N-Europe

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Retro_Link

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a prominent character in the cartoon.

Yeah I had a quick wiki of the character, and looked at some artwork, some of which Hardy certainly seems to fit looks wise.

I'm just thankful those asking for him as Killer Croc didn't get their wish!... No CGI characters in this trilogy please!

• 2 weeks later...
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1133672p1.html

Who Are Batman 3's Leading Ladies?

Six actresses reportedly vying for two female leads.

Six beautiful actresses are reportedly under consideration for the two unspecified female leads in The Dark Knight Rises.

Deadline claims "one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain." The six actresses are Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz and Blake Lively.

Portman, a Star Wars vet, is no stranger to comic book movies having appeared in V for Vendetta and the forthcoming Thor. Knightley starred in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy and also was up for the female lead in Captain America: The First Avenger. Hathaway was rumored to be playing either the Black Cat or Vulturess in Spider-Man 4 before Sony opted to go the reboot route instead. Gossip Girl's Lively plays Carol Ferris in next summer's Green Lantern. Watts' genre films include The Ring and Peter Jackson's King Kong. Curiously enough, Oscar winner Weisz, whose stateside breakthrough came in The Mummy, has long been rumored for the role of Catwoman in the film.

That's quite an age range between actresses; the eldest is Watts at 42, the youngest Lively at 23.

Sure these are the types of names that always get banded around for female leads, and so I'm not sure how much can be read into this...

However if two of these six were to get lead roles I think personally I'd like to see Rachel Weisz and Natalie Portman take the roles... with Weisz as the baddie and Portman as the love interest?

Keira Knightley I find difficult to take seriously after Pirates, and Blake Lively seems to be classed as a good up and coming actress but she's gonna be in DC's Green Lantern (Natalie Portmans in Thor, but at least that's a different universe). Wasn't overly impressed by Naomi Watts in King Kong (don't think I've seen her in anything else) and Anne Hathaway I associate to much with the likes of Devil Wears Prada (which she's good in), Valentines Day etc... type movies.

Edited by Retro_Link

They're all awful choices. Weisz couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.
I don't think they're all aweful! I think a couple are perfectly decent. Katie Holmes was directed well enough in the first movie and she's not in the same class as most of those names.

Rachel Weisz is aweful in films like The Mummy, but how is she in films like The Fountain? She certainly has a good look though.

I don't think they're all aweful! I think a couple are perfectly decent. Katie Holmes was directed well enough in the first movie and she's not in the same class as most of those names.

She was bloody abysmal in Batman Begins.

Rachel Weisz is aweful in films like The Mummy, but how is she in films like The Fountain? She certainly has a good look though.

Still pretty awful. Someone needs to tell her her American accent is just offensively bad.

Naomi Watts is the best actress on that list. She's great. And I like the fact she's "older" (so is Weisz actually). Blake Lively in it would be ridiculous (as the love interest), she's really young, and I'd rather she stuck to the GL franchise.

Naomi Watts would be good perhaps, what's she in other King Kong? I'm struggling to think what I've seen her in!

Mulholland Drive, Eastern Promises, Funny Games, The Ring, Tank Girl, I Heart Huckabees...

21 Grams.

Of the list, I don't know the last one, but the rest is all good as far as I'm concerned. But I prefer Rachel Weisz and Anne Hathaway. For the love interest and villainess respectively. However, objectively I think Naomi Watts looks like the most natural fit as a love interest for Christian Bale. I don't know which villains will appear, but now I've made the associations, I can totally see (and lust after) Anne Hathaway as Harlequin.

IGN speculated they could use Talia Al Ghul as the love interest for Bruce Wayne, (I guess coming to Gotham to avenge her father she'd then find out Bruce is infact who she's after), and Catwoman would have taken over as protector of the city during The Dark Knights time out.

I'm so scared of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

Talia and Catwoman just clash for me. But then Nolan did get Joker AND Two-Face into a movie fairly successfully, so we'll see (if the rumors of character choices are even true).

I still want Black Mask.

Well both of them remind me of babyfaces. Hardy seems to have more imposing prescence. But then Ledger as Joker showed us that anyone could be a great psycho underneath it all.

bblack.jpg

I think he's meant to be Italian too, or at least of Italian origin.

Yeah, I think Catwoman could be an awkward fit, but not if they adapted her backstory with Black Mask. It's pretty awesome. And it literallys ties the two together - he messes with her family in some pretty sick ways IIRC.

catwomakillsblackmask2mn0.jpgcatwomankillsblackmaskqn0.jpg

I wasn't overly keen with having Catwoman in the film, but I'm certainly growing more and more towards the idea. Like you say it could be done really well with the right story... and her inclusion just seems to make sense with her taking over as Gothams protector whilst Batmans gone.

Personally (as I've said before) I think the story has really progressed to far for Talia Al Gulh to really play a part now. I just don't think it would be all that interesting to the audience bringing up the first film again now. I think it's more important to progress the story with another great film than necessarily worrying about trying to bring a trilogy full circle.

Thankfully Nolan himself has never really looked at these films as a trilogy, it is of course the movie company's stance.

• 3 weeks later...

I still don't believe Nolan will do it, but here we go again...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137462p1.html

Joker Cameo Rumored Again

Gossip claims Ledger will be digitally resurrected for Dark Knight Rises.

Call it the Batman rumor that just won't die.

Even though director Christopher Nolan said emphatically in June that Joker won't return for The Dark Knight Rises or in any other Bat-sequel he may make, speculation continues that the late Heath Ledger will be digitally resurrected for the third film.

According to Showbiz Spy, "The idea is to use these fragments of cut scenes and use CGI to have The Joker appear one last time. ... Chris wants some continuity between movies and for the franchise to pay tribute to Heath and his portrayal of the Joker. It would only be a fleeting moment in the movie and would only be included with the full consent of Heath's family."

Just stick the Jokers laugh echoing down the halls of Arkham Asylum upon a visit by Batman. Or maybe an 'easter egg' cctv of his cell on one of the TV's in a security guards office or something (a bit like how they did The Hulk in Iron Man 2). Personally I don't want to see a physical Joker in this film.

Also as expected...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137519p1.html

Nolan's Last Batman Movie

Director talks up The Dark Knight Rises.

Director Christopher Nolan has labeled The Dark Knight Rises "the last chapter of our Batman saga."

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Nolan said, "I feel very glad that I'm doing another Batman film. I think it would have been daunting to sit down and write an original script after [the success of] Inception. I love working within the realm and rules of our Batman world. It's kind of nice to have someplace to go that I'm super-excited about."

Nolan added, "I must say that I'm glad — I'm very, very glad — to be embarking on the last chapter of our Batman saga without any sense of obligation or duty to the studio. They did very well with Inception. So I'm able to go into finishing our story in a very enthusiastic way."

The Dark Knight Rises reportedly starts filming in May.

And it seems Inceptions success has allowed him to do entirely what he wants on the film, without having to worry about what the studio wants to include in order to make money (ala Spiderman 3).

the idea of a Joker cameo is just bullshit- Nolan and Ledger worked very closely together for months and his death could only have been traumatic for everyone involved in the film. The idea that they'd 'ressurect' him for ticket sales after all they did together is simply preposterous.

Well both of them remind me of babyfaces. Hardy seems to have more imposing prescence. But then Ledger as Joker showed us that anyone could be a great psycho underneath it all.

bblack.jpg

Awesome as he looks, I think people start comparing him to Red Skull when the Captian America film is out. They might avoid using him.

Awesome as he looks, I think people start comparing him to Red Skull when the Captian America film is out. They might avoid using him.
Hmm I think Nolan would portray him in a realistic way like the rest of his universe, even if that meant altering the appearance of the character slightly. Though it is only a wooden mask that he wears after all. I don't think Red Skull is reason not to use him, especially if Nolan feels it makes sense.

Also from Nolan yesterday, as expected...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137642p1.html

At an industry event last night for the upcoming release of his film Inception on Blu-ray and DVD, Nolan addressed the latest rumors about the return of the late Heath Ledger's Joker in the director's upcoming threequel, The Dark Knight Rises -- rumors that he'd already adamantly squashed before, but which seemingly refuse to die. "That's all wrong," Nolan told Thompson on Hollywood.

He himself also confirmed Tom Hardy...

He also confirmed that Inception's Tom Hardy has indeed been cast in Dark Knight Rises in "a key role, not saying good or bad."

Rumor: John Cena To Take Over From Christian Bale As Batman?

I know I know, sounds ridiculous right? But a couple of sites are reporting on the rumor that WWE's John Cena may be next in line to don the cape and cowl after The Dark Knight Rises..

A couple of weeks ago John Cena was named as a possible contender for Zack Snyder's Superman reboot. Nobody gave that rumor any attention, but it seems that the WWE superstar really was on a list of potential actors to portray the Man of Steel. Now, how seriously that list was looked at by director Zack Snyder is another matter, as he seemed to very quick to shoot down the rumor when asked about it recently.

Now another rumor has sprung up linking Cena with the role of Bruce Wayne. As we know, Chris Nolan's next film will be his last foray into the world of Batman and Christian Bale is fairly sure it will be his last time playing the role. Movieweb(via The Examiner) is reporting that Cena might be being considered to take over from Bale as The Caped Crusader somewhere down the line. They also say that he himself has expressed interest, and that its unclear if he will be looked at for a future movie, or the recently rumored Batman Tv show.

Obviously the idea that WB and DCE would look to a pro wrestler, albeit one with at least some modicum of acting ability, to follow up Christian Bale as The Dark Knight sounds pretty ludicrous. But then again I'm sure that if back in the 90s you had heard that Tim Burton and Michael Keaton would be replaced by Joel Schumaker and George Clooney's Bat nipples you would have laughed too. Still, its unlikely that WB are even thinking about the next step for the franchise given Nolan's next film has not even started production yet.

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

Bullshit rumour, but figure you guys may like an amusing read.