Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Twitter

Beast

Hey N-E, I just got with the times a little and I got myself a Twitter. I haven't got it for personal use, just for my reviews and movie blog stuff and I started to think of the one question: How in the world does it work???

So I can't add any friends? All I can do is follow people? Also, why can I only type like 100 letters? Can somebody explain this to me a little?

Also, if you want, add my Twitter: http://twitter.com/DazzMovieReview and also put your Twitter on here and I'll follow you.

Oh and how do you design your own background because I downloaded a template for the Twitter backgrounds and they're all different sizes. Which is the right one?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wanted to type more than "like 100 letters" [140 characters] then you really shouldn't have joined Twitter :p

As Raining said, following is being friends with in twitter terms.

To change backgrounds go to Settings > Design. Just try out whatever you've downloaded and see if it works.

So once you follow them, they can see what you've put or do they have to follow you too?

Oh and when I said 100 letters, I wanted to say something and then post a link to the page where my review was but it was too long.

So once you follow them, they can see what you've put or do they have to follow you too?

Oh and when I said 100 letters, I wanted to say something and then post a link to the page where my review was but it was too long.

They have to follow you to see what you post, unless you mention them in that post, which would then be a direct message.

Ah I see what you mean now, so it's kind of like a one-sided friendship if they don't follow you, lmao. I'm currently trying to find out my screen resolution so I can start designing my Twitter.

Thanks for your help and tell me what your Twitters are and I'll follow you. :)

Use a URL shortener to post links through Twitter so you can get more space for text.

They have to follow you to see what you post, unless you mention them in that post, which would then be a direct message.

Incorrect.

They can't see the random crap you post unless you mention them (e.g. @stephenfry is so cool like) which they will see (and if they're nice reply to, like Kelsey Grammar, Andrew Dost and The Boy Least Likely To have to mine) and is called a 'mention'. A direct message is something else, akin to forum private messages.

Incorrect.

They can't see the random crap you post unless you mention them (e.g. @stephenfry is so cool like) which they will see (and if they're nice reply to, like Kelsey Grammar, Andrew Dost and The Boy Least Likely To have to mine) and is called a 'mention'. A direct message is something else, akin to forum private messages.

Everything I said was correct except I called it a direct message instead of a mention :woops:

Twitter isn't too bad, it's great to update quickly with what's going on in the world from your perspective of things. As many have said, it is a great way to follow your favourite celebrities/hero's (without the need to sneak into their homes)

I love Twitter. I just used it on my cycle last week from Geneva to Milano and it's awesome to see it geo-locate my tweets; one day in Switzerland, the next in Italy. I only tweet stuff I'd want to read again.

I've also started using it to post on the spot photos.

Twitter is also a hilarious indicator of how boring someone can be.

I have no need for it. For me to use it would be silly. I have nothing to say I couldn't just say on facebook, which everyone I know actually has.

I do like the fact it really shows how the barrier between "celebrity" and "average joe" is blurring though. And that's a good thing obvs.

Love, love, love Twitter! I've joined relatively recently and like to update semi-interesting things from time to time.

I've purposely gone out of my way to make sure I don't become a Twitter hoar and post everything that I do. Just every now and then. Plus, I love looking back every now and then on some of my tweets and remember things that I had forgotten.

It's great when (like all things) used in moderation :p I also got a reply to one "famous-ish" internet celebrity and, let me tell you, it's a nice feeling!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!