NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

HMV with some trade ins.

Shame the packaging is crap but I suppose its tiny.

51zq4YJq3TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

31Jf8batzwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

External hard drive. 1.5 TB. Nice.

And 2 GB ram. Hopefully it will all be here by the weekend so I can format my PC and install Windows 7. I can't continue using XP much longer...:D

How much did you pay for windows 7? I'm thinking of getting the student version for £30, but it's the upgrade and I'd rather get the full thing..

80€ for the OEM (it took me a while to find out what this is) from Amazon (Germany :p).

I never thought to look on amazon for it, I might do that.

I want to completely wipe my desktop pc, but upgrading it will only cause hassle, I'll have a search round then.

I want to completely wipe my desktop pc

That's what I want to do, too. Exactly why I've bought the OEM version, which is cheaper than the "normal" one. You can't upgrade older Windows versions with it so you need a formatted hard drive. So if you intend to save money, go for OEM :p

And 2 GB ram. Hopefully it will all be here by the weekend so I can format my PC and install Windows 7. I can't continue using XP much longer...:D

If you already have an alright (1-2GB) amount of RAM go ahead and make the jump now, RAM is an easy drop in drop out component that an OS will automagically account for. No reason to make sure you have it all at format/installation.

Though I suppose more could speed the process up, but in my experience Win 7 was pretty quick.

cultural_citybreaks_rome.jpgitaly-duomo.jpg

pisa.jpg

Me and my girlfriend booked our trip to Rome, Florence and Pisa at the beginning of June, should be awesome! Spending every night in some nice 4 star hotels, can't wait.

Me and my girlfriend booked our trip to Rome, Florence and Pisa at the beginning of June, should be awesome! Spending every night in some nice 4 star hotels, can't wait.

Jealous!

All three are very lovely cities! I only spent a short time in Pisa though, a bit longer in the other two. Lots to see! =)

Sailing boat tour around San Francisco bay

sailboat&bridge.jpg

Beginner rock climbing day

rock-climbing.jpg

Both as plans for dates, I think they should go down well.

Sounds awesome :)

As I was walking home I was thinking of booking a weekend in Italy after I finish uni. My original plan was to go for a week if I get a job sorted before then now I think I may just go for the weekend anyway.

That's really cool, stupid question, but are all 3 city visits / stays part of one package? or did you arrange places to stay in each place separately? I'd love to go to them one day!

Sailing boat tour around San Francisco bay

Beginner rock climbing day

Both as plans for dates' date=' I think they should go down well.[/quote']

That's some exciting dates! fair play dude, your really living it up over there! :bowdown:

That's really cool, stupid question, but are all 3 city visits / stays part of one package? or did you arrange places to stay in each place separately? I'd love to go to them one day!

Thanks, we booked everything separately using lastminute and the flights from Ryanair. Lastminute do "secret" hotels where they basically give you a big discount but don't tell you the hotel name until you've paid, but googling the hotel description always gives you the hotel name (they often copy paste hotel descriptions).

We will be using the train which is pretty quick to get between the cities. And oh yeah, we got a massive discount on the Pisa to London flight due to getting it in advance, it basically didn't have a load if certain charges you normally incur (that flight was about 30 pounds each, cheaper than a train from London to Manchester!)

All in all we did a fair bit of research, and hotels plus travel we got for £350 each! Bring on June. :)

Bose Speakers - £220

Bose_Companion_5.bmp

Calvin Klein Sunglasses - £29

0AD71049.jpg

(They don't actually look like these that much, but couldn't find a better picture.)

How much did you pay for windows 7? I'm thinking of getting the student version for £30, but it's the upgrade and I'd rather get the full thing..

Just get the student version, you can still do a clean install from an upgrade even on a clean unused hard drive.

RatestPurchase.jpg

Coupla shirts,

Coupla jeans,

Coupla pads,

Coupla Discworld books,

Coupla Assassin's Creed books.

pr0.

Just booked up a nights stay at the Brooklands hotel and spa (near thorpe park and hotel overlooks the mercedes test track eeeeee). Gunna have a day of relaxation there then the following day going to the theme park :love:

Booking as a present to the mrs as been together for 2 years at end of june

Went into town not really expecting to buy anything. Turns out there is 30% off all Superdry this weekend. Came away with:

Shirts:

5719522787_bdd85b1ea5.jpg

5719523547_41908c3126.jpg

5719521753_2c43e7b836.jpg

and an iPad sized bag:

5720079896_ff2fe9a5e6.jpg

I also happened across a toy shop, and so I bought a chess set as I promised the girl I'm seeing I'd teach her to play:

5720085488_58028526a2.jpg

I don't normally care for Superdry but that bag is cool.

31yDRN+qN+L._SL500_SX182_SH35_.jpg

I blame Razz. His Italianess seems to have rubbed off on me.

I think I probably have to play Chess first. This girl is definitely not the usual type of girl I go out with.