NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

So does this mean you actually enjoyed Eternal Sonata? :heh:

Edit: This was directed at Josh.

Hahahaha, I didn't go back to it after the terrible response on N-Europe :P That and I had a bunch of other games at the time and totally forgot about it!

That said, I already played Fragile dreams when it first came out and loved it then... and after a few hours play I still love it now! It has its flaws but they can easily be overlooked. And whilst the two games look very similar (and are probably by the same team, I didn't bother to check :P) this is already miles better just by the pace (and lack of flowers) and characters (the weird backpack thing is like an amazing version of FLUDD).

Hahahaha, I didn't go back to it after the terrible response on N-Europe :P

Good. I mean, I was the only one who disliked it, but good. It's an awful game. :p

Actually, I'm not sure how much involvement Tri-Crescendo had with Fragile Dreams. By far the worst part of Eternal Sonata was the story, so if they didn't have anything to do with the story in Fragile Dreams, maybe it's better.

Well. It would have to be, really.

What was wrong with the story in Eternal Sonata? It had the standard JRPG deviation (and hour long death monologues) but the core premise and parallels with Chopin's life were pretty fucking rad.

Been on a bit of a Sonic kick since really enjoying Sonic Generations and finding out I could play Sonic Colours with a GC controller gave me a reason to buy it. The book was just something ive been meaning to get for a while now.

sonic-colours-big.jpghistorysonic.jpg

Enjoy Colours. I bought it not too long ago and loved it. :D

@Josh64: I'm tempted to get Fragile at some point because it looks lovely. Did you pay much for it?

81ekrVveTaL._SL1500_.jpg

No Game of Thrones, but pretty good.

Indeed. Glad to see there are other fans of this.

What was wrong with the story in Eternal Sonata?

Everything? It made no sense, the characters all seemed to have been dropped on the head when they were little and it was so, so boring.

The idea of playing through the last moments of Chopin's life as he dreams of a magical world based around music was interesting, but then the whole thing devolved into typical JRPG tropes with evil emperors, a useless resistance and magical McGuffins, but done in the most boring way possible.

Don't you dare criticize the hour-long death monologue, though. That was the best part of the game. "Did she...? Is she finally...? Nope, she's still going!" :p

Everything? It made no sense, the characters all seemed to have been dropped on the head when they were little and it was so, so boring.

The idea of playing through the last moments of Chopin's life as he dreams of a magical world based around music was interesting, but then the whole thing devolved into typical JRPG tropes with evil emperors, a useless resistance and magical McGuffins, but done in the most boring way possible.

Don't you dare criticize the hour-long death monologue, though. That was the best part of the game. "Did she...? Is she finally...? Nope, she's still going!" :p

Well, it was a dream and with a JRPG you kind of have to expect and deal with the tropes. There's some depth to it though if you consider Chopin's life and the way the story in the game draws parallels with many of the events in it.

The monologue was trash though. I'll do nothing but criticise it.

[edit]

Sorry to derail the thread.

The good prince of the neighboring kingdom: "Hmm, soon the evil King Joffrey will have amassed a monster army, at which point I have no hope to defend my kingdom from his invasion. Whatever will I do! I could assassinate him rather easily... but that would be mean. I could invade his kingdom first and defeat him before he has a chance to build up his army... but that would be mean, too. Aw, man.

Wait, I've got it! I'll sneak off to Joffrey's kingdom in the middle of the night with my loyal princess (who was actually spying on me for Joffrey, but that doesn't really bother me) and let him imprison me. Then he's sure to leave my kingdom alone!"

^Actual thing that happens in Eternal Sonata. Of course, there it takes about thirty minutes.

But whatever, at least Josh had the good sense to listen to me when I said the game sucked. :p

Waited too long to buy the ebay auction with both Metroid Prime 1+2 and it was sold so I just went with the first. If I want to get the second I'll just get it once ive played the first.

250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg

Nexus 7 and Chromecast I picked up in America. Chromecast works pretty well.

IMG_20130803_164223.jpg

Pretty difficulty decision to play Earthbound or Pikmin 3 first (seems I forgot to include Earthbound in the photo but it's there X_X).

IMG_20130803_164326.jpg

SPENDING SPREE

1000858_10153089689965581_1716829802_n.jpg

47063_10153089690020581_322017421_n.jpg

Argos R awesome. Normally £9.99 each, but reduced to £7.49 + 3 for 2 on toys event.

17748_10153089690495581_2005116085_n.jpg

1098247_10153089690045581_79801119_n.jpg

Josh64: I'm tempted to get Fragile at some point because it looks lovely. Did you pay much for it?

It really does look amazing, if it didn't use the Wiimote so well I'd constantly forget it's on Wii!

And I paid £15 from CEX which is a pretty great price, especially considering it was in fantastic condition. Not a scratch on the box or disc, I was so giddy in the queue.

But It Now prices on eBay seem to be about £20 so assuming CEX has the same prices across the board, you should try and find it there. They have a handy thing on their site which tells you what games they have in any specific store. Or you can like, order online I guess, which is probably easier :p

pikmin-3-box-art.jpg

Rather enjoying it, which is suprising.

SPENDING SPREE

Where was this shizzle from?

Wouldn't mind Labrynth meself.

DANCE MAGIC DANCE.

Where was this shizzle from?

Wouldn't mind Labrynth meself.

DANCE MAGIC DANCE.

Blu-Rays were from HMV. LEGO from LEGO Shop. Turtles from Argos 3 for 2.

Lots of amazing material. I need to rewatch it again soon.

Although if it hasn't been dispatched yet, cancel Razor. You don't need it - it's in the big box set.

I've been watching the series on DVD but I'm enjoying it so much that I decided to take the plunge and get them all on Blu-Ray, once I've watched the series I'll then watch them all chronologically...

Caprica - Blood & Chrome - Mini-series - BSG S1-3 - Razor - BSG S4/Final - The Plan

Pretty sure that's correct?

Either way I'm really glad that I decided to get it when I did as it's a really fantastic series. :D

Chronologically, Razor is after the season 2 episode "Black Market".

Interesting... I'm actually up to Season two at the moment so I'll watch it after 'Black Market' I could have sworn that it stated on Wikipedia that Razor takes place between seasons three and four, though I most likely read this wrong, anyway consider my viewing chronology updated. :)

Everything else is correct though surely?

I started playing that yesterday. Did the tutorial/starting sections then the first main level and I'm loving it so far.

Edit: I just grabbed the main DLC. May as well, especially as I have a few quid in my wallet from selling cards.

Edited by Cube

I started playing that yesterday. Did the tutorial/starting sections then the first main level and I'm loving it so far.

Edit: I just grabbed the main DLC. May as well, especially as I have a few quid in my wallet from selling cards.

Yeah my remaining card money went yesterday on Oblivion. Gonna have to install some more of my games that still have drops available to make some more money I think.