NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

61WllD0mX2L._SS500_.jpg

Never heard of them...Amazon recommended it to me. Listened to one song...and bought it.

I've had it for a few years..

I'd say it's OK and I liked it alright when I first got it, but I don't listen to it much now :hmm:

I actually ordered these things Friday, but they arrived today.

Negima! 27

51kwG-Ago2L._SS500_.jpg

Negima! 28

51NnlAFDJ5L._SS500_.jpg

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End Soundtrack

Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_At_World%27s_End_soundtrack.jpg

Inception Soundtrack

Hans%20Zimmer%20Inception%20Soundtrack.jpg

The Complete Stories Of Sherlock Holmes

complete-sherlock-holmes-wordsworth-library-collection-21544722.jpeg

Amsterdam Trip Purchases

Idfa-2006-logo-731086.jpgThe point of the trip was to experience IDFA, the documentary festival, which kinda brigns to mind boring political things, but I kinda didn't realise (for some reason) that documentaries can take so many stunning forms. A few featured some of the best cinematography I've seen in a long time, very interesting structurally, cinematic etc. Jogen Leth's Erotic Man was a HUGELY controversial screening, walk-outs, shouting in the Q+A, I was angry (which I never get)..loved it. :D

Anyway. Cinema tickets:

Boxing Gym by Frederick Wiseman

boxing-gym-movie-poster.jpg

RATING: ****

This Is My Picture When I Was Dead by Mahmoud Al Massad

TIhis-is-my-pic-Still.jpg

RATING: *** 1/2

I Am A Girl! by Susan Koenen

RATING: ****

What's In A Name by Eva Kupper

Eva_Kupper3lowres.PNG

RATING: **** 1/2 (My Favourite)

Queen Of The Sun by Taggart Siegel

queen.jpg

RATING: ***

David Wants To Fly by David Sieveking

David-Wants-to-Fly-Movie-Poster.jpg

RATING: ***

Erotic Man by Jorgen Leth

erotic_man.jpg&t=1

RATING: I have no idea. I loved the cinema experience, and I'm so bored of like...looking outside the frame that holds a piece of art to try and find things that the piece of art is lacking. My current thought process RE: art is like dealing with the fact that you have been presented with something, get over it you fucking ugly feminists. It wasn't an amazing film, but it was a lovely little poem that doesn't deserve the pointless and frankly stupid criticism it got. I'm bored of people complaining that there wasn't enough variation in the races of women presented. FUCK off. Ugly bitch. It's a black woman. Accept this visual fact and move on. I hate. I love. It becomes a case of when you defend something really vehemently cause people are unfar about it, not because you love it.

-51cmHMPygzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51Do1%2BtTbwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

12 Euro for both. Ys.

And then loads of stuff that I dunno is legal to mention when not actually in Amsterdam. But it was good. I enjoyed it.

Somehow spent loads, despite that being the only things I recall actively spending money on except food. I walked everywhere (so easy in Amsty).

OH WAIT. 4 euro for the Sexmuseum. Such a bargain too.

61PBXEQJlOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

bioshock2.se.lg.jpg

Finally got around to ordering this, one of the few special editions I've ever wanted to get. Got it for the fairly low price of £20, with free next day delivery thrown in. Pretty dam pleased if I say so myself :bouncy:

This arrived today :D

The packaging is rather lovely indeed. The box is embossed with an interesting print and feels quite plush on the inside. The vinyl is pleasingly weighty, the CD is quite cool in that it looks like a miniature vinyl. The art book is pretty amazing - I was expecting a small thing the size of a game box, but it's full size and quite lengthy. The posters are less impressive, fairly small and printed on cheap-ish paper, but the art is nice enough. Would have been nice if the game had come in a steelbook as well.

Overall, very pleased with the purchase. Anyone else thinking about it, go for it. That said I really probably should have saved money at this point...but oh well.

Especially considering I just bought this as well:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKkRbwzEr-Dd6CWPvWmS8nrrQ0J66QhsgojMregNfmCWS2ablQHQ

A nice little practice amp, been after one for a while. Would have preferred an Orange amp...but I'm slightly more frugal than that. Plus my bigger amp is Ashdown and that works well enough.

Edited by ipaul

@Paj was it the one just down the road from the main train station? AWESOME place, so worth it. The room with all the fetishes is a bit disturbing though.

MX170_intro.jpg

Sennheiser mx170 earphones, £8. Best cheap earphones i've ever had.

@Paj was it the one just down the road from the main train station? AWESOME place, so worth it. The room with all the fetishes is a bit disturbing though.

Yeah, it was suprisingly interesting. The only bit was really "disturbed" me was that animatronic of an old diseased homeless woman that lunges at you. OH and the bum attached to the wall on the first staircase with eyes in it? When it blinked, it hissed really loudly and my friends and I all jumped and screamed. :p

I love that the few Danish films that reach an international audience are almost solely controversial films by the most controversial people we have in Denmark. :p

My trainers have just about had it so I got these after work this morning..

Trainers.jpg

I'm toying with the idea of sticking white laces into them :heh:

That looks like a Mac mouse-mat, and something left-over from a deformed I-pod.

61X40TFMPTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

EDIT: I cancelled the previous order and got one for £14.99 with Free One day delivery, decided to trail Amazon Prime, so I can take my time with it. Better e-mail otaku.co.uk to hold on my Gunslinger girl Blu Ray order till next week.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

A few bits I got in the sales:

5209500963_a8409bf38f.jpg

5209499121_75369a05c0.jpg

5209498143_d131cbedde.jpg

All from SuperDry. Shirts were $75ish each and the jacket $160. Got $75 off in the sale which is cool as I already wanted them anyway. Wanted to get some bits in Hollister but the queue was ridiculous, 20% of with foursquare there till the end of the month though so I'll just pop in in the week I think.

I actually really like them, I would have gone for the trackpad if it wasn't for damn Minecraft.

I actually really like them' date=' I would have gone for the trackpad if it wasn't for damn Minecraft.[/quote']

I frequently use the third mouse button.

Plus im never sure which way up my housemate's mouse should be :p

I frequently use the third mouse button.

I don't think I could survive without the middle mouse button...