N-Europe

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Retro_Link

Nightwing?? That's a bit of a leap. Going to Nightwing without Robin would not be popular with the fans.

Robin would not be popular with anyone, so... it kind of makes sense.

500 Days of Summer, Inception and 10 Things I Hate About You (but I barely that film or the fact he was in it so that shouldn't count).

I don't mean "plays the same character" the way Michael Cera does, more like..he has the exact same prescence in those films. Fair enough, it is only two films...:santa:

Like previously mentioned... Mysterious Skin (I'm 100% certain you'll love it) and Brick. Also, Hesher is awesome... but very hard to find.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will seek out Mysterious Skin. And Brick is one that is on my list, so it's fine.

---

I wouldn't mind a teaser at the end of Rises or something, Bruce briefly mentioning he was going to the circus or something, and the tickets saying Flying Graysons on it. As long as nothing is made of it in the film.

I think the most convincing role that I've seen mentioned has been the possibility of him playing Alberto Falcone. Would tie in with Batman Begins and Carmine is still in prison during the second film. With most of the mob now in jail, would make sense to have him 'rise' to power.

Plus, if they do it that way they could have him team up with pre-Venom Bane. That'd perhaps work. Then, perhaps Batman stops one of their schemes, something happens to Falcone and Strange turns up and give Bane the Venom injection and so forth.

Bane needn't be the semi-Hulk he is in the books- they just need to change the focus from brute strength to, say, being amazing in hand to hand combat and make him exponentially strong due to venom. They need only 'do a 300' for muscle if they must.
Oh yeah, that's totally my feeling. I just hope that's exactly what they actually do!

I don't see Gordon-Levitt playing anyone from the Rogues Gallery. Batman has always been at the forefront of Nolans films, overloading with all these characters won't work.

I'm betting a rookie cop who challenges Jim Gordon on the lack of progress on capturing Batman, or maybe part of the Mob.

Question with Emma Thomas, Chris Nolans Wife/TDKR Producer

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1148087p1.html

IGN: The two previous Batman films have been grounded in that heightened reality that Chris loves. Introducing what's perhaps the most fantastical character yet from the mythos, Bane, one who is so larger than life, can you talk about the challenges of putting a character like that into such a real world and not losing any of things that make him so appealing to fans?

Emma Thomas: I don't know. It's kind of early to talk about that. It's very hard to talk about this movie except to say that we're going to be staying true to the world that Chris created with the other movies and it's gonna be great.

It's not much, but at least it offers a small ounce of reasurrance!

• 2 weeks later...
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1149474p1.html

Cotillard Joining Dark Knight Rises

The Inception actress reportedly cast as second female lead.

The Dark Knight Rises has reportedly added another Oscar winner to its cast (after Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman).

Batman-on-Film first pointed out this article at Le Figaro that claims Marion Cotillard has been cast as the second female lead in the Bat-threequel and will shoot her scenes this summer.

The Hollywood Reporter has now confirmed this with the actress' reps, who said Cotillard is "in discussions" to join the film and is currently discussing scheduling issues. Cotillard is pregnant, but she's due this spring so it's possible she could be back to work by summer.

"The plan is for Cotillard to start shooting mid-June in London, film all summer in L.A. and Pittsburgh and wrap mid-November in New York," according to THR.

While Cotillard's role isn't specified, both BoF and THR speculate that she'll most likely play Talia Al Ghul. Liam Neeson played her father Ra's in Batman Begins.

I'm a bit fed up with the media constantly speculating over the same few roles for everyone involved in the film. Talia Al Ghul is of course a possibility, but she could be playing all number of roles. No one thought Tom Hardy would end up as Bane.

We'll just have to wait and see, although first she's actually got to take the part!

There's also rumours that JGL will play Alberto Falconi, which fits with the Catwomen/Falconi story we've been talking about.

stumbled across some news, which is kinda old now, but don't think it's been posted here?

JGL character in the dark knight rises revealed?

Joseph Gordon-Levitt will appear in Christopher Nolan's upcoming film The Dark Knight Rises, but he might not be the person you expect. He will be playing a new villain that is connected to Batman Begins

Sources had the following to say: "Well he has signed on to the film in a villainous role previously undisclosed until now. Levitt will be portraying Alberto Falcone aka the Holiday Killer. He is the estranged son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (portrayed by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins) who returns to Gotham to take over the underworld once fiercly ruled by his father before the arrival of Batman."

let the supporters rejoice let the fanboys who got it wrong find something to moan about.

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

JGL is alright, but I feel like he's been the same character in all I've seen him in, which admittedly isn't a lot. Please no Riddler ffs though.

Although you won't watch them because you're a pussy about spoilers but it provided a useful form of procrastination :p

But seriously. I do respect that he's done a reasonable range (some of the characters are similarish but there's a few different 'sets') when he could have probably coasted on the awkward/funny guy from 3rd Rock.

Dark Knight Rises: Plot Revealed?

Here's the online community's latest attempt to decipher the plot to The Dark Knight Rises.

Badass Digest claims to have learned from "a good source near the Batcamp" how all the elements we've learned about the film so far -- Catwoman, Bane, Talia Al Ghul -- fit together in the Bat-threequel. The site isn't saying this is for sure, mind you, so bear that in mind when you read these possible (if true) spoilers.

"I can't tell you what role she has in the beginning, but by the end of the story Catwoman isn't a villain but rather an ally of Batman. And who are they teaming up to take out? The League of Shadows," according to Badass Digest. "Headed by Talia Al'Ghul. With Bane, who is her muscle/possible love interest."

They add that they have been told Joseph Gordon-Levitt will also play a villain in the film, but they're not sure which one. Anne Hathaway plays Selina Kyle opposite Tom Hardy as Bane. Marion Cotillard is reportedly up for the role of Talia. Liam Neeson recently told us that he won't be back as Ra's for TDKR.

The League of Shadows makes sense seeing as how they also appeared in Batman Begins headed by Talia's father, Ra's Al Ghul. Bruce Wayne trained with them, so presumably that would be how the villains would already know Batman's secret identity. Hell, they all showed up at the end to burn Wayne Manor down and not all of them died, so presumably someone made it back overseas to tell the tale.

In the comics, Bane spent time with Ra's Al Ghul not long after the former had broken Batman's back during the "Knightfall" storyline. Ra's had considered the musclebound baddie as a possible heir and husband to Talia, but that didn't end up working out. Bane later returned to Gotham City to seek out Bruce Wayne for a very different reason: He'd learned during his stay with Ra's that his mysterious biological father might be the late Dr. Thomas Wayne, which would make him and Batman half-brothers.

UPDATED: Batman-on-Film says its confirmed the aforementioned plot rumors as being accurate.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/115/1153197p1.html

"Mr Bale, Mr Bale... after the late Heath Ledger won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar as The Joker, do you worry with such a stellar supporting cast you might be outshone by some of your co-stars?"

"No not at all, I'm not worried about any other actor stealing the limelight from me!"

"No? How about inanimate objects, slightly out of focus in the background?"

You didn't read them did you?... you're so against spoilers!

None for me thanks!

Of course not. Though I guess my post makes it look like I did.

I was just expressing my distaste that they were even posted. :shakehead