NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Although I have no intention of ever becoming a teacher/lecturer, I've decided to be proactive to put my name forward to teach Biological Psychology my university's access learning program during the summer.

I know there has already been quite a few people who have put their names forward to teach so I don't know if I'll get it but thought it would be good experience and interesting (plus getting upwards of £450 to take 6 or 7 hour lectures over a couple of days doesn't sound too bad). I'm hoping that the fact that I'm researching memory and emotion on more of a neuropsychology view point within the department will give me a little bit of an edge over others who have put their names forward to cover the same lectures.

We'll see. If I don't get it, then it's not the end of the world. That being said, I've got my fingers somewhat crossed that I'll get it.

I'm wearing a kilt. Kilts are fun!

1) is it a traditional Scottish kilt of a posh English Victorian kilt?

2) are you wearing it like a true Scot?

Well he's not posting in the drunken thread, so I guess not.

1) is it a traditional Scottish kilt of a posh English Victorian kilt?

It's a basic modern one and yes, always, without failure.

Joined a 5-aside league the other week. Our team took over from a team who were in bottom place in the top league (halfway through the season). We scored 10-0, including a goal from yours truly.

I even did a spell in net when our keeper took one to the scrote, so I'm claiming the clean sheet bonus as well (not that I had to much, but I think my presence in goal was enough).

I have a new job. It's in Bright House and it's 30 hours, which is more than double the hours I'm doing now. I worked out my wage and wow, it's a huge difference. Of course, I have an induction kind of thing to do first and then I get my shifts next week. I'm just absolutely terrified though. I got phoned up and told that the interview would be tomorrow. However, I said I could do it today instead. They said that it would be fine to do it today so I went there and had it. It couldn't have gone better and got offered an induction pretty much on the spot. It's not even an induction, it's just to see whether I like the job.

My manager in my current job has found out. She's not happy whatsoever! She found out because I phoned one of my colleagues to ask her to change my shift. She said "So I take it you got it? Well done!" and the manager in my current job overheard her and put two and two together after looking at the rotas and seeing who she swapped with. Maybe it'll buck her ideas up on how to treat staff but I'm going to end it on good terms just in case I don't like this job (which I doubt because someone who used to work with me works in a Bright House and loves it).

Just really nervous for tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Joined a 5-aside league the other week. Our team took over from a team who were in bottom place in the top league (halfway through the season). We scored 10-0, including a goal from yours truly.

I even did a spell in net when our keeper took one to the scrote, so I'm claiming the clean sheet bonus as well (not that I had to much, but I think my presence in goal was enough).

United could use you right now.

I reckon a 30million pound offer will seal the deal.

Semi-srs.

Although I have no intention of ever becoming a teacher/lecturer, I've decided to be proactive to put my name forward to teach Biological Psychology my university's access learning program during the summer.

Whilst watching Teachers last year I came to the conclusion that I would make an awesome teacher just like them, only without the chain smoking.

Just really nervous for tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Good Laaooock!

Thanks.

I've woken up, petrified. I had to take deep breaths. I don't know why I'm like this. I think it's because everything has happened so fast. Yesterday, at this time, everything was normal. Today, I have another job with better hours and more pay even though I have to drive just that little bit further, which is fine. I was supposed to be working in the shoe shop today as well, hehe.

I still haven't handed in my notice yet so it's still there but I have a feeling something funny will happen when I do. I've never handed in a notice before, when do you do it and what is it you'd say?

I still haven't handed in my notice yet so it's still there but I have a feeling something funny will happen when I do. I've never handed in a notice before, when do you do it and what is it you'd say?

When I did in May I spoke to my manager and explained why I was leaving. He realised that there wasn't anything he could do to keep me there so after the conversation I handed him a signed letter explaining that I was leaving. I kept it short because I knew I'd tell him in person.

I usually ask to see the manager in private, explain that I've been offered another job, taken it and which to discuss notice periods.

I also take in my resignation, that explains nicely and to the point of how I am grateful for the opportunity but from date will no longer be working with them.

:)

A job has appeared at a company I'd really love to work for! They're based in Sheffield and make really cute looking resources for primary teachers. I've already sent an email stating my interest and asking for more information. :bouncy:

My first day went fantastically. I was lifting sofas, chairs, tables and all that shit. I also sort of fixed a telly, answered a few calls and re-arranged some of the shop. I had to take a literacy and numeracy test, which scared me because I'm awful at maths...no, seriously, I'm terrible. But I got 7/10 questions right and 10/10 on literacy. Yeah, everything went well. Truly happy.

Tomorrow though, I have to have another interview for them to decide whether to keep me on or not. Apparently though, the manager I was working with was more than happy to keep me on as she was delighted with my performance in the store.

Congrats Dazz :) So does this mean you'll have one full-time job instead of two part-time?

Congratulations @Animal, I hope it makes you happy!

I confirmed with my Principal that they don't need me to work from next Monday (three days before the Lunar Holiday) so I get two weeks off! YAAAAY!

Got offered and accepted a Job today, yay, back in employment starting Feb 10th :D

Got a call on Monday inviting me to an interview on Tuesday, went in, thought it went well. Got a call later same day inviting me to a 2nd round interview on the Wednesday, the next day. Thought that must be a good sign if they calling me back to soon. Again thought the 2nd interview went well. And just got a call this morning offering me a job.

Gonna go out now and buy some new office pants and shirts :D

Nice, there's something in the air I think! Congrats everyone.

Today is Friday, I have a new graphics card and new power supply. If I get this upgraded it will be awesome!

I got it confirmed that I passed my 6 month trial at work through a clothing order.

Two colleagues talking loudly in the office:

"I was going to do another clothing order, do we need any more polo shirts?"

"yeah well we're keeping Bob, so he'll need a couple more"

Yeah! They can't get rid of me now, or they'll have wasted the cost of a polo shirt!

Great work news guys!

I just got a reply from a person at Twinkl saying I'm welcome to come in to their office next Thursday for a chat. :love:

@Mokong I always do that when I get a new job too (except it's usually a dress :P )!

I got it confirmed that I passed my 6 month trial at work through a clothing order.

Two colleagues talking loudly in the office:

"I was going to do another clothing order, do we need any more polo shirts?"

"yeah well we're keeping Bob, so he'll need a couple more"

Yeah! They can't get rid of me now, or they'll have wasted the cost of a polo shirt!

They ... they don't call you Dr. bob?

To my face, obviously yes.

Behind my back, sadly not.