N-Europe

Mythbusters

Happenstance

As the new series starts in the UK on Monday I thought id see if there are any other fans of the show here.

Ive become obsessed with it over the past few months, probably driving people crazy with it as everytime I watch an episode I tend to go talk to someone about it.

I love this show, it's totally awesome! I love it when they do movie myths.

I love this show, it's totally awesome! I love it when they do movie myths.

I recently posed a myth to the MythBusters:

'The Wii has hardcore games'

They did days of research, but suffice to say, it got busted.

-----

I think it's a decent show, but nothing special. The presenters/busters annoy me a bit.

I recently posed a myth to the MythBusters:

'The Wii has no hardcore games'

They did days of research, but suffice to say, it got busted.

-----

I think it's a decent show, but nothing special. The presenters/busters annoy me a bit.

Fixed ;)

I love Mythbusters, watch it whenever it's on. Love the special editions like the ones based on movie stuff, Jaws and Bond episodes for example. Plus the explosions, my favourite still being when they made a cement truck vanish, haha

• 3 years later...
I have never actually watched an episode of Mythbusters though I've heard the show(presumably american) referenced often when I google some classic myths. What/when is it on?

Every single non terrestrial channel, what seems like 24 hours a day. Sometimes.

No, Discovery channel type things.

I am surprised you have never seen it.

I watch it every now and then. Which has over the years been quite a lot. I never turn it on at any spesific time since I'm awful at tv schedules, but it seems to run quite often so I catch most of the episodes by just randomly zapping through the channels and eventually ending on either Discovery or Animal Planet. As someone above said, I like the movie myths episodes. They had a good one with pirates myths, most of them from Pirate of Caribbean. Also really liked one I saw a few weeks ago, where they tested phrases that refer to something being impossible, like "to catch a greased pig" and "it's like herding cats".

I've tried watching it a couple of times and the amount of recapping they do to each other after each commercial break is agonising. They could cut it down to 30 minutes if they just stopped with the procrastinating bullshit.

This is a typically US show problem, I'm not saying it doesn't happen in UK shows but it is way more prevalent in US shows, couple that with with coming up bits they do before commercial breaks which sometimes shows stuff that's not on till the last quarter of the show and it makes watching tv shows downright painful!

Every single non terrestrial channel, what seems like 24 hours a day. Sometimes.

No, Discovery channel type things.

I am surprised you have never seen it.

Maybe I have seen it...and this is just a myth!

Just kidding. If it isn't ever on Freeview then I don't see it!

it was on Channel 4 for ages wasn't it?

can't believe they've got rid of Kari,Grant and Tori...this is three times as bad as when Scotty was replaced with Kari

I must admit though i prefer Jamie and and Adam, far too frequently the B-team seem good, but Kari gets too much screen time and they play on how attractive she is, fine i get it she's hot but why is she holding a gun in a sexy pose recapping the last explosion?

• 5 years later...