tumblr. :heh:

And in real life.

2vxj040.jpg

Found out today the bitchcuntshithead who got me arrested has continued her downward spiral (since I last heard about her a few years ago) and was spotted look rough and fat, and presumably working a shit job.

Mess with the bull...

302anty.jpg

Finished my last piece of coursework for the academic year :yay: Lectures are now finished as well so I can relax for the next couple of weeks.

Only got exams in May and then a couple of months of summer to sort out a disertation topic. Everything seems to be moving so fast.